So what if Broly joins Goku and Vegeta?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

So what if Broly joins Goku and Vegeta?

Post by excelhedge » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:34 pm

Think about it. What Broly joins the good guys? If this movie plays out with Paragus outright controlling Broly.
Who to say Broly doesn't join Goku and Vegeta when he's free?

Plus the movies that have connections to Super did have the villains of the movies join the Heroes at some point.

Personally I would love Broly to go through his own Redemption arc when the TV series starts back up.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: So what if Broly joins Goku and Vegeta?

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:39 pm

If I had to choose between a Freeza redemption or a Broly redemption, I’d definitely go with the latter, but the idea of Broly being redeemed seems like it would be too convenient of an excuse to keep him around.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:08 pm

If his new personality bounces off Gokû and Vegeta well, then I'd be fine with Brolli sticking around.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:06 pm

They'd be like the U6 trio but older and grumpier.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:29 am

If they actually manage to pull of a very nuanced character arc for Broly in the movie, then by all means, saddle him up with Goku and Vegeta. I think the three of them could pull of an interesting dynamic.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:38 am

If he has a good personality that works alongside everyone else and the story leads into him becoming good in a meaningful way then sure.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:11 am

Chuquita wrote:If his new personality bounces off Gokû and Vegeta well, then I'd be fine with Brolli sticking around.
I really want Paragus to stay too and be like an advisor/grandad who lives with the briefs and is ordered around by vegeta

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:18 am

Then I hope for Dragon Ball BT: Broly Time. And a Piccolo Broly fusion called Broccolo/Broccoly.

Broly could really be the kind of guy who says "you're not dealing with the average Saiyajin warrior. I am a Legendary Super Saiyajin!"
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:09 am

I personally don't like that idea. I hope it won't happen and there's 99,9% chance it won't so I'm fine.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:19 am

BrolyKale wrote:I personally don't like that idea. I hope it won't happen and there's 99,9% chance it won't so I'm fine.
Why so high chance? Do you really think they will kill him in this movie? I mean, it took three movies to get rid of Broly in the past and now he's back rebooted by no one else but Akira Toriyama. I'm pretty sure he won't be killed and will somehow join Zfighters, or just go his way.

It would be nice to ship him with Launch. Can you imagine their kid(s)? That would be great. Also stealing another woman like Vegeta did with Bulma. Tenshinhan would join Yamcha's club.
Last edited by Mnich on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:22 am

I don't think Broly will join them, he will probably die or stay neutral, kinda like Hit.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

LifeLight

Post by LifeLight » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:32 am

Why not? It'd be a chance to expand the cast leading into Super when it supposedly returns to TV with actual relevant and powerful characters. And if they build him up well in this movie then it's all the merrier. I can see a lot of things they could do with the character later on if he sticks around/stays neutral.

- The whole conflict with Frieza being ordered by Beerus to destroy Planet Vegeta and Broly finding out.
- Beerus realising that his prophetic dream that started Super was actually Broly, and wanting to challenge him.
- Broly meets Kale
- Being free from the control device and rediscovering oneself.
- If having him around the main cast is too much of a stretch then by all means have him leave and go off to another planet to live in solitude and/or train, then bring him in when the plot demands it.

Some of these topics might be tackled in the movie, some after, but these are just some I'd like to see.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:51 pm

I like the idea of him turning good or maybe sticking around as an anti-hero. It would certainly be an interesting departure from "KAKAROT!". Or maybe have him end up sacrificing himself in a Majin Vegeta way only permanent.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:42 pm

I don't want a full 360 in his first (main series) appearance. But rather, becomes a more neutral force. An unpredictable potential threat that, if say, Beerus' role in Planet Vegeta's destruction is revealed, Broly turns on Beerus himself. Getting Whis excited about finally getting a Saiyan who would want to be the next God of Destruction for their universe.

LimitbreakerKrillin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LimitbreakerKrillin » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:34 pm

Beerus and Whis could take Broly in as God of destruction candidate similiar to what Belmond had with Toppo. Seems like a perfect fit for that title. But I doubt they would do anything like that, and just flat out kill him in the movie.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:37 pm

Sure. The more the merrier....yawn
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:24 am

I have to see what Broly's character is like to see if I would like this. I do think it's intriguing to have 3 extremely powerful Saiyans together.

It's crazy that now we kinda expect DB villains to possibly team up with Goku
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

LimitbreakerKrillin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LimitbreakerKrillin » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:43 am

KingKaash wrote:I have to see what Broly's character is like to see if I would like this. I do think it's intriguing to have 3 extremely powerful Saiyans together.

I mean its not like its a recurring theme. Tien, Piccolo, Vegeta, and Majin buu

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:45 am

LimitbreakerKrillin wrote:
KingKaash wrote:I have to see what Broly's character is like to see if I would like this. I do think it's intriguing to have 3 extremely powerful Saiyans together.

I mean its not like its a recurring theme. Tien, Piccolo, Vegeta, and Majin buu
Well, Buu teamed up with the Mr. Satan, more than Goku.

The pink bubblegum monster knows true strength when he sees it.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:04 am

Mnich wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:I personally don't like that idea. I hope it won't happen and there's 99,9% chance it won't so I'm fine.
Why so high chance? Do you really think they will kill him in this movie? I mean, it took three movies to get rid of Broly in the past and now he's back rebooted by no one else but Akira Toriyama. I'm pretty sure he won't be killed and will somehow join Zfighters, or just go his way.

It would be nice to ship him with Launch. Can you imagine their kid(s)? That would be great. Also stealing another woman like Vegeta did with Bulma. Tenshinhan would join Yamcha's club.
The only way I could see that happening is if Paragus uses Broly to try overthrow and take Freeza's position as Emperor of the Universe. He strikes me as the kind of guy to manipulate his son to do his bidding.

Either that or someone finally takes revenge on Frieza for killing their race off. Even though Vegeta should’ve been the one to do it.

Other than that, I’m not sure they’d kill off Frieza.
How i predict the tournament will end: