(SPOILERS INSIDE) Will Kaioken Blue and/or Blue Evolution appear in the film?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Will Kaioken Blue and/or Blue Evolution appear in the film?

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:43 am

Marlowe89 wrote:Blue Kaioken is apparently a thing in the manga now. Color me surprised.

I'm being sarcastic, of course; it was pushed so heavily in certain merch and games that I had a feeling it would show up in the comicalization as well. Judging from Goku/Vegeta's opponents, Complete Blue always felt more like an equivalent to the anime's regular Blue anyway.

No idea what this means for the movie, but I still don't expect to see Blue Evolution.
.... What?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:05 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Wait, so that moment when Goku activates his aura is actually the Kaioken?
Actually, scratch that. This isn't Kaioken.

People who can translate the Chinese raws have clarified that Goku was letting out all of his power to the point of stressing his body, and then Tien/Krillin compared it to Kaioken. It's still like a manga equivalent to Blue Kaioken, but it's not exclusive to Goku.

And hey, we've just come full-circle to what I was talking about earlier: I said something premature because I didn't wait for the official release. :wink:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:09 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
SSJgogeto wrote: Wait, so that moment when Goku activates his aura is actually the Kaioken?

People who can translate the Chinese raws have clarified that Goku was letting out all of his power to the point of stressing his body, and then Tien/Krillin compared it to Kaioken. It's still like a manga equivalent to Blue Kaioken, but it's not exclusive to Goku.

And hey, we've just come full-circle to what I was talking about earlier: I said something premature because I didn't wait for the official release. :wink:
So it's like the time Merged Zamasu powered up before charging CBlue Goku in the manga?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:16 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: So it's like the time Merged Zamasu powered up before charging CBlue Goku in the manga?
Or that time a power-stressed Vegeta blasted away all those Fused Zamasu copies. It does put quite a few things into perspective.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:

It sounds like a take on that scene where Vegeta reaches SSBE. Beerus says Goku is letting out all the power he has there too which culminates in the Kaiokenx20.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Since Toriyama is writing the script alone, not some plot outline, for others to expand on. I think we should take into account how he sees his DB Super story.

He feels SSJ2 and SSJ3 are not needed, nothing but powered up versions of SSJ1. Has stated mastering the base and Super Saiyan state is better cause it saps less strength [Cell saga call back].
In BOG, SSJG was absorbed by Goku and became his own power with the "red blaze still burning brightly in him." So red became his own transformation.
Toriyama himself originally wrote two Super Saiyan Blues were "more than enough" to take fused Zamas on. He has a high view of the simple transformations.
We know Ultra Instinct is Toriyama design. Most likely will show up in the movie.

What's the point? Well gold, red and blue is all we see in the character sheets and the trailer so far.
We haven't seen Ultra Instinct but some speculate we got a glimpse of it in the end of the trailer.
I believe since this is Toriyama's sole script we will only see these forms in the movie.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:10 pm

Miracles wrote:What's the point? Well gold, red and blue is all we see in the character sheets and the trailer so far.
We haven't seen Ultra Instinct but some speculate we got a glimpse of it in the end of the trailer.
I believe since this is Toriyama's sole script we will only see these forms in the movie.
The director said they're following his script as close as possible apart form the fights which is where they'd show up.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:27 pm

sintzu wrote:
Miracles wrote:What's the point? Well gold, red and blue is all we see in the character sheets and the trailer so far.
The director said they're following his script as close as possible apart form the fights which is where they'd show up.
That comment was pertaining to fight scenes only. Toriyama in the past [BOG/ROF] has even left that up to the animators to do.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Miracles wrote:That comment was pertaining to fight scenes only. Toriyama in the past [BOG/ROF] has even left that up to the animators to do.
I know and that's where I think those forms will show up in. If Toriyama's script says something like "Vegeta charges his power to its limits for one last attack against Broly", in that case they'd be able to implement his evolved Blue form there.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:45 pm

sintzu wrote:
Miracles wrote:That comment was pertaining to fight scenes only. Toriyama in the past [BOG/ROF] has even left that up to the animators to do.
I know and that's where I think those forms will show up in. If Toriyama's script says something like "Vegeta charges his power to its limits for one last attack against Broly", in that case they'd be able to implement his evolved Blue form there.
That would be something said in a plot outline, not a Toriyama story script which is being transferred "as is."
I am not saying it's not possible we see "Beyond Blue" Vegeta. Just the example you used to demonstrate so doesn't seem it will come that way.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Miracles wrote:Since Toriyama is writing the script alone, not some plot outline, for others to expand on. I think we should take into account how he sees his DB Super story.

