Goku's probably gonna regain Ultra Instinct in the movie

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

superfan2024
Regular

Goku's probably gonna regain Ultra Instinct in the movie

Post by superfan2024 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:15 am

I mean, it's pretty inevitable at this point. Broly will be too strong, Goku will be pushed back to a corner again, and he will have to break through his limits once more and go UI.

There has been no reveal yet for UI because that's just gonna be spoiling one of the best/most exciting parts of the film considering they've showed us a lot already.

Just think about it.

sintzu
Banned

Re: Goku's probably gonna regain UI in the movie

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:12 am

I used to say there was a 70/30 split of it being UI Goku or Gogeta but with a new list of merchandise releasing with 2 new unannounced characters, I think the chances of Gogeta just went up to 40 as if Goku was one of them the listing would say it's an unannounced Goku figure, not a completely new character which Gogeta would be.

There's of course also the 3 movies screening in the U.S, Bardock's, Broly's first movie and fusion reborn. Bardock's ties with the past section of the movie which he'll most likely show up in. Broly's movie ties up with him being the villain of this movie. That leaves Fusion Reborn which must tie in some way like the other 2 and if the figure listing is anything to go by then chances are, despite still being below UI Goku, Gogeta will show up and possibly take Broly down.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:13 am

That's a good enough outcome if he manages to actually keep the power this time around..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:36 pm

Thank you OP!!!!

You’re a great great guy! Anyone who agrees with my opinion on MUI is awesome by definition! xD

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:19 pm

I think it's sort of shown at the very end of the trailer. When Goku is posing against Broly's massive Ki field, you start to see the UI blue heat start to come out of him.

Either that or it's just the new look of Blue's aura in the movie. I honestly think its UI though, the scene gets cut off oddly, as it just flashes white as soon as it happens maybe to not reveal anything.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:30 pm

In the beginning of the trailer it is said Goku has been training all the time, this probably means:

- SSB Evo
- MUI
- a new form or a form that even surpasses MUI

Nope, i don't think we'll see Gogeta. Where is Vegeta btw? He seems to be hanging in the ropes at the end.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:16 am

Mister_Popo wrote: - SSB Evo
No.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:56 am

superfan2024 wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote: - SSB Evo
No.
You're probably right. The powerboost of SSBE isn't sufficient against Broly.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:45 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:In the beginning of the trailer it is said Goku has been training all the time, this probably means:

- SSB Evo
- MUI
- a new form or a form that even surpasses MUI

Nope, i don't think we'll see Gogeta. Where is Vegeta btw? He seems to be hanging in the ropes at the end.
Given he looks to be nowhere during the final fight from the trailer. Vegeta also didn't get any Ichiban Kuji figures scheduled (we have Broly, SS/SSGSS Goku and 2 unamed new charactes) and his Ultimate Soldiers figure was non battle damage unlike Goku's... Given that the prodcuer hyped the final fight up with Goku. I think it's safe to say Vegeta gets out of commission early (early in the sense of before Broly goes full power) unless there is a secondary plot point Vegeta gets wrapped up in.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:04 pm

sintzu wrote:I used to say there was a 70/30 split of it being UI Goku or Gogeta but with a new list of merchandise releasing with 2 new unannounced characters, I think the chances of Gogeta just went up to 40 as if Goku was one of them the listing would say it's an unannounced Goku figure, not a completely new character which Gogeta would be.

There's of course also the 3 movies screening in the U.S, Bardock's, Broly's first movie and fusion reborn. Bardock's ties with the past section of the movie which he'll most likely show up in. Broly's movie ties up with him being the villain of this movie. That leaves Fusion Reborn which must tie in some way like the other 2 and if the figure listing is anything to go by then chances are, despite still being below UI Goku, Gogeta will show up and possibly take Broly down.
It would be out of character for Goku and Vegeta to fuse when their opponent is not fused. I'm sure Toriyama had little to do with that silly Heroes special or Fusion Reborn.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:21 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:It would be out of character for Goku and Vegeta to fuse when their opponent is not fused.
That's a good point. I still think UI Goku is the most likely outcome but that doesn't answer why they picked fusion reborn to be screened alongside Bardock and Broly's movies. It could be due to popularity but I'm not going to completely rule out fusion.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:51 pm

sintzu wrote:but that doesn't answer why they picked fusion reborn to be screened alongside Bardock and Broly's movies. It could be due to popularity but I'm not going to completely rule out fusion.
Obviously it's to hint at the return of Hitler in this movie. :thumbup:
______

