Zamasu (Not Black) is very underrated...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: Zamasu (Not Black) is very underrated...

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:20 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:People who defend Zamasu's motivations sound like angry edgelords mad at the world, it's pretty ridiculous.
It dose seem a very cup half empty mentality.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:43 am

I was just rewatching the last episode of Super and it's so funny that Shin, Old Kai, Beerus and Whis don't seem to mind that a resurrected Frieza outright stated that he doesn't intend to stop his evil methods. Which means that the Gods of Universe 7 don't care if many more innocents will suffer due to the return of Frieza.

Perhaps the Dragon Ball cosmos is simply beyond redemption. Zamasu was the only God who tried to restore order and justice in a cosmos overrun by anarchy and confusion. It looks as if every other God does not care about the cosmos' blatant issues. So be it. They shall pay the consequences of their negligence.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:29 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:I was just rewatching the last episode of Super and it's so funny that Shin, Old Kai, Beerus and Whis don't seem to mind that a resurrected Frieza outright stated that he doesn't intend to stop his evil methods. Which means that the Gods of Universe 7 don't care if many more innocents will suffer due to the return of Frieza.

Perhaps the Dragon Ball cosmos is simply beyond redemption. Zamasu was the only God who tried to restore order and justice in a cosmos overrun by anarchy and confusion. It looks as if every other God does not care about the cosmos' blatant issues. So be it. They shall pay the consequences of their negligence.
I'm going to say it one more time.

Zamas is objectively wrong.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:35 pm

Bergamo wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:I was just rewatching the last episode of Super and it's so funny that Shin, Old Kai, Beerus and Whis don't seem to mind that a resurrected Frieza outright stated that he doesn't intend to stop his evil methods. Which means that the Gods of Universe 7 don't care if many more innocents will suffer due to the return of Frieza.

Agree 100%. Zamasu's motivations remind me so much of a school shooter's, difference is that the latter don't have supporters because they didn't appear in a TV show. I'm genuinely concerned for the people who unironically defend his actions
Get Fucked, C_unt

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:42 pm

Miracles wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
I don’t think that was theme at all, most of all if wasn’t for humans the Earth would have been destroyed multiple times over.
Only reason why humans have to save the world is the truth of Zamasu's words, how mortals fight each other and can't get along with what the gods has given them. Hence why the only way for peace is to wipe them out.
That’s a delusional way of thinking, there will be conflict no matter what, even the Kais and God of Destructions quarrel amongst themselves. Creatures that aren’t human have conflict as well, it’s just a natural part of life.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:50 pm

Bergamo wrote:

Except Zamasu witnessed many examples like Planet Babari that prove that mortals are useless, therefore he is not objectively wrong.
I'm genuinely concerned for the people who unironically defend his actions
How many times must I repeat that I am not defending his actions, but his ideals?
That’s a delusional way of thinking, there will be conflict no matter what, even the Kais and God of Destructions quarrel amongst themselves. Creatures that aren’t human have conflict as well, it’s just a natural part of life.
Hence why Zamasu also believed that there was no longer a need for multiple Gods who squabbled amongst each other and forsake their duties to the cosmos.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:54 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
Bergamo wrote:

Except Zamasu witnessed many examples like Planet Babari that prove that mortals are useless, therefore he is not objectively wrong.
I'm genuinely concerned for the people who unironically defend his actions
How many times must I repeat that I am not defending his actions, but his ideals?
Hence why Zamasu also believed that there was no longer a need for multiple Gods who squabbled amongst each other and forsake their duties to the cosmos.
Zamas believes that defying the gods is the epitome of sin.
Zamas killed the gods and defied Zeno.
The objective measure of a universe is the quality of it's mortals.
0 mortals = 0 mortal level
Zeno erased the planets when he deems mortals unworthy, which proves that the planets are literally meaningless without mortals.
Zamas killed billions because he loved inanimate rocks.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:59 pm

For a mortal, that is the epitome of sin, since Gods crated mortals. Other Gods are exempt from that rule.

