Broly's fate

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LifeLight

Broly's fate

Post by LifeLight » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:32 am

I've been seeing some of back and forth on this topic recently. And was curious on other people's opinions.

Do you think Broly will ultimately have his time to shine and then be killed off at the end of this movie? Or do you think he has more to offer as a long term character in Super?

Yes or No to him dying, give your reasons as to why.

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Re: Broly's fate

Post by SonReggie » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:54 am

He won't die. He's too popular and there is no way they're going to pass on making a sequel involving him.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:07 am

Very strongly depends on whether or not he has any personality aside from a roaring madman. The trailer, while neat, didn't really show an improvement as far as character goes. He is more of force than a person. Part of me thinks this is deliberate, as to connect our impression of him with how we've seen him for the past 20 years, and then slowly reveal the changes in his character. At least that's what I'm hoping. If he really is the same berserker type throughout the entire movie and is never anything more than an antagonist, then I'm expecting him to die at the end of the movie.

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:24 pm

Expecting him to be more sympathetic and die a tragic death in the throes if his unbound power. Think Terra from Teen Titans if you are familiar.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:56 pm

I'm indifferent, but i would prefer him to not be killed this time, even if he don't end being part of the cast. And i hope they scrap the bullshit of "LEGENDARY super saiyan" and the "legend".

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:06 pm

He has to die. He's already more awesome than Goku and the others in just 2 movies, if he stays in the series he'll outshine everybody. Poor guy's gonna go straight to the next dimension.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:27 pm

If he's frozen when the movie starts then I can see them just refreezing him to avoid going through bringing him back later if they want to use him for something...Like a 3rd massive tournament. :twisted: If U6 has Kale then U7 will have Broly. :o
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Obviously he is going to stay alive. That's the whole point. Bring him in because that legendary green shine and hair does not come from his power but the legendary super money.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Charlie_1981

Post by Charlie_1981 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:32 pm

Broly has to be alive, he needs to meet Kale and build up a strong bond with her.

LifeLight

Post by LifeLight » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:05 pm

Logania wrote:He has to die. He's already more awesome than Goku and the others in just 2 movies, if he stays in the series he'll outshine everybody. Poor guy's gonna go straight to the next dimension.
I see what you mean XD Maybe if they kept him around in moderation... only have him come around when needed/the plot demands. It'd be cool to finally get a character that can hold his own in popularity in comparison to Goku and Vegeta. But yeah, I see valid points for both sides.

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:56 pm

I can see him as a wandering warrior type of guy who goes on to explore the universe/multiverse or maybe he becomes Beerus' successor? . I don't think he is the villain of the movie tho, he prob is just misguided.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:48 am

I'd prefer he not be killed off in some way. Not a member of the, well for a lack of a better term, Z Warriors, but still out there. Kind of a 3rd force out there. You have Freeza and his forces, the Z Warriors, and Broly.

Of course, Beerus and Whis, but I'm talking non-deity.

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:55 am

I’m all in for Broly being a one and done villain. I see no real benefit in keeping him around. Just make him a great villain with a satisfying conclusion.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:51 pm

I highly doubt Broly will be killed off. But I do miss seeing main villains actually being killed off for good. It just gives off a sense of dominance to me to put a villain down
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:55 pm

As many others are saying, have Broly stick around but become a character that wanders the universe trying to find himself or something and when some universal threat comes, they can bring Broly back as a surprise.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:12 pm

I want him to stay alive so he can arm-wrestle Jiren in the next arc.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:01 pm

I do feel Broly will survive this movie. One constant of the show is that Whis seems to be trying to get someone to replace Beerus as the God of Destruction of U7. And Beerus' prophetic dream has yet to be realized. Despite Goku and Vegeta attaining the SSG power, it's still unclear if either of them was the one who was meant to give him a true challenge. Thus far, we haven't seen Beerus going all out and he hasn't participated in any fighting since the fo-Monaka bit.

Goku using UI put him on edge, but that's it. For me, I feel Broly will be the one who will eventually kill and/or replace Beerus. Not out of any desire for the position. Merely because he is the best suited for it. Goku and Vegeta keep refusing Whis on this point. Whereas Broly may agree solely because he has no other designs or desires. Freeza might want the position so he could climb the Godly ladder and get close to robbing the Omniking of his position. But as I have said before elsewhere; Broly is a force of nature. He acts as he wills, based on his inborn instinct. He's not really good or evil, he's the personification of a Saiyan's Nature in the purest form.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:18 pm

Zelvin wrote:I do feel Broly will survive this movie. One constant of the show is that Whis seems to be trying to get someone to replace Beerus as the God of Destruction of U7. And Beerus' prophetic dream has yet to be realized. Despite Goku and Vegeta attaining the SSG power, it's still unclear if either of them was the one who was meant to give him a true challenge. Thus far, we haven't seen Beerus going all out and he hasn't participated in any fighting since the fo-Monaka bit.

Goku using UI put him on edge, but that's it. For me, I feel Broly will be the one who will eventually kill and/or replace Beerus. Not out of any desire for the position. Merely because he is the best suited for it. Goku and Vegeta keep refusing Whis on this point. Whereas Broly may agree solely because he has no other designs or desires. Freeza might want the position so he could climb the Godly ladder and get close to robbing the Omniking of his position. But as I have said before elsewhere; Broly is a force of nature. He acts as he wills, based on his inborn instinct. He's not really good or evil, he's the personification of a Saiyan's Nature in the purest form.
Well, U7 Saiyans that is.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:36 am

It's possible they could do what they did with Frieza and kill him off, and bring him back at a later point. Though honestly his introduction into the series offers to many potential battles for them to simply have him be a one off.