He feels SSJ2 and SSJ3 are not needed, nothing but powered up versions of SSJ1. Has stated mastering the base and Super Saiyan state is better cause it saps less strength [Cell saga call back].
In BOG, SSJG was absorbed by Goku and became his own power with the "red blaze still burning brightly in him." So red became his own transformation.
Toriyama himself originally wrote two Super Saiyan Blues were "more than enough" to take fused Zamas on. He has a high view of the simple transformations.
We know Ultra Instinct is Toriyama design. Most likely will show up in the movie.

What's the point? Well gold, red and blue is all we see in the character sheets and the trailer so far.
That's wishful thinking rather than speculation. Goku's hair is in SS and blue no sign of UI at all. All that there is, is him shirtless. I'm pretty confident UI Goku isn't gonna appear in the film.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:14 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Miracles wrote:Since Toriyama is writing the script alone, not some plot outline, for others to expand on. I think we should take into account how he sees his DB Super story.

That's wishful thinking rather than speculation. Goku's hair is in SS and blue no sign of UI at all. All that there is, is him shirtless. I'm pretty confident UI Goku isn't gonna appear in the film.
You're kidding right? Wondering if UI making an appearance in the film is wishful thinking? Something Toriyama himself designed ins't gonna be in? Who is really wishing upon a star here?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:34 am

Miracles wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

You're kidding right? Wondering if UI making an appearance in the film is wishful thinking? Something Toriyama himself designed ins't gonna be in? Who is really wishing upon a star here?
I am talking about the trailer saying it teased UI is wishful thinking (or rather wishful seeing) the trailer absolutely did not, fans are wanting to see something that isn't there. And Toriyama designed that for the U.S arc, this is not that. Toriyama also designed SS2 and SS3 and guess what those forms aren't in this film so I don't see your point at all. UI isn't a spoiler, it is a form that exists and they've dropped Full Power Broly everywhere if UI was in the film they would have used it in the marketing as well but as it stands they haven't, merchandising in December also heavily indicates no UI.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:40 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: That's wishful thinking rather than speculation. Goku's hair is in SS and blue no sign of UI at all. All that there is, is him shirtless. I'm pretty confident UI Goku isn't gonna appear in the film.
I am talking about the trailer saying it teased UI is wishful thinking (or rather wishful seeing) the trailer absolutely did not, fans are wanting to see something that isn't there. And Toriyama designed that for the U.S arc, this is not that. Toriyama also designed SS2 and SS3 and guess what those forms aren't in this film so I don't see your point at all. UI isn't a spoiler, it is a form that exists and they've dropped Full Power Broly everywhere if UI was in the film they would have used it in the marketing as well but as it stands they haven't, merchandising in December also heavily indicates no UI.
To further emphasize the point: merchandise of Blue was already out well ahead of the ROF movie and they didn't waste any time revealing it and Golden Freeza with actual footage from the movie months in advance too. These were also new forms at the time whereas UI is a known thing.

I mean, they showed off every form Broly will take in the movie and they didn't bother hiding SSGod Vegeta as a surprise either.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:52 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Miracles wrote: You're kidding right? Wondering if UI making an appearance in the film is wishful thinking? Something Toriyama himself designed ins't gonna be in? Who is really wishing upon a star here?
To further emphasize the point: merchandise of Blue was already out well ahead of the ROF movie and they didn't waste any time revealing it and Golden Freeza with actual footage from the movie months in advance too. These were also new forms at the time whereas UI is a known thing.

I mean, they showed off every form Broly will take in the movie and they didn't bother hiding SSGod Vegeta as a surprise either.
Right, Full Power Broly wasn't shown properly in the trailer yet they had no problems showing the design sheets, stickers, figures, life size statue, posters etc of the form. They gain absolutely nothing by hiding UI Goku if it is the film, the form keeps increasing in popularity every passing month (for example in April Sega only ordered ~152 cases for the April UI figure... and for July's figure they ordered just under 190 cases!) makes no sense for them not to have UI Goku front and centre of marketing for the new movie unless, it is not in the movie. December's Ichiban Kuji more or less gives it away that UI isn't in the film they're giving us SS/SSGSS Goku figures along with Full Power Broly and 2 New Characters (they are being touted as "super secretive").

But sadly since the Ichiban Kuji begins early December means that the new characters will be revealed and spoiled beforehand and I am guessing November's Vjump. I just don't like Japan's spoiling culture they had to ruin UI before the episode in March too I was so excited to watch the episode and see UI be silver but they had to ruin it beforehand. Sigh.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:02 am

I am a little surprised we haven't seen anything of Super Saiyan 2 and 3 yet. Even Toyotaro couldn't resist "My Pokemon Super Saiyan forms, let me show you them." 2 and 3 have been left out in the cold recently as far as marketing goes, which still doesn't necessarily mean they won't be in the movie.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:50 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: That's wishful thinking rather than speculation. Goku's hair is in SS and blue no sign of UI at all. All that there is, is him shirtless. I'm pretty confident UI Goku isn't gonna appear in the film.
Merchandising has nothing to do whether a mode will show up in a film or not. It's ridiculous to claim from a story point.
Toriyama designed SSJ2 and SSJ3 but he gave reasons why Goku really doesn't need to use them. However, he said no such thing for UI which he designed.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Miracles wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Miracles wrote: You're kidding right? Wondering if UI making an appearance in the film is wishful thinking? Something Toriyama himself designed ins't gonna be in? Who is really wishing upon a star here?
Merchandising has nothing to do whether a mode will show up in a film or not. It's ridiculous to claim from a story point.
Toriyama designed SSJ2 and SSJ3 but he gave reasons why Goku really doesn't need to use them. However, he said no such thing for UI which he designed.
People constantly say that but it's been the contrary since 2014. November 2014 merchandise gave away Goku/Vegeta/Freeza were gonna get new forms... And and behold they did. Merchandise gave away Freeza was gonna retain his Golden form in the U.S arc... It also gave away mastered UI was gonna be different since "Omen" and knew this since December yet people argued it wasn't gonna be different.

Tell me again merchandise hasn't nothing to do with anything. It absolutely does. UI Goku right now is looking very unlikely to be in the film and first week of Sept will more or less confirm whether it will or not.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:27 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: I am talking about the trailer saying it teased UI is wishful thinking (or rather wishful seeing) the trailer absolutely did not, fans are wanting to see something that isn't there. And Toriyama designed that for the U.S arc, this is not that. Toriyama also designed SS2 and SS3 and guess what those forms aren't in this film so I don't see your point at all. UI isn't a spoiler, it is a form that exists and they've dropped Full Power Broly everywhere if UI was in the film they would have used it in the marketing as well but as it stands they haven't, merchandising in December also heavily indicates no UI.
People constantly say that but it's been the contrary since 2014. November 2014 merchandise gave away Goku/Vegeta/Freeza were gonna get new forms... And and behold they did. Merchandise gave away Freeza was gonna retain his Golden form in the U.S arc... It also gave away mastered UI was gonna be different since "Omen" and knew this since December yet people argued it wasn't gonna be different.

Tell me again merchandise hasn't nothing to do with anything. It absolutely does. UI Goku right now is looking very unlikely to be in the film and first week of Sept will more or less confirm whether it will or not.
Yes, it plays a part in showcasing images. However, merchandising has nothing to do with determining whether a mode is in a story or not.
Especially since UI is a anime and manga thing. It's ridiculous to say it won't be in from a narrative standpoint based on not being advertised.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:31 am

Yeah i believe UI wont be appearing in the movie either. The chances of it actually being Gogeta or a fusion seems more likely to me. Unless broly is to freaking powerfull and UI isnt enougth and we get some extra ordinary shit like UI Gogeta...