If Ultra Instinct is in this, I really hope it's usable at will. That or he can use the technique of Ultra Instinct at will, but the power up form is only when he is at his limit.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:33 pm

It could happen. But I don't want it. Let's leave that transformation for a little while and bring some other content. I would way rather see Gogeta vs LSSJ Broly
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:39 pm

The new movie poster has besides Toriyamas Broly intro description (in large sideways letters), according to Herms: "Beyond true strength, there is----"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:23 am

Logania wrote:If Ultra Instinct is in this, I really hope it's usable at will. That or he can use the technique of Ultra Instinct at will, but the power up form is only when he is at his limit.
I think making it usable at will this early will make Goku a bit overpowered. By doing That Toriyama will give it Vegeta and possibly Freeza as well which will be overkill at this point.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:35 am

I'm really hoping he will because if he doesn't then that would mean we might end up getting fusion and that's always sucked.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:25 am

sintzu wrote:I think making it usable at will this early will make Goku a bit overpowered. By doing That Toriyama will give it Vegeta and possibly Freeza as well which will be overkill at this point.
Doesn't really have to give it to Vegeta or Freeza yet. Goku was ahead of Vegeta from the Tournament of Destroyers until the end of the Tournament of Power with the SSJB Kaioken, but it never stopped making Vegeta useless or Goku completely overpowered.

Besides Ultra Instinct will probably be knocked down a notch or two later on in power just like every other SSJ transformation. Unlike those, Ultra Instinct is commonplace for all the Angel's and probably opponents higher on the food chain so even if Goku has it he's still not overpowered as we know there are heights of strength he's not even close to yet.

If he uses it in this movie, I want him to keep the technique at the very least, because it'll start to turn into an annoyance knowing Goku will just pop the mode when at the very end and win with it and we'll hear him stumbling into it on accident which will get old real quick.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:30 am

I'd rather see just about any other ending, as it'd be a repeated climax and come down to a saving transformation again.

However, I trust Toriyama to make whatever ending he chooses work, so if that's what it ends up being, I still expect I'll enjoy it.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:06 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:
sintzu wrote:I used to say there was a 70/30 split of it being UI Goku or Gogeta but with a new list of merchandise releasing with 2 new unannounced characters, I think the chances of Gogeta just went up to 40 as if Goku was one of them the listing would say it's an unannounced Goku figure, not a completely new character which Gogeta would be.

It would be out of character for Goku and Vegeta to fuse when their opponent is not fused. I'm sure Toriyama had little to do with that silly Heroes special or Fusion Reborn.
That is exactly why I don't want to see Goku and Vegeta fuse in this film. It felt appropriate in the Future Trunks arc because Goku Black and Zamasu fused, so Goku and Vegeta went and did the same thing. But fusing against Broly would make zero sense.

First off, Broly's a Saiyan. No way in hell would Vegeta fuse to try and defeat another person from his race. That would be a low blow to his pride. Secondly, Goku would see Broly as an opportunity to get stronger. He said in the trailer that the ToP made him realise just how much stronger he needs to get, so there's no way he would fuse when he would much rather fight Broly on his own. Thirdly, the ToP had their universe at risk of erasure. They were allowed to fuse there but they chose not to. If circumstances like that made them not want to fuse, then surely an opponent like Broly wouldn't force them to fuse.

I just don't want to see Goku and Vegeta fuse anymore. I would much rather see Ultra Instinct again. Goku should now be aiming to tap into that transformation without having to do it by accident.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:10 pm

Honestly, I want UI to reappear.... very, very badly, but it'd be predictable if Goku uses it and quickly beats Broly. If it appears, all I ask is that it's not a 2 minute long sequence where Goku immediately defeats him in an instance (ala, Gogeta in Fusion Reborn).
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super