Why do people consider Hit weak in the manga?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Re: Why do people consider Hit weak in the manga?

Post by TysonWine » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:06 am

I don't think Hit is weak in the manga nor do I think most fans believe him to be weak in comparison to the rest of the cast. Hit is only weak when compared directly to his anime counterpart, and I don't really think that's debatable as the events speak for themselves. When you use the literal definition of "weak" it doesn't make sense to call Hit weak in either medium, considering he's a top 10 if not top 5 mortal in the 12 universes.

While I don't consider Hit weak, I do consider him to be less of a threat in the manga. Not being a threat doesn't necessarily equate to being weak. And what I mean by that is while Hit is strong, in the manga, his techniques are shown to work differently. He's a lot easier for the top dogs (Goku, Jiren, etc) to deal with as his techniques are offset by the strength of his opponent. While this is the case in the anime, it's to a much lower extent which allowed Hit to have more success in his battles, as even if you're stronger than him he has to be figured out a little more.