How did the saiyans originally leave Planet Sadala to go to Planet Vegeta

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

How did the saiyans originally leave Planet Sadala to go to Planet Vegeta

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:37 pm

It was stated that due to an internal conflict, Planet Sadala was destroyed (either destroyed as in it blew up into space dust or destroyed as in uninhabitable). Putting two and two together, we can gather that the internal conflict was between Yamoshi w/ his good saiyans versus the evil saiyans. This is also backed up by the fact that Vegeta said that the original super saiyan went on a rampage destroyed their home planet. Of course this is the story he would know because since the evil saiyans won the battle, they were the ones that lived to tell the tale so it makes sense that Vegeta’s interpretation of the legend is a bit off yet still accurate to some degree.

But a small detail about Sadala’s destruction is that the remaining saiyans escaped Sadala and moved to another planet. But how? Judging from both Shallot and the first saiyans on Planet Vegeta back when it was Planet Plant, they seemed to not have any knowledge of advanced tech such as space travel. And the saiyan pods were given to them by the Freeza empire when they became part of their army.

So, i ask again, how did the saiyans escape Planet Sadala?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: How did the saiyans originally leave Planet Sadala to go to Planet Vegeta

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:07 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:It was stated that due to an internal conflict, Planet Sadala was destroyed (either destroyed as in it blew up into space dust or destroyed as in uninhabitable). Putting two and two together, we can gather that the internal conflict was between Yamoshi w/ his good saiyans versus the evil saiyans. This is also backed up by the fact that Vegeta said that the original super saiyan went on a rampage destroyed their home planet. Of course this is the story he would know because since the evil saiyans won the battle, they were the ones that lived to tell the tale so it makes sense that Vegeta’s interpretation of the legend is a bit off yet still accurate to some degree.

But a small detail about Sadala’s destruction is that the remaining saiyans escaped Sadala and moved to another planet. But how? Judging from both Shallot and the first saiyans on Planet Vegeta back when it was Planet Plant, they seemed to not have any knowledge of advanced tech such as space travel. And the saiyan pods were given to them by the Freeza empire when they became part of their army.

So, i ask again, how did the saiyans escape Planet Sadala?
We dont know if Shallot was around by the time saiyans had space travel or how long they even had space travel, given he's an ancient saiyan, we have no timeframe for how far back he comes from. Trying to fit him into anything even around more revent saiyan conflicts would mean he'd be in more updated saiyan armour like raditz had, so it's likely he wasnt there

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Re: How did the saiyans originally leave Planet Sadala to go to Planet Vegeta

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:48 pm

They hijacked a Galactic Patrol spaceship