If Gogeta is in DBS: Broly

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: If Gogeta is in DBS: Broly

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:59 pm

sintzu wrote:
Vados_chan wrote:So was Jiren infact he was whooping SSBKKx20 and SSBE without even trying
Goku had UI to deal with Jiren but if he can't use it here then fusion will be likely.
Aren’t you forgetting the fact that Broly will simply stomp UI out of Goku just like Jiren did? What’s so hard to understand about this idea? Just because Goku can’t activate UI at will, does NOT mean that he won’t tap into that form in that movie through some other means..

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:06 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Aren’t you forgetting the fact that Broly will simply stomp UI out of Goku just like Jiren did? What’s so hard to understand about this idea? Just because Goku can’t activate UI at will, does NOT mean that he won’t tap into that form in that movie through some other means..
I know that's possible. I mean if Goku can't use it at all regardless of how much damage he takes but I'll be very surprised if it doesn't show up.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:39 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Vados_chan wrote:So was Jiren infact he was whooping SSBKKx20 and SSBE without even trying
Goku had UI to deal with Jiren but if he can't use it here then fusion will be likely.
Aren’t you forgetting the fact that Broly will simply stomp UI out of Goku just like Jiren did? What’s so hard to understand about this idea? Just because Goku can’t activate UI at will, does NOT mean that he won’t tap into that form in that movie through some other means..
I think that people don't like the concept of a transformation that activates only when Goku is about to lose. It definitely seems like the ultimate Deus Ex Machina/Plot Device. Also, shouldn't it be harder for Goku to use UI, because it's stated that the more he uses it the harder it is for him to activate it? Broly will have to be a lot stronger than Jiren to get Goku to use UI.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:08 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:but somehow...
Gogeta (Movie 12) > Vegito (DBZ)
weren't both Goku and Vegeta dead at the time? Being dead means getting much LESS tired, so Dead Gogeta could have used greater power tiring less than Live Vegetto
The question is, who is stronger:
Xeno Gogeta SSJ4 or Xeno Vegito SSJ4 (he was just revealed)?
I'm waiting for the Mission to hit, as SS4 Vegetto:Xeno has different hairs colors than Gogeta, which suggest something else is going on.

...though I'm still waiting for the explanation why the Saiyan Avatars have blue-colored normal-styled hairs for their Blue forms instead of SS-styled

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:26 pm

I'm honestly no interested in seeing any kind fusion character (whether it be by the dance or with the potara) again in Dragon Ball. I found that the gimmick had already worn out its welcome by the time GT through their hat in the ring with SSJ4 Gogeta. I'd much rather see something akin to what we got in the Tournament Of Power, where the characters just work together as a unit and take down a common enemy with a combined effort, while retaining some individuality.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:29 pm

We have to remember what causes Saiyan Fusions to appear in all the canon/noncanon DB. Usually the villain is a "fused" being himself and therefore forces Saiyan Fusions. Majin Super Buu with good Buu absorbed vs Gotenks, Majin Buu Gohan absorbed vs Vegito, Janemba is made of many souls vs Gogeta, Merged Zamasu vs Vegito, Omega Shenron with the Dragon Balls absorbed vs Gogeta.

So if they follow this path then I doubt a Gogeta appearance will happen vs a singular LSSJ Broly. But I want Gogeta in the movie. I'd rather have Gogeta than all the Z Fighters passing along their Ki energy to Goku to match LSSJ Broly and beat him

"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:30 am

KingKaash wrote:I'd rather have Gogeta than all the Z Fighters passing along their Ki energy to Goku to match LSSJ Broly and beat him
It'll be either that or Kaioshin of East will conveniently be near them watching the fight with the Potara earrings on the palms of his hands. :wink:
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:39 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:Potara > Fusion dance

but somehow...

I guess it's the classic movie logic. Movies have different power scaling.
I’m really curious as to why I’ve seen this posted a couple of times now? What in Fusion Reborn leads to the belief that Gogeta is stronger than Vegetto? I mean Vegetto couldn’t have happened in Fusion Reborns continuity with Goku still being dead. To be fair I can’t really remember the movie besides the major bits, but is there anything in the movie that alludes to Vegetto actually being a thing?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:51 am

Sora Saiyan wrote:

but somehow...

I’m really curious as to why I’ve seen this posted a couple of times now? What in Fusion Reborn leads to the belief that Gogeta is stronger than Vegetto? I mean Vegetto couldn’t have happened in Fusion Reborns continuity with Goku still being dead. To be fair I can’t really remember the movie besides the major bits, but is there anything in the movie that alludes to Vegetto actually being a thing?
There was a magazine where it was stated that in shorter fight Gogeta would win but in longer fight Vegito would win although it was before Vegito's time limit was a thing.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:00 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Sora Saiyan wrote:

but somehow...

There was a magazine where it was stated that in shorter fight Gogeta would win but in longer fight Vegito would win although it was before Vegito's time limit was a thing.
Yeah, that one on the previous page. I thought it might’ve been that, but I wasn’t sure if there might’ve been something in the movie since I can’t remember much of it. Yeah now that Vegetto has a time limit I think that magazine doesn’t quite work, also the fact that a supplementary magazine can’t quite overide the manga, plus the anime which I believe also keeps the line about Potara fusion being greater. Also Daizenshuu 7 had an entry which outright stated that the Potara earrings give a greater increase in power.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:12 am

Sora Saiyan wrote:[...] plus the anime which I believe also keeps the line about Potara fusion being greater.
It didn't stop there either. They even have Vegetto mocking Buu about how he doesn't understand how great the Potara are. It's in the episode where Vegetto starts fighting Buu with SS IIRC.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:32 pm

I doubt he will but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. The entire Future Trunks arc exists because Toriyama took suggestions from the anime staff, Vegetto wasn't supposed to happen but Toyotaro suggested he should due to fan expectations and the entire Broly premise for the new film is once again based on someone nudging Toriyama and telling him "Hey, this shit could be cool! Lets do it!". I can very easily see someone suggesting Gogeta appear and Toriyama just rolling with it because of popular demand.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:38 pm

Grimlock wrote:
KingKaash wrote:I'd rather have Gogeta than all the Z Fighters passing along their Ki energy to Goku to match LSSJ Broly and beat him
It'll be either that or Kaioshin of East will conveniently be near them watching the fight with the Potara earrings on the palms of his hands. :wink:
If Broly is being brought in by Toriyama then let's make bring Gogeta in too!
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:22 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Saturnine wrote:It'd really suck for Vegetto if Gogeta appeared in the movie and did the job right away, like he did in Fusion Reborn. Vegetto is superior, but portrayal so far is in Gogeta's favor. Except GT, of course, where he's a total jackass.
Gogeta in GT still was useful and if it wasn't for him they would never beat Omega Shenron.
Meanwhile, Vegito in DBS pretty much did nothing.

Also, Vegito being superior isn't really a fact. While it was indeed stated in manga that potara fusion is superior, Gogeta from Movie 12 was said to be stronger than Vegito and that in short fight he would win. So it really depends if hypothetical DBS Gogeta would be based on what manga said or what Movie 12/GT showed.
the situations and opponents were different
zamasu was immortal in any case besides that its apparition of vegito was justified better since goku and vegeta tried to do several things before .. mafuba, training and fighting both at the same time
gogeta did not beat omega, was goku with the spirit bomb

and removing negative energy from the admosphere did not matter afterwards because omega returned to generate it

in the manga at least it is understood that vegito blue is more stronger than beerus

gogeta ssj4 is speculative because he never showed his maximum

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:41 am

Gonna be honest, I don't really want any fusion between Goku and Vegeta in the movie. I just do not see the point in Gogeta or Vegetto appearing because the moment either of them become Super Saiyan Blue, they'll be so powerful that either fusion will just time out in mere minutes. Don't get me wrong, I love both Gogeta and Vegetto, but if they're not going to finish the deal, I just don't see the point in entertaining the idea. Not to mention, with the existence of Ultra Instinct and SSGSSE, both transformations that are exponentially stronger than SSB, why would Goku and Vegeta even think of fusing? Them doing so and then defusing in an untimely fashion is just an overused gimmick at this point. They usually only fuse when they've exhausted all of their power individually and the opponent still isn't able to be taken down in that fashion. So unless Broly can stomp on both UI and SSGSSE, I don't see any fusion happening.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:42 am

Tai Lung wrote: and removing negative energy from the admosphere did not matter afterwards because omega returned to generate it
Wrong. This was completely different thing. Omega simply started to generate negative energy and destroying planet, but the energy that was covering Earth and separating it from the rest of universe was gone. Otherwise Vegeta wouldn't command everyone to leave Earth because they wouldn't be able to do that.
That rainbow-like colorful sky was the energy we talk about and Gogeta completely erased it. Also, it was made by Black Smoke Shenron, not Omega.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:54 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Tai Lung wrote: and removing negative energy from the admosphere did not matter afterwards because omega returned to generate it
Wrong. This was completely different thing. Omega simply started to generate negative energy and destroying planet, but the energy that was covering Earth and separating it from the rest of universe was gone. Otherwise Vegeta wouldn't command everyone to leave Earth because they wouldn't be able to do that.
That rainbow-like colorful sky was the energy we talk about and Gogeta completely erased it. Also, it was made by Black Smoke Shenron, not Omega.
but if omega was laughing at him saying that his death was worthless because it would generate the negative energy again
for that matter it is the same because that negative energy was going to destroy the earth and later the galaxy. That rainbow-like colorful sky was a side effect was not to enclose them and at no time is that understood or that they can not escape using a ship before .. if vegeta says it later it is because they no longer have any chance to face it and the land would be destroyed.
all the dragons generate negative energy above all omega that had the other dragons absorbed and if you realize the spirit bomb destroy all that negative energy later

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:04 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
but if omega was laughing at him saying that his death was worthless because it would generate the negative energy again
for that matter it is the same because that negative energy was going to destroy the earth and later the galaxy. That rainbow-like colorful sky was a side effect was not to enclose them and at no time is that understood or that they can not escape using a ship before .. if vegeta says it later it is because they no longer have any chance to face it and the land would be destroyed.
all the dragons generate negative energy above all omega that had the other dragons absorbed and if you realize the spirit bomb destroy all that negative energy later
A fact they could escape with energy emitted by Omega actually destroying Earth proves to me that it isn't the same kind of energy.
Before that, Earth was said to be out of universe and even gods couldn't reach it.
But Vegeta made it clear that they can escape Earth with Bulma's ship after Omega emitte his energy and covered entire sky with it.
You can even see that Earth looked completely different in both cases:

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:28 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:
A fact they could escape with energy emitted by Omega actually destroying Earth proves to me that it isn't the same kind of energy.
Before that, Earth was said to be out of universe and even gods couldn't reach it.
But Vegeta made it clear that they can escape Earth with Bulma's ship after Omega emitte his energy and covered entire sky with it.
You can even see that Earth looked completely different in both cases:

you have a point there although that is an excuse for not using the teleportation but things like sunlight and telepathy were possible

besides that the energy blast did manage to come out so in effect is possible

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:26 am

the potarra retcon basically made dance fusion not needed anymore.