(SPOILERS INSIDE) Will Kaioken Blue and/or Blue Evolution appear in the film?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Will Kaioken Blue and/or Blue Evolution appear in the film?

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:04 pm

wolflonnie wrote:I thought it was from Toriyama.
He gave both forms the OK so they should at least address why they aren't using them if they're not.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:42 pm

I really hope we don’t see either form. SSBKK isn’t too bad, but SSE is perhaps the ugliest and least built up form in the entire franchise.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:51 pm

OhHiRenan wrote:I really hope we don’t see either form. SSBKK isn’t too bad, but SSE is perhaps the ugliest and least built up form in the entire franchise.
I'm the opposite. I don't mind SSBKK but I would be really disappointed if SSBE doesn't make in into the movie. To me it is the best looking form outside of maybe SSJ4 and UI Omen imo.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:35 pm

I'm also certain both forms will appear. They're Toei creations, and the Dragon Ball Super movie is a Toei product. They'll most likely use the forms in the grand climax of the movie to defeat Broly.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:05 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I'm also certain both forms will appear. They're Toei creations, and the Dragon Ball Super movie is a Toei product. They'll most likely use the forms in the grand climax of the movie to defeat Broly.
I hope you're right.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:08 am

I would really like to see Vegeta's new form. It's super badass, and it looks great too. Would be a huge waste not to include it. But we'll see of course.

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:11 am

OhHiRenan wrote:I really hope we don’t see either form. SSBKK isn’t too bad, but SSE is perhaps the ugliest and least built up form in the entire franchise.
I really love SSBE so I hope it's in the movie :lol:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:55 am

wolflonnie wrote:
I really love SSBE so I hope it's in the movie :lol:
+1

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:41 pm

Well looking at the trailer, Goku's SSB is a very dark blue, so either he has SSBE as well or I doubt they are using it because it will be really hard to tell the difference between SSBE and that darker SSB color.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:50 pm

dragon boss z wrote:Well looking at the trailer, Goku's SSB is a very dark blue, so either he has SSBE as well or I doubt they are using it because it will be really hard to tell the difference between SSBE and that darker SSB color.
Goku still has his beady eyes with no pupils so I don't think it's SSBE. The color is very similar though, just without the hard whites. SSB also had a white core in the aura previously but here it's dark blue with a light blue core with purple accents/highlights and starry sparkles.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:42 pm

dragon boss z wrote:Well looking at the trailer, Goku's SSB is a very dark blue, so either he has SSBE as well or I doubt they are using it because it will be really hard to tell the difference between SSBE and that darker SSB color.
Well the most defining characteristic of SSBE is the black pupils and he didn't have those. It also has the white shine to it and Goku didn't have that.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:57 am

PFM18 wrote:
Well the most defining characteristic of SSBE is the black pupils and he didn't have those. It also has the white shine to it and Goku didn't have that.
I agree it's most likely SSB, but it does kind of look like a mix.

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:27 am

God I hope Goku doesn't get SSBE in any form or capacity.

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:30 am

There is no SSBE in Vegeta's design sheet for the movie, but i'm still not ruling out the possibility. They didn't show UI in Goku's design sheets either and there's no way Manga Vegeta is beating God Toppo without a power-up, so Toyo will give him this or something else

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:35 am

Issei189 wrote:There is no SSBE in Vegeta's design sheet for the movie, but i'm still not ruling out the possibility. They didn't show UI in Goku's design sheets either and there's no way Manga Vegeta is beating God Toppo without a power-up, so Toyo will give him this or something else
Toppo doesn't seem that strong in the manga, and Toppo may not have a transformation so Vegeta won't need one. If Toppo does power up, then ya Vegeta would need to as well.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:50 am

PFM18 wrote:
He also didn't have the crystal type Blue hair that vegeta had so chances are it's not making it in, especially with it not being on any of the design sheets. It and Kaioken could be on another sheet but I highly doubt they're going to focus on other forms as they already have Ssj1,SsjG and SsjB to deal with.
wolflonnie wrote:God I hope Goku doesn't get SSBE in any form or capacity.
That form was mainly introduced to equal Vegeta's power with Goku's 20× Blue Kaioken so chances are Goku won't get it as he already has something to power himself up to that level.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:05 am

I would say no. Especially for Super Saiyan Blue Evolution, that's immediately forgettable and pointless anyway.

Hopefully we get Ultra Instinct, I'd be disappointed if we didn't.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:10 am

As of this point, there's pretty much no Kaioken Blue and Blue Evolution appearing in the film just as I had predicted and hoped for!

Thread could be locked now.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:51 pm

superfan2024 wrote:As of this point, there's pretty much no Kaioken Blue and Blue Evolution appearing in the film just as I had predicted and hoped for!

Kaioken isn't a new form, it's just a different aura. Nothing to completely disregard it isn't appearing.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:52 pm

superfan2024 wrote:As of this point, there's pretty much no Kaioken Blue and Blue Evolution appearing in the film just as I had predicted and hoped for!

But we haven't seen the film. They can still hopefully show up.