Now that DBS is over what do you think of "two base theory"?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Re: Now that DBS is over what do you think of "two base theory"?

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:55 pm

What could be the case is that Gokus unusual 'base form' in SBG indeed doesn't have God-Ki, he is able to tune into SSG during the fight with Freeza, but he doesn't because he isn't experienced enough with real God-Ki (he knows it draws staimina like hell and he only is able to tap into it from his training with Whis), he wants to take the risk only with SSG + SSJ1 to shift to Blue. Because he feels SSG alone won't do the trick (he feels Freezas potential) and the gains between SBG and SSG are too marginal to consume that much stamina: in Blue however he has the benefits of God-Ki and the SSJ1-multiplier stacked on top of SSG. In a later fase he learns to control SSG and God-Ki better(more efficient than SSB) and use it more efficient so SBG becomes absolote. That's why SSG returns.

So what i think is by the time of the start of the fight with Freeza dyring ROF:

1. ss1 < ss2 < ssj3 < sbg (<= ssg) < ssjb

I don't believe in =

2. base (> BOG ssg/50) < ssj1 < ssj2 < ssj3 < ssg < ssjb

-> The power scaling shifts too much forward and future opponents become much too strong in comparison, knowing their background story and character. The first option keeps everything more within reason.
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:59 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:2. base (> BOG ssg/50) < ssj1 < ssj2 < ssj3 < ssg < ssjb
You know I gotta say I appreciate actually taking the time to understand my viewpoint before you form your conclusion. Obviously this power chain is what I was proposing. Other people just kind of argue "against" something isn't even my argument and that is entirely unrelated and ignore my argument rather than bothering to understand what I am saying. A "strawman" per say.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:10 pm

PFM18 wrote:
You know I gotta say I appreciate actually taking the time to understand my viewpoint before you form your conclusion. Obviously this power chain is what I was proposing. Other people just kind of argue "against" something isn't even my argument and that is entirely unrelated and ignore my argument rather than bothering to understand what I am saying. A "strawman" per say.
I don't think your theory is completely irrational or ilogical as such and i am prepared to listen to it. I just have problems to accept how powerfull certain characters in that case become after ROF (which is a consequence).

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:13 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
I don't think your theory is completely irrational or ilogical as such and i am prepared to listen to it. I just have problems to accept how powerfull certain characters in that case become after ROF (which is a consequence).
Well It is a natural consequence yes. lol this consequence gets way more intense if you think Base Goku>SSG Goku BoG like a lot of people do. But I don't see a problem with the characters following that being extremely powerful. It is just the nature of the series. The characters get stronger as the story progresses.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:21 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Well It is a natural consequence yes. lol this consequence gets way more intense if you think Base Goku>SSG Goku BoG like a lot of people do. But I don't see a problem with the characters following that being extremely powerful. It is just the nature of the series. The characters get stronger as the story progresses.
Once Broly goes full power, this probably all be just dust in the wind ... :lol:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:43 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:
Once Broly goes full power, this probably all be just dust in the wind ... :lol:
Well if his Base is SSB level.... :D :D :D :lol: