If Gogeta is in DBS: Broly

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

If Gogeta is in DBS: Broly

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:15 pm

So a theory going around that the 3 fathom event movies will have a connection to the new movie. The first one is obvious since it is Broly's debut film. Bardock, showing how Goku escaped from the destruction of the planet, since the film is said to be with the history of the saiyans. Now the last part fusion reborn, the speculation is since the first two have connections, does this mean Gogeta will be apart of the film. I know one of the key features of the film is Goku and Vegeta working together but what if it also introduces Gogeta.

I am mixed on this, while it would be cool to see Gogeta in the film, I would honestly hope he is used efficiently and not just defuse the last second. What do you guys think?
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Re: If Gogeta is in DBS: Broly

Post by batistabus » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:19 pm

You know what? At this point, why the hell not? Seems like a reasonable guess. I'm sick of fusion and I wouldn't see it as a likely possibility otherwise, but if Toei can talk Toriyama into writing a film about Broli, they can probably talk him into anything.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:25 pm

This Gogeta stuff is floating around a lot recently because of the remastered films. Now, I am not really entirely sure if I would like it or not. I think it mostly depends on how it would be executed.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:27 pm

I am mixed on this, while it would be cool to see Gogeta in the film, I would honestly hope he is used efficiently and not just defuse the last second. What do you guys think?
I think that the writers learned from the Future Trunks arc, when they had Vegito defuse a few minutes after his return, and right before he was going to deliver a critical blow to a disfigured Fused Zamasu.

So if Gogeta is born in this upcoming Broly movie, he will probably play a more meaningful and central role.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:30 pm

It'd really suck for Vegetto if Gogeta appeared in the movie and did the job right away, like he did in Fusion Reborn. Vegetto is superior, but portrayal so far is in Gogeta's favor. Except GT, of course, where he's a total jackass.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Saturnine wrote:It'd really suck for Vegetto if Gogeta appeared in the movie and did the job right away, like he did in Fusion Reborn. Vegetto is superior, but portrayal so far is in Gogeta's favor. Except GT, of course, where he's a total jackass.
Gogeta in GT still was useful and if it wasn't for him they would never beat Omega Shenron.
Meanwhile, Vegito in DBS pretty much did nothing.

Also, Vegito being superior isn't really a fact. While it was indeed stated in manga that potara fusion is superior, Gogeta from Movie 12 was said to be stronger than Vegito and that in short fight he would win. So it really depends if hypothetical DBS Gogeta would be based on what manga said or what Movie 12/GT showed.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:48 pm

"Yeah, that's gonna be a no from me dawg."

I like Gogeta in Fusion Reborn because he represents a resolution for the strained dynamic between Goku and Vegeta in that story, but I'm not sure if there's anything they can do with the character here that will make his inclusion feel necessary; at least not without retreading old ground. I wasn't okay with Vegito getting shoved into the Future Trunks arc purely for fanservice, and I definitely wouldn't be okay with it here either.

With that said, I'm generally willing to make exceptions if there's some kind of twist or interesting point to make about said fanservice. If the fusion fails not because it timed out or because their power couldn't sustain it, but simply because they still lacked the strength to defeat Broly in that form (eventually leading to Ultra Instinct Goku at the end) that would at least showcase a departure from what we'd typically expect from the series' so-called ultimate combined fighter. More importantly, it would help Broly feel like more of an insurmountable threat than other antagonists until now.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:47 pm

I really hope Gogeta isn't in the movie.

Fusion is such a cheap and lazy gimmick. The Fusion Saga was the worst in all of Z because of it. Gogeta in particular. It'd make it so predictable as well.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:10 pm

Though the very fabric of time is often abused in Dragon Ball.. If Blue-Getto barely lasted 5 minutes.. Gogeta should by that logic only last about two in a half minutes.. So I really don't see the point.

Plus the idea of having fused Goku and Vegeta fight Broly is kinda run down at this point, if you ask me.

It was cool in the Budokai 3 intro.. It was pretty cool in DB Multiverse and then, though still kinda cool, it was pretty run down by the time we got to the Tenkaichi 3 intro.. And NOW we even have it again with Blue Vegetto going up against Cumber in Heroes who at the moment just seems like another Broly-esque character.

Yeah sure, its 2018 now and for all intents and purposes we really cant assume that even half of the new fans that the franchise has now and even some of the older ones even remember the Budokai 3 intro, or Tenkaichi 3 Intro let alone even freaking heard of DB Multiverse. So yeah for a lot of people it could still be pretty damn fresh.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:03 pm

Honestly, Gogeta is my favorite fusion, and i would love to see him in the movie, but this could be really good or really bad.

It'll be really bad if Gogeta defuses at the last second. Aside from Fusion Reborn, every single other fusion has done that and it's beyond stale.

It'll be really good if he actually wins the fight, after a decent battle first. Also the Stardust Breaker is one of the best techniques in all of Dragon Ball.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:20 pm

I don't want Gogeta in this movie (and even Vegetto). We just got fusion in the Future Trunks arc. It felt appropriate there because Goku Black and Zamasu decided to fuse, so Goku and Vegeta evened out the playing field. But fusing against Broly? Hell no.

