If we get a Goku/Vegeta Fusion Dance... Gogeta or Vegetto?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

superfan2024
Regular

If we get a Goku/Vegeta Fusion Dance... Gogeta or Vegetto?

Post by superfan2024 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:08 am

I’ve copied a post i’ve made from the main movie thread:

Toei has chosen three select movies to return to US theaters later this year to help promote movie 20. They’re showing us the OG Broly film, the Bardock TV special, but also weirdly the Fusion Reborn film. We know that M20’s focusing on Broly, Saiyan history, Freeza, and etc so that’s why we have OG Broly film and Bardock special, but we’re also getting Fusion Reborn, so that means we might get some type of fusion or something fusion related in the movie. And if we do get a Goku and Vegeta fusion through the fusion dance in the movie, do y’all actually think we’re getting Gogeta? I’m pretty sure we’re getting Vegetto still. Gogeta from what I remember was something Toei created just so they could use it in Fusion Reborn initially. Gogeta was pretty much their Goku and Vegeta version of Gotenks. I’m pretty sure Toei made Gogeta first, then Toriyama had to create a different design/fusion (this is Vegetto) because there would be some issues and confusion using Gogeta from Toei/Fusion Reborn.

Also, Toriyama’s already rebooing Broly (a non canon character) so he can also reboot Gogeta (another non canon character) and just make him Vegetto. Having Goku and Vegeta transform into Vegetto through the potara but become Gogeta through the fusion dance makes no sense if it’s the same people. That’s what I truly believe.

Thoughts?
Last edited by superfan2024 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

precita
Banned

Re: If we get a Goku/Vegeta Fusion Dance... Gogeta or Vegetto?

Post by precita » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:28 am

If they do Fusion dance and don't use the earings, it will likely be Gogeta. Toei will want to bring him into canon and make toys/merch, etc. over him.

Easy to now sell Gogeta Blue stuff and not just Vegito Blue stuff.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:04 am

it's gogeta earrings is vegetto

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:52 am

I think that’d just cause needless confusion. Why have two versions of Gogeta with one named Vegetto, especially when there’s another character already named Vegetto?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:13 pm

The fact that people even believe there’s going to be a fusion in the upcoming movie actually pisses me off now that Ultra Instinct is a thing. I really don’t see why they would bring in a fusion when UI is far better and more effective against threats. Not just that, but it’s a new thing, and obviously they’re not going to ditch something just recently introduced that gets a lot of people hyped and makes a ton of money for a few decades old concept. Furthermore, a higher form for an individual Saiyan is far more respectable towards a Saiyan than an effortless fusion that does the rest for you. (Pride) now Goku actually has to work/suffer in order for him to be able to tap into it.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:49 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:The fact that people even believe there’s going to be a fusion in the upcoming movie actually pisses me off now that Ultra Instinct is a thing. I really don’t see why they would bring in a fusion when UI is far better and more effective against threats. Not just that, but it’s a new thing, and obviously they’re not going to ditch something just recently introduced that gets a lot of people hyped and makes a ton of money for a few decades old concept. Furthermore, a higher form for an individual Saiyan is far more respectable towards a Saiyan than an effortless fusion that does the rest for you. (Pride) now Goku actually has to work/suffer in order for him to be able to tap into it.
UI is not more effective, Goku has a hard time reaching it and then it burns him out quickly down to nothing. Fusion is a safer bet if Goku ans Vegeta weren't idiots because you could always try UI after fusion if necessary. Your not going to try fusion after UI when Goku is drained.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:12 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:The fact that people even believe there’s going to be a fusion in the upcoming movie actually pisses me off now that Ultra Instinct is a thing. I really don’t see why they would bring in a fusion when UI is far better and more effective against threats. Not just that, but it’s a new thing, and obviously they’re not going to ditch something just recently introduced that gets a lot of people hyped and makes a ton of money for a few decades old concept. Furthermore, a higher form for an individual Saiyan is far more respectable towards a Saiyan than an effortless fusion that does the rest for you. (Pride) now Goku actually has to work/suffer in order for him to be able to tap into it.
UI is not more effective, Goku has a hard time reaching it and then it burns him out quickly down to nothing. Fusion is a safer bet if Goku ans Vegeta weren't idiots because you could always try UI after fusion if necessary. Your not going to try fusion after UI when Goku is drained.
Your argument is irrelevant, since the same applies to SSJ Blue Vegito. It has a time limit of just a few minutes at the most. UI is more effective because it’s faster, stronger, and overall superior to Vegito Blue. And i am talking about MUI in general. Not counting in the fact that Goku has to sweat for it and can’t maintain it. A fully mastered UI can keep it up for hours. And easily trumps a Potara Fusion.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:35 am