Also, Zamasu turned on the Gods who had the power to stop evil, but did nothing at all. Thus they committed sin too.
Zamasu killed the Gods who let mortals cause havoc amongst the multiverse, and often disregarded the divine laws estabilished by the Omni-King.
Not in the new cosmos that Zamasu was going to create.
Zeno erased the planets when he deems mortals unworthy
He also erased planets because he was bored one day.
Zamasu killed billions because he was tired of mortal bullshit, seeing as entire planets were being torn apart by the wars ravaged by mortals. Zeno killed billions because he was bored one day. Beerus killed millions because he didn't like the food cooked in a particular planet. Beerus also let Frieza ravage Universe 7 with his empire of cruelty and slavery, thus forsaking the laws of the Gods and ignoring the suffering of Universe 7.

Omniboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:13 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote: Agree 100%. Zamasu's motivations remind me so much of a school shooter's, difference is that the latter don't have supporters because they didn't appear in a TV show. I'm genuinely concerned for the people who unironically defend his actions
Sadly there are actually people who support school shooters. There was actually fanart on tumblr of one of the shooters celebrating the anniversary of the Columbine shootings. I know it seems petty, but I find it a bit worrying how we glorify villains in media because they bought up a "good point"...

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Omniboy wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote: Agree 100%. Zamasu's motivations remind me so much of a school shooter's, difference is that the latter don't have supporters because they didn't appear in a TV show. I'm genuinely concerned for the people who unironically defend his actions
Sadly there are actually people who support school shooters. There was actually fanart on tumblr of one of the shooters celebrating the anniversary of the Columbine shootings. I know it seems petty, but I find it a bit worrying how we glorify villains in media because they bought up a "good point"...
I agree, I think that's really concerning
Get Fucked, C_unt

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:20 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
For a mortal, that is the epitome of sin, since Gods crated mortals. Other Gods are exempt from that rule.

Also, Zamasu turned on the Gods who had the power to stop evil, but did nothing at all. Thus they committed sin too.
Zamasu killed the Gods who let mortals cause havoc amongst the multiverse, and often disregarded the divine laws estabilished by the Omni-King.
Not in the new cosmos that Zamasu was going to create.
Zeno erased the planets when he deems mortals unworthy
He also erased planets because he was bored one day.
Zamasu killed billions because he was tired of mortal bullshit, seeing as entire planets were being torn apart by the wars ravaged by mortals. Zeno killed billions because he was bored one day. Beerus killed millions because he didn't like the food cooked in a particular planet. Beerus also let Frieza ravage Universe 7 with his empire of cruelty and slavery, thus forsaking the laws of the Gods and ignoring the suffering of Universe 7.
You can't be wrong if you create new rules as to what is morally unjust, and even when you break the rules you made, just say, "I'm super God. I can't be wrong." Good argument. Really makes me feel like I'm trying to argue with someone who's in a cult.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:21 pm

You can't be wrong if you create new rules as to what is morally unjust, and even when you break the rules you made, just say, "I'm super God. I can't be wrong."
Zamasu never stated that it was a sin for a God to kill another God. He only stated that it was a sin for a mortal to kill a God. And considering how those "Gods" often turned a blind eye to the suffering of trillions, they deserve what they got in the Future timeline. Especially Gowasu.

Also, Zamasu's logic is worse than Beerus' "Millions will die if I don't like the food they cook on their planet" because...?

This is hypocrisy at its finest. Zamasu is evil for murdering billions for justice's and peace's sake, yet Zeno is allied with the good guys even though he muredered billions for fun. Double standards, much?

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:41 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
You can't be wrong if you create new rules as to what is morally unjust, and even when you break the rules you made, just say, "I'm super God. I can't be wrong."
Zamasu never stated that it was a sin for a God to kill another God. He only stated that it was a sin for a mortal to kill a God. And considering how those "Gods" often turned a blind eye to the suffering of trillions, they deserve what they got in the Future timeline. Especially Gowasu.

Also, Zamasu's logic is worse than Beerus' "Millions will die if I don't like the food they cook on their planet" because...?

This is hypocrisy at its finest. Zamasu is evil for murdering billions for justice's and peace's sake, yet Zeno is allied with the good guys even though he muredered billions for fun. Double standards, much?
Zeno doesn't brutally murder and torture people, he erases them. He has the authority to revoke being's right to exists, because he is the Lord of Everything. It may not be justified, but he's super-god, so there's not much we can do. We've also never seen him erase something for no reason. Likewise, we've never seen Beerus destroy something for no reason.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:45 pm

Bergamo wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:

Zeno doesn't brutally murder and torture people, he erases them. He has the authority to revoke being's right to exists, because he is the Lord of Everything. It may not be justified, but he's super-god, so there's not much we can do. We've also never seen him erase something for no reason. Likewise, we've never seen Beerus destroy something for no reason.
It's no use arguing with cult leaders man, the Zamasu ass kissing will continue
Get Fucked, C_unt

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:46 pm

I'm just going to say it, but Trunks is literally equal status to Zamas on the God hierarchy.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:50 pm

Zeno doesn't brutally murder and torture people, he erases them.
For childish reasons, I might add. To me, the thought of entire civilizations being destroyed in an instant (it's basically the same thing) just because a child was bored is... horrible.
He has the authority to revoke being's right to exists, because he is the Lord of Everything.
And Zamasu has the authority to revoke mortals' right to exist, since he is the only Kai left in the Future timeline, and the Kais are those who created mortal kind.
It may not be justified, but he's super-god, so there's not much we can do.
But then you should apply the same logic to Zamasu. He's a God, he can decide what to do with lowly mortals, and there is not much that we can do about it.
I'm just going to say it, but Trunks is literally equal status to Zamas on the God hierarchy.
Trunks never became a fully-fledged Supreme Kai, unlike Zamasu who usurped his master's position and became the new Supreme Kai of Universe 10. And the being that was born from the fusion of the two Zamasus was the Supreme God.

It is also interesting to note how the Grand Priest did not stop Zamasu in the Future timeline. And I doubt that the Grand Priest, so wise and cunning, couldn't notice the "death" of his children and the eradication of many mortal civilizations. Zeno, I can understand, since he is a child, but the Grand Priest? He must have known what Zamasu was doing. And he didn't stop him, despite being one of the five strongest beings in the entire multiverse. Why is that?

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:58 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
For childish reasons, I might add. To me, the thought of entire civilizations being destroyed in an instant (it's basically the same thing) just because a child was bored is... horrible.
He has the authority to revoke being's right to exists, because he is the Lord of Everything.
And Zamasu has the authority to revoke mortals' right to exist, since he is the only Kai left in the Future timeline, and the Kais are those who created mortal kind.
But then you should apply the same logic to Zamasu. He's a God, he can decide what to do with lowly mortals, and there is not much that we can do about it.
Trunks never became a fully-fledged Supreme Kai, unlike Zamasu who usurped his master's position and became the new Supreme Kai of Universe 10. And the being that was born from the fusion of the two Zamasus was the Supreme God.

It is also interesting to note how the Grand Priest did not stop Zamasu in the Future timeline. And I doubt that the Grand Priest, so wise and cunning, couldn't notice the "death" of his children and the eradication of many mortal civilizations. Zeno, I can understand, since he is a child, but the Grand Priest? He must have known what Zamasu was doing. And he didn't stop him, despite being one of the five strongest beings in the entire multiverse. Why is that?
1. GP is neutral
2. Zamas can still restore, therefore he is still an apprentice.
3. Nice job dodging my points mate.