It just doesn't feel right. Neither Goku nor Vegeta would agree to that, especially against another Saiyan. That would be a low blow to Vegeta's pride, being forced to fuse to put up a fight against another Saiyan that he would consider beneath him. Goku using fusion is an absolute last resort, he wouldn't use it here if he knows that he's capable of becoming stronger through something like Ultra Instinct.

Goku and Vegeta were allowed to fuse in the ToP, where their universe was at stake, but they chose not to. They fought together against Jiren rathen that using the Potara. I would much rather see them teaming up against Broly than see them fuse again.

And if Broly really is that strong, then Goku will use Ultra Instinct to beat him. That is the new popular thing right now, it would only make sense to use that. I do not see fusion happening in this film (unless if it's Gotenks) and I hope it doesn't happen. Just because they're showing Fusion Reborn in theatres doesn't suddenly mean that Gogeta's coming back. They're probably showing it with Bardock because the length of that special isn't long enough to show in theatres, so they slapped one of the most popular DBZ films alongside it.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:22 pm

I imagine Gogeta will be in Movie #20. My hope is that if he is then it's just to wear down Broli and force him to drop his ultimate form, rather than completely end the battle.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:45 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Also, Vegito being superior isn't really a fact. While it was indeed stated in manga that potara fusion is superior, Gogeta from Movie 12 was said to be stronger than Vegito and that in short fight he would win. So it really depends if hypothetical DBS Gogeta would be based on what manga said or what Movie 12/GT showed.
Where was the bold stated?
Also Gogeta will likely be much stronger considering the gains Goku and Vegeta made in the ToP. Even so, they’ve both got that sucky time limit, and going by the DBS manga Vegetto seemed to only last a minute because of Blues power, so it’s gonna be interesting to see what Gogeta does if he’s in.

If he’s in I really hope that Gogeta looks like an actual fusion of Goku and Vegeta. Even though I prefer Vegetto, I loved the design of Gogeta in Fusion Reborn, and I was super bummed when SSJ4 Gogeta ended up looking a hell of a lot like Goku.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:50 am

If Goku can't get into UI again then fusion will be the only way to take him down as he's already beating them up as a normal Ssj.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:54 am

sintzu wrote:Image

If Goku can't get into UI again then fusion will be the only way to take him down as he's already beating them up as a normal Ssj.
So was Jiren infact he was whooping SSBKKx20 and SSBE without even trying

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:57 am

Vados_chan wrote:So was Jiren infact he was whooping SSBKKx20 and SSBE without even trying
Goku had UI to deal with Jiren but if he can't use it here then fusion will be likely.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:31 am

Sora Saiyan wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote: Also, Vegito being superior isn't really a fact. While it was indeed stated in manga that potara fusion is superior, Gogeta from Movie 12 was said to be stronger than Vegito and that in short fight he would win. So it really depends if hypothetical DBS Gogeta would be based on what manga said or what Movie 12/GT showed.
Where was the bold stated? .
It's fake. There was a magazine excerpt, that had been faked and was making the rounds here a few years back IIRC. The real text said something different. As I recall Herms translated it.
EDIT: I was wrong :lol:
Backstory:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15533&p=958600&hilit=Gogeta#p957682
Full story
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15533&p=1129625&hil ... a#p1129625
What was fake about it, was that it was made to look like it came from Toriyama, when it in fact came from some random.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:35 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Sora Saiyan wrote:
Where was the bold stated? .
It's fake. There was a magazine excerpt, that had been faked and was making the rounds here a few years back IIRC. The real text said something different. As I recall Herms translated it.
EDIT: I was wrong :lol:
Backstory:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15533&p=958600&hilit=Gogeta#p957682
Full story
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15533&p=1129625&hil ... a#p1129625
What was fake about it, was that it was made to look like it came from Toriyama, when it in fact came from some random.
Thank you! I actually remember seeing this previously, but I totally forgot about it. Thanks.
So this basically clashes with what the Toriyama/ the manga stated about Potara, so I know which one I believe. Even so, that’s obsolete on all ends now we know that Potara has a time limit too.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:25 am

The manga takes precedence over anything else, clearly. Trusting databooks, guidebooks and external statements to a fault is the reason why there are so many needless disagreements in the community.

As for Gogeta vs Vegetto - we do have a statement that the Potara fusion is superior, and not just on account of its supposed permanence. We also know that Gogeta (transformation level unclear) would be necessary to fight against Super Buu with no absorptions - we don't really know what sort of advantage he would have either. Super Vegetto - on the other hand - we know what he was capable of.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:55 am

Potara > Fusion dance

but somehow...
Gogeta (Movie 12) > Vegito (DBZ)

I guess it's the classic movie logic. Movies have different power scaling.

The question is, who is stronger:
Xeno Gogeta SSJ4 or Xeno Vegito SSJ4 (he was just revealed)?

Because Gogeta SSJ4 vs Vegito Blue would be hard to answer if we don't know if:
-GT Gogeta uses movie logic (stronger than Vegito) or manga logic (weaker than Vegito)
-SSJ4 is weaker or stronger than SSJ Blue
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta