(SPOILERS INSIDE) Will Kaioken Blue and/or Blue Evolution appear in the film?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Will Kaioken Blue and/or Blue Evolution appear in the film?

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:44 pm

I don't get the manga vs anime cock fighting here: if the forms don't appear in the film, they will in the very likely chance of a TV adaptation down the line.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Pokesamus217

Post by Pokesamus217 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:00 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I don't get the manga vs anime cock fighting here: if the forms don't appear in the film, they will in the very likely chance of a TV adaptation down the line.
You act like a tv adaptation is a good thing.....

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:58 pm

Pokesamus217 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I don't get the manga vs anime cock fighting here: if the forms don't appear in the film, they will in the very likely chance of a TV adaptation down the line.
Why isn't it? The retellings in Super sucked planet-sized amounts of dicks because the show itself had about 2 months of pre-production, they weren't bad just because they were retellings, they were bad because of poor business decisions that ultimately affected Super for its entire length. Now, assuming Toei as a company isn't the stupidest cabal of collective cretins to ever walk the planet Earth, they won't let Super round 2 have the same problems. Hell, the Boruta anime did a retelling of the movie recently and it was fine.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:08 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:SSB KK will definitely make an appearance in the movie because Toei is rewriting and modifying certain things for the big screen. The double aura animation adds more eye candy and it is what fans are already used to from watching the anime.
That would be the logical thing to do as fans will go into this expecting Goku and Vegeta to use their full power from the tournament so it's going to be very odd if they're getting thrown around like dolls but without any explanation decide not to use Kaioken/Evolved Blue.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:15 pm

sintzu wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:SSB KK will definitely make an appearance in the movie because Toei is rewriting and modifying certain things for the big screen. The double aura animation adds more eye candy and it is what fans are already used to from watching the anime.
That would be the logical thing to do as fans will go into this expecting Goku and Vegeta to use their full power from the tournament so it's going to be very odd if they're getting thrown around like dolls but without any explanation decide not to use Kaioken/Evolved Blue.
Never been a fan of SSBE. If they throw that away, it might be for the best. The word, "Evolution" already has a negative stigma associated with. I have no idea why resurfaced another name that has it. The sparky stars around a blue aura is not creative. Vegeta is free to evolve differently from Goku, but this isn't the right name for it.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Jesus-is Lord
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jesus-is Lord » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:37 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Never been a fan of SSBE. If they throw that away, it might be for the best. The word, "Evolution" already has a negative stigma associated with. I have no idea why resurfaced another name that has it. The sparky stars around a blue aura is not creative. Vegeta is free to evolve differently from Goku, but this isn't the right name for it.
'Evolution" has a Negative stigma? Hm....how so? To me, I cringe when people say that word - especially when people say "evolve", but why do you think that word has a negative stigma?

And it is very likely kaioken and evolution will be in the movie since toei is said to adapt everything but the "fights" which I interpret it as saying they are going to insert their custom forms into the movie.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:41 pm

Jesus-is Lord wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
'Evolution" has a Negative stigma? Hm....how so? To me, I cringe when people say that word - especially when people say "evolve", but why do you think that word has a negative stigma?

And it is very likely kaioken and evolution will be in the movie since toei is said to adapt everything but the "fights" which I interpret it as saying they are going to insert their custom forms into the movie.
Because of Dragon Ball "Evolution". Due to that reason, a lot of people are reminded of that movie and hate anything associated with it.

Jesus-is Lord
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jesus-is Lord » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:44 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Jesus-is Lord wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:

Because of Dragon Ball "Evolution". Due to that reason, a lot of people are reminded of that movie and hate anything associated with it.
Oh...yeah that too. I just thougt you were maybe talking about..... Nvm.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:15 pm

According to Nagamine's latest interview, for the most part, he will be adapting Toriyama's script as-is. That is, except the "action" scenes. Given that SSB KK and SSBE are obviously part of the action scenes, this could be part of it.
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1025911175198863360

We also learn that when Nagamine is asked whether it is difficult to adapt Toriyama's script, he responds that Toriyama is known best for the manga and hence, it is difficult for anyone apart from Toriyama to adapt anything. This is more in line that Toriyama's script are consistent with the manga.
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1027824535842643968

The director of Episode 131, Megumi Ishitani also said that SSBE is an anime exclusive and is equivalent to Goku's SSB KK:
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1028025720751017984

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:19 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Pokesamus217 wrote:
Why isn't it? The retellings in Super sucked planet-sized amounts of dicks because the show itself had about 2 months of pre-production, they weren't bad just because they were retellings, they were bad because of poor business decisions that ultimately affected Super for its entire length. Now, assuming Toei as a company isn't the stupidest cabal of collective cretins to ever walk the planet Earth, they won't let Super round 2 have the same problems. Hell, the Boruta anime did a retelling of the movie recently and it was fine.
This. Super anime BoG and RoF arcs are superior to movies in terms of story. The only good thing that you can say about movies in comparison to TV anime, is the animation, no doubt here, but it's just as ekrolo2 said - they didn't have enough time to get everything right, so now we will always remember episode 5. If they will plan everything as it should be, we'll have to worry about nothing.

And about the forms, I don't really care if they will or not use Blue Kaioken and Evolution in the movie. They really don't have to just as they don't have to use SSJ2, SSJ3. Considering that we have Vegetto Blue and they can sell him as a toys, it will be a logical step to introduce Gogeta Blue. I also don't exclude UI for Goku/Vegeta as it's also a fresh thing to sell.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:59 pm

Blue Kaioken is apparently a thing in the manga now. Color me surprised.

I'm being sarcastic, of course; it was pushed so heavily in certain merch and games that I had a feeling it would show up in the comicalization as well. Judging from Goku/Vegeta's opponents, Complete Blue always felt more like an equivalent to the anime's regular Blue anyway.

No idea what this means for the movie, but I still don't expect to see Blue Evolution.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:13 pm

Mnich wrote: This. Super anime BoG and RoF arcs are superior to movies in terms of story.
I disagree, I would say they are about the same. The BoG arc didn't even explain why Pilaf was a kid, spent way too long on the pilaf episode and the rock paper scissors, and didn't really add anything. As for the RoF arc if you include the Vegeta and Goku training scenes, I would say that could be considered better, but the actual parts that were in the movie story wise weren't really better. Bringing back Ginyu was a good idea, but it was executed kind of poorly.
But I do agree that the animation is really what brought the retelling arcs down, especially the RoF arc.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:33 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:Blue Kaioken is apparently a thing in the manga now. Color me surprised.
Wait, so that moment when Goku activates his aura is actually the Kaioken?

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:38 pm

SSJgogeto wrote:
Marlowe89 wrote:Blue Kaioken is apparently a thing in the manga now. Color me surprised.
Yes. Krillin or tien state it as soon as he activates it.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:57 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
SSJgogeto wrote:
is the multiplier stated?

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:02 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
SSJgogeto wrote:
is the multiplier stated?
Dont know. Its known that kaioken was used, but no one has translated the entire conversation.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:38 am

Pokesamus217 wrote:
Why isn't it? It gives times for more story lines to be developed. It can also more than what the movie shows us. Toei has to cut down Toriyama's script for the movie so they could put that in the adaptation

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:38 am

dragon boss z wrote:
Mnich wrote: This. Super anime BoG and RoF arcs are superior to movies in terms of story.
I disagree, I would say they are about the same.
Well, RoF arc fixed a few things from movie that were just stupid, for example - Frieza killing Tagoma very early, the character that was kinda important that they even put him on the movie poster. They developed Tagoma in tv series. Frieza stating that if he will train for 4 months "he should be able to reach a battle power of 1,300,000" (wut!), while in RoF arc he said: "be able to easily surpass those insects". Trunks and Goten's absence in the movie was another thing that fans didn't like as they should be able to easily sense Frieza's power, another fixed case in tv series. The last the most annoying thing that pissed off the fanbase - Sorbet's laser ring which was able to hurt SSJ Blue Goku. They fixed that in tv arc when Goku was in his base form.

I don't remember much from Battle of Gods movie as I watched that a few years ago, but I recall stupid things like drunk Gohan that shot Videl by accident (?). They developed Beerus' character in tv arc, by showing as he destroyed various planets just because he didn't like the food or for other trivial reasons. The SSJ God ritual was also better done in the arc.

So yeah, I think that BoG and RoF arcs are better in terms of story, while movies also had some good points and of course better animation, but that should not be surprising.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:25 am

Marlowe89 wrote:No idea what this means for the movie, but I still don't expect to see Blue Evolution.
If Vegeta gets his evolved Blue form in the manga as well then chance are he'll use it in the moviel, same as Goku with Kaioken. Goku also got UI Omen in the manga which may mean the team of writers behind DB are trying to unify things more. I do hope Vegeta taps into Omen as fighting someone like Broly will be the perfect chance to do so.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:40 am

Mnich wrote: Well, RoF arc fixed a few things from movie that were just stupid, for example - Frieza killing Tagoma very early, the character that was kinda important that they even put him on the movie poster. They developed Tagoma in tv series. Frieza stating that if he will train for 4 months "he should be able to reach a battle power of 1,300,000" (wut!), while in RoF arc he said: "be able to easily surpass those insects". Trunks and Goten's absence in the movie was another thing that fans didn't like as they should be able to easily sense Frieza's power, another fixed case in tv series. The last the most annoying thing that pissed off the fanbase - Sorbet's laser ring which was able to hurt SSJ Blue Goku. They fixed that in tv arc when Goku was in his base form.
I agree I liked that they kept Togama alive, but then I turned out not liking it because they made him stomp Piccolo which makes no sense. It would have been so much better if he was fighting all the humans at once while Piccolo and Gohan together tried to fight first form Frieza or something.
I also like how they brought the kids in but then they did the stupid thing with Gotenks defusing right away and then them basically doing nothing.
I did like how Goku went back to base before being shot though. The only thing bad about the Super version is they took away the blood and it was animated kind of funny.
I don't remember much from Battle of Gods movie as I watched that a few years ago, but I recall stupid things like drunk Gohan that shot Videl by accident (?). They developed Beerus' character in tv arc, by showing as he destroyed various planets just because he didn't like the food or for other trivial reasons. The SSJ God ritual was also better done in the arc.
It was Mai who shot the gun while Gohan was drunk as great saiyaman pretending to be a hero but he thought it was a fake gun since they were kids.