The truth is, common sense says that Zamas is wrong because he's a psychopathic murderer. Despite this, even by Zamas's own twisted logic, he's wrong.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:00 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:

Zeno erasing a timeline is horrible but Zamasu terrorizing and murdering every single living being one by one isn't... Very nice logic there pal
Get Fucked, C_unt

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:11 pm

1. GP is neutral
Then why are you not disgusted by the fact that he ignored the death of trillions of innocents?
No, for only Supreme Kais can use the Time Ring. Zamasu himself states that he assumed the position of Supreme Kai once he murdered his tragically useless master.
I have addressed all your points.
The truth is, common sense says that Zamas is wrong because he's a psychopathic murderer.
Yet the many examples similiar to Planet Babari that Zamasu witnessed say that there is truth in his ideals.
Despite this, even by Zamas's own twisted logic, he's wrong.
Zamasu never went against his own logic. As Vegito said, He had an answer for everything.
Zeno erasing a timeline is horrible but Zamasu terrorizing and murdering every single living being one by one isn't...
Zamasu destroying many innocents to restore peace and order is horrible, but Zeno destroying many innocents for fun is ok. Nice logic.

Also, Zamasu gave a quick and merciful death to most mortals. Indeed, it is stated that half the population of Earth had been wiped out during Zamasu's initial assault, so many did not walk that nightmare.

Actually, erasure is much worse. Because at least Zamasu's victims had the change to reunite with their loved ones in the afterlife (and if they were good people, they would spend an eternity of joy and harmony). Whereas those who were erased by Zeno simply ceased to exist, which is a much more chilling thought.

Lastly, It looks as if I have to repeat myself yet again. I never said that I agreed with Zamasu's methods. I merely said that I agreed with Zamasu's ideals in the Dragon Ball universe. Of course I don't fucking want Humanity to disappear in real life, because in real life Humanity does not try to kill Gods and doesn't turn entire planets into toxic wastelands. I even remarked that if I had been Zamasu, since I am not a sadist in real life, I would have just asked the Divine Dragon to give all mortals a swift and painless demise.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:15 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
1. GP is neutral
Then why are you not disgusted by the fact that he ignored the death of trillions of innocents?
No, for only Supreme Kais can use the Time Ring. Zamasu himself states that he assumed the position of Supreme Kai once he murdered his tragically useless master.
I have addressed all your points.
The truth is, common sense says that Zamas is wrong because he's a psychopathic murderer.
Yet the many examples similiar to Planet Babari that Zamasu witnessed say that there is truth in his ideals.
Despite this, even by Zamas's own twisted logic, he's wrong.
Zamasu never went against his own logic. As Vegito said, He had an answer for everything.
Zeno erasing a timeline is horrible but Zamasu terrorizing and murdering every single living being one by one isn't...
Zamasu destroying many innocents to restore peace and order is horrible, but Zeno destroying many innocents for fun is ok. Nice logic.

Also, Zamasu gave a quick and merciful death to most mortals. Indeed, it is stated that half the population of Earth had been wiped out during Zamasu's initial assault, so many did not walk that nightmare.

Actually, erasure is much worse. Because at least Zamasu's victims had the change to reunite with their loved ones in the afterlife (and if they were good people, they would spend an eternity of joy and harmony). Whereas those who were erased by Zeno simply ceased to exist, which is a much more chilling thought.

Lastly, It looks as if I have to repeat myself yet again. I never said that I agreed with Zamasu's methods. I merely said that I agreed with Zamasu's ideals in the Dragon Ball universe. Of course I don't fucking want Humanity to disappear in real life, because in real life Humanity does not try to kill Gods and doesn't turn entire planets into toxic wastelands.
You're more disgusted by the guy who can't do anything to stop the genocide than the guy committing the genocide.

You actually cut out my main points when you quoted me.

When Vegito says that Zamas has an answer to everything, he means that no matter how many contradictions you point out, he will find a way to justify his logic. It's similar to what you're doing now.