Would y’all like it if Tori rebooted other Z Movie/GT villains?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: Would y’all like it if Tori rebooted other Z Movie/GT villains?

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:49 pm

Rebooting someone like Cooler would be pretty redundant, but I do think there’s potential to be had in rebooting Janemba or Hildegarn. Between the two, there’s probably a much better chance of Janemba getting rebooted, since he’s up there with Broly and Cooler as being among the most popular of the Toei movie villains.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:13 pm

I hope Toriyama canonizes this fella once.

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:23 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:Image

Who is that supposed to be?

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:58 pm

Nokra wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:Image

Who is that supposed to be?

Majin Ozotto is a villain that appears in the Japanese exclusive arcade game Dragon Ball Z: V.R.V.S.(1994).

It was revealed in the Dragon Ball 30th Anniversary “Super History Book” that Ozotto possesses a transformation. In his transformed state, he was much more rotund, possessed an eye on his stomach, and four hands instead of two. Toriyama drew the design.

Majin Ozotto has the ability to open space-time portals as well.
Most recently he made a short cameo appearance during the Prison Planet Arc of Dragon Ball Heroes.

Of course the design of Ozotto as such doesn't guarantee a great DB arc or movie. They should tie a a good story to him.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:54 pm

Exline wrote:No, I'm tired of this series retreading old grounds instead of making new characters/new plot points.
Riiight. Let’s just pretend we didn’t have a tournament where there were countless other fighters we had never seen before. Or where there were other universes with dieties and angels that are unbelievabley powerful, on top of a guy who time skips. Quit your complaining.

As far as villains go, I think most people agree that Cell would be an excellent villain in this day and age. The fact that he’s a culmination of all the overpowered fighters they have in U7 makes him an unbridled threat.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:06 pm

TheOne wrote:Let’s just pretend we didn’t have a tournament where there were countless other fighters we had never seen before.
It's funny how we can say that there were countless other fighters but we can't say that there were countless other techniques. I can only remember from that one guy (I can't even remember his name, which just shows how memorable things are in tournaments) from Universe 9 who fought against Gohan. And then there was that giant who used Janemba's techniques.
TheOne wrote:Or where there were other universes with dieties and angels that are unbelievabley powerful, on top of a guy who time skips. Quit your complaining.
Huh... Yes, there were other Universes with other deities and angels. So what? I don't remember them doing anything. Oh, I remembered there was a fight between three Gods of Destruction, but it was so fast that I couldn't even finish eating my food while watching it. Did those deities and angels do something? Or were they just there filling the background and saying random stuff here and there?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:56 pm

TheOne wrote:
Exline wrote:No, I'm tired of this series retreading old grounds instead of making new characters/new plot points.
Riiight. Let’s just pretend we didn’t have a tournament where there were countless other fighters we had never seen before. Or where there were other universes with dieties and angels that are unbelievabley powerful, on top of a guy who time skips. Quit your complaining.

As far as villains go, I think most people agree that Cell would be an excellent villain in this day and age. The fact that he’s a culmination of all the overpowered fighters they have in U7 makes him an unbridled threat.
In all fairness, that same arc also brought back Freeza, in addition to having a female Broly.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
TheOne wrote:

In all fairness, that same arc also brought back Freeza, in addition to having a female Broly.
I feel as if the purpose of having a Kale was to show a counterpart to the Broly that’s about to appear in their universe. If they’re twin universes, you should have similar counterparts. Maybe we might get a U7 Hit equivalent since they’re trying to make it seem like there are still powerful fighters in U7 who have been flying under the radar.

As far as Frieza, I guess everything is pointing to this Broly movie. Frieza realizing he needs to team up to win sometimes would have never happened if he didn’t participate in the tournament. Frieza being alive during the Broly movie is probably not a bad idea story wise.

There are easy ways of defending this aspect of Super. However, there are things in Super where you’d have to go out of your way to come up with crazy defenses. This is not one of them.
How i predict the tournament will end:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:18 pm

GT_Goten10 wrote:the only one I want to see is Cooler but I hope they reboot nothing from GT
Why not reboot things from GT?

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:49 pm

PFM18 wrote:
GT_Goten10 wrote:the only one I want to see is Cooler but I hope they reboot nothing from GT
GT Characters should stay in GT I don’t want to see a Baby 2.0 or something like that
GT Fighter

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:18 pm

GT_Goten10 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
GT Characters should stay in GT I don’t want to see a Baby 2.0 or something like that
Agreed. Rebooting Tuffles as a race might work, but rebooting an existing character as Baby is awful idea.
Super already lacks original content and newest movie only makes it worse.
But Baby and Hatchiyack weren't really a Tuffles so DBS could reboot this race without copying anything from those two.
If they just kept them as a race with advanced technology it would be fine. Race itself is still an open field for improvements.
I am sure Tuffles can be interesting on their own, instead of living in shadows of their creations like Baby and even unpopular Hatchiyack.
This is something Super could totally make use of and perhaps partially redeem itself in my eyes because I'm interested in Tuffles.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:35 am

Nope. That would look like he ran out of ideas.