(SPOILERS INSIDE) Will Kaioken Blue and/or Blue Evolution appear in the film?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

superfan2024
Regular

Re: (SPOILERS INSIDE) Will Kaioken Blue and/or Blue Evolution appear in the film?

Post by superfan2024 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:21 pm

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Re: (SPOILERS INSIDE) Will Kaioken Blue and/or Blue Evolution appear in the film?

Post by Marlowe89 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:37 pm

I was the first replying poster in this thread to call it, but in hindsight, it's not all that surprising. Toriyama generally always plays by his own rules, not Toei's.

Son-Kakaroto
Temporarily Banned

Post by Son-Kakaroto » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:20 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:I was the first replying poster in this thread to call it, but in hindsight, it's not all that surprising. Toriyama generally always plays by his own rules, not Toei's.
Exactly, it was quite appearnt this movie is going to take place in its own continuity that's sperate from manga or anime (tv show). I suspected this months ago. Smart prognostication.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:50 am

superfan2024 wrote:
They likely will in the anime retelling :D

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:53 am

Saturnine wrote:
superfan2024 wrote:
Maybe.

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:14 am

I’d bet good money they’ll appear in the anime retelling. At the very least, Kaioken Blue. Either way, I’m glad neither form appeared. I’ve never been a fan of them. Super Saiyan Blue is enough.

Son-Kakaroto
Temporarily Banned

Post by Son-Kakaroto » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:59 pm

OhHiRenan wrote:I’d bet good money they’ll appear in the anime retelling. At the very least, Kaioken Blue. Either way, I’m glad neither form appeared. I’ve never been a fan of them. Super Saiyan Blue is enough.
What do you think of mssj blue? I like that over blue.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:11 am

Saturnine wrote:
superfan2024 wrote:
Let's hope so! I didn't want it before, but I REALLY want a retelling this time.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:57 am

I'm very skeptical about a retelling after what happened to BoG and RoF.

If they cant do good animation, then they shouldnt bother.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:55 am

buutenks wrote:I'm very skeptical about a retelling after what happened to BoG and RoF.

They've probably learned their lesson by now.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:45 am

Also, Boruto had quite the good example of movie retelling

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:31 pm

buutenks wrote:I'm very skeptical about a retelling after what happened to BoG and RoF.

If they can animate it well they should do it. They need to keep continuity since the movie apparently doesnt follow the anime continuity

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:25 pm

So maybe someone can help me understand: Broly is supposed to be the most powerful opponent Goku and co. have face. Stronger than Jiren supposedly.

Now, Jiren pushed Goku and Vegeta to break their limits with the SSBKKx20 and SSBE, and ultimately UI

Broly pushes them to fuse as Super Saiyan Blues

I get that they got stronger after the ToP and they could always keep training, but I'm trying to wrap my head around them not using either of those forms against an opponent stronger than Jiren. Just how strong is the fusion in this case?

I'm by no means a power scaler, so I'd love an explanation from someone that can figure that out.

Burakku

Post by Burakku » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:09 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:So maybe someone can help me understand: Broly is supposed to be the most powerful opponent Goku and co. have face. Stronger than Jiren supposedly.

Now, Jiren pushed Goku and Vegeta to break their limits with the SSBKKx20 and SSBE, and ultimately UI

I get that they got stronger after the ToP and they could always keep training, but I'm trying to wrap my head around them not using either of those forms against an opponent stronger than Jiren. Just how strong is the fusion in this case?

I'm by no means a power scaler, so I'd love an explanation from someone that can figure that out.
Bacause SSBKK and SSBE we're anime exclusive forms made by TOEI. Same goes for F. Trunks SS Ikari.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:48 pm

In Toriyama's eyes red and blue are OP. They were strong enough to handle merged Zamas while taking turns.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:55 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote: I get that they got stronger after the ToP and they could always keep training, but I'm trying to wrap my head around them not using either of those forms against an opponent stronger than Jiren. Just how strong is the fusion in this case?
It's just a matter of TOEI wanting to keep the movie as simple as possible for the audience

You might note the lack of the manga-only Complete Blue and Vegeta's Enraged Blue, as well as the Ultra Instinct that, in the manga, is just a technique\state of mind and there is no real reason for Goku not even attempting it(while in the anime is a form he only managed because pushed well beyond his limits and hasn't managed to reproduce)

Most likely, the manga and TV adaptation of the events will use the manga and TV-exclusive forms.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:34 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:So maybe someone can help me understand: Broly is supposed to be the most powerful opponent Goku and co. have face. Stronger than Jiren supposedly.

Not much to figure out here, really. Fusion is a much bigger multiplier than 20x, be it Potara or the dance. It is not that much out of the realm of possibility that Goku and Vegeta would skip their final, most straining states if they realized they would do them no good in the end, and went straight for fusion after Blue. In the original manga, base Gotenks was already stronger than SSj2 Majin Vegeta, with the individual boys being much weaker than him too, meaning the fusion made them 100-200x stronger easily. The multipliers have never been consistent, but the increase was always a huge deal.