Honestly I think making the Goku/Vegeta Fusion Dance Vegito instead of Gogeta would piss a lot of fans off. Vegito is awesome and I personally like him a bit more, but pointlessly doing away with a really popular character like Gogeta is just unnecessary. I like that 2 different methods of Fusion result in 2 different characters. Even though Gogeta has never appeared in the "canon" story, fans still like knowing of the possibility that he could potentially appear if Goku and Vegeta performed the dance instead of using the earrings.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:02 pm

As long as Toei is involved, there's 0 chance of getting Vegito out of the Fusion Dance.
Get Fucked, C_unt

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:30 pm

I don’t see why people are so obsessed with Gogeta. It’s a fact that Vegetto is stronger as a Potara Fusion (stated by Old Kaioshin) and Vegetto is also the only canon fusion between the two. So the fans who only watched the show have a lot of nostalgia going with it as a result. Also, the earrings just look great on him! And Vegetto has got the best showings in his debut within the series, both the anime and the manga. But i get it, opinions.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:51 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:I don’t see why people are so obsessed with Gogeta. It’s a fact that Vegetto is stronger as a Potara Fusion (stated by Old Kaioshin) and Vegetto is also the only canon fusion between the two. So the fans who only watched the show have a lot of nostalgia going with it as a result. Also, the earrings just look great on him! And Vegetto has got the best showings in his debut within the series, both the anime and the manga. But i get it, opinions.
I think that the reason for Gogeta's success is how badass he was in Fusion Reborn: he shows up, and quickly dominates his enemy without wasting time and goofing around, and he gets shit done. That left a strong impression, and it was something new because until then, fusions were something that was never used to finish off an enemy.
Get Fucked, C_unt

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:22 pm

What could possibly be interesting about Gogeta being in this new movie? Fusion is a gimmick of the Boo saga and should just go away at this point. It’s been done to death. Even more so than Broly.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:48 am

Potara fusion is Vegetto, the Fusion Dance is Gogeta.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:57 am

Meshack wrote:Potara fusion is Vegetto, the Fusion Dance is Gogeta.
1. Goku and Vegeta performing the fusion dance has never appeared in canon.

2. Why would there be two different looking beings once they fuse regardless of the way they fuse?

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:45 pm

superfan2024 wrote:Why would there be two different looking beings once they fuse regardless of the way they fuse?
Because they're using different methods of Fusion made by two completely different races... I'd say it makes more sense for them to look different than to be exactly the same.
Last edited by Analytic on Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:55 pm

If they are going to bother with a dance it's going to be Gogeta
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:18 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Your argument is irrelevant, since the same applies to SSJ Blue Vegito. It has a time limit of just a few minutes at the most. UI is more effective because it’s faster, stronger, and overall superior to Vegito Blue. And i am talking about MUI in general. Not counting in the fact that Goku has to sweat for it and can’t maintain it. A fully mastered UI can keep it up for hours. And easily trumps a Potara Fusion.
So your talking about something that doesn't exist in the series.

Here are facts Goku can't go into UI at will and when he does it drains him to nearly no power and thus he can't fuse.

Going into Vegito or Gogeta would give him a big power boost and once the fusion ends of he needs to he can than attempt UI.