Help understanding the mechanics of Kale/Kefla

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Help understanding the mechanics of Kale/Kefla

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:01 pm

Hello there! I have made topics about this before, but I still don't think I understand how Kale and Kefla work. The mechanics of their green-haired forms confuse me. So, I was hoping someone here might be able to help me.

So Kefla has Base, SS1, and SS2. Where I am confused is the following: when Kefla goes SS1 and SS2, she has green hair. But SS1 and SS2 are usually yellow-haired forms (every Saiyan we have seen has yellow hair when entering SS1 and SS2).

So this led me to believe that Kefla was using a Super Saiyan Green 1 and a Super Saiyan Green 2 form. After much deliberation, I believe I am wrong. ... So Kefla is, in fact, using the SS1 and SS2 that we all know and love, but her hair color is green due to Kale being a fusee? Is that correct? And Kefla is NOT using new SSGreen 1 and SSGreen 2 forms that we never saw before?

So onto Kale. I get what her SSBerserker form is -- that is pretty clear. But based on the DBS: Broly movie, it seems as though SS1 is a precursor to SSBerserker for Saiyans like Kale. Was Kale's muddy-yellow-haired form that she got in the Cocotte Zone regular SS1? Maybe she just has a color variant of SS1 because she is unique? What would Kale's controlled Berserker form be? Was that a new form entirely?

I'm just trying to figure out if with the introduction of Kale and Kefla we now have 4 new Super Saiyan forms i.e. Muddy-Yellow-haired form, SSBerserker, Kefla's SS1, and Kefla's SS2.

Thank you so much everyone. I appreciate all the help. I am just very confused, haha.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Help understanding the mechanics of Kale/Kefla

Post by Desassina » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:41 am

Look at Goku Black and Zamasu for the answers. SSJ Rosé is a Blue-like transformation with a God in Goku's body. Merged Zamasu had white hair, but in no way was he Ultra Instincts, for example, because it was only Goku Black's fusion with Zamasu, the latter whose hair was white. Kale might have been a SSJ Berserk under control, but I believe that it was an anime exclusive, when the manga opted for Caulifla to control her via fusion. Kefla has green hair, but she's only SSJ/2, which is Caulifla's contribution to the uncontrollable power that Kale had. In other words: going berserk is higher than only SSJ/2, but since Kefla has the bonus of fusion, she might have caught up or even surpassed it.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:54 am

All of Kale's transformation have green hair.
Kefla retains that trait. That's it.

The origin of the green hair is more likely due Kale being a mutant of sort than it being a different transformation.

Broly movie is still to come out. so who knows what thy'll say-

MoscoSama
Temporarily Banned

Post by MoscoSama » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:02 pm

ss1 kefla = kefla using the transformation kale used to break out of Cocotte trap and used for most of episode 113 when she joined caulifla

ss2 kefla = kefla using kale's mastered berserker (its called her ssj2 in dokkan), the one she achieved in episode 114.

Just how i see it.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:01 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:So Kefla is, in fact, using the SS1 and SS2 that we all know and love, but her hair color is green due to Kale being a fusee?

Was Kale's muddy-yellow-haired form that she got in the Cocotte Zone regular SS1? Maybe she just has a color variant of SS1 because she is unique? What would Kale's controlled Berserker form be? Was that a new form entirely?
Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Kale has three transformations: Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, and Super Saiyan Berserk (or Legendary Super Saiyan, depending on your preferred name). The first form is just her version of a regular Super Saiyan, the second form is a controlled/mastered version of the berserk form - which is presumably an evolution of the first form - and the berserk form is basically Broly.

Kefla just has access to plain old Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2. As you said, her hair being green is a byproduct of Kale being the fusee.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:58 pm

How do we know if manga kale/kefla has green hair color ?
I don’t recall any comments or talks about that .. like they did with red , blue , rose ....
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:43 am

prince212 wrote:How do we know if manga kale/kefla has green hair color ?
I don’t recall any comments or talks about that .. like they did with red , blue , rose ....
Nobody ever commented on Broly's hair, either

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:06 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
prince212 wrote:How do we know if manga kale/kefla has green hair color ?
Nobody ever commented on Broly's hair, either
Multiple characters stated that they thought Kale was a regular Super Saiyan at first, so that kind of implies that her hair is yellow.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:34 am

Marlowe89 wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:So Kefla is, in fact, using the SS1 and SS2 that we all know and love, but her hair color is green due to Kale being a fusee?

Was Kale's muddy-yellow-haired form that she got in the Cocotte Zone regular SS1? Maybe she just has a color variant of SS1 because she is unique? What would Kale's controlled Berserker form be? Was that a new form entirely?
Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Kale has three transformations: Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, and Super Saiyan Berserk (or Legendary Super Saiyan, depending on your preferred name). The first form is just her version of a regular Super Saiyan, the second form is a controlled/mastered version of the berserk form - which is presumably an evolution of the first form - and the berserk form is basically Broly.

Kefla just has access to plain old Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2. As you said, her hair being green is a byproduct of Kale being the fusee.
Very interesting. So Kale has SS1; then used an evolution of that as SSBerserk; she then has SS2, an evolution of both.

I have a couple more questions, if that is okay. Do you think SSBerserk is an advanced form of SS1Grade3? Or unrelated to SS1Grade2/SS1Grade3 that coincidentally is in between SS1 and SS2?

Is SS1 Full Power a different transformation than SS1?

I have been under the impression SSIkari is a further evolution of SS3. Kinda like a true SS4. Does that make sense?

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:16 am

ChiefWamsutta wrote: I have a couple more questions, if that is okay. Do you think SSBerserk is an advanced form of SS1Grade3? Or unrelated to SS1Grade2/SS1Grade3 that coincidentally is in between SS1 and SS2?
Berserk is a unique transformation exclusive to legendary Saiyans, entirely unrelated to the Grade forms. I wouldn't say it's between Super Saiyan 1 and 2 so much as it is a separate evolution altogether; in Kale's case, I think "Super Saiyan 2" was more of a shorthand name for her controlled Berserk form rather than Super Saiyan 2 as we typically conceive of it.

Your other questions aren't exactly related to the topic, but you're entirely free to send me a PM if you want my responses to those.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:54 am

Marlowe89 wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote: I have a couple more questions, if that is okay. Do you think SSBerserk is an advanced form of SS1Grade3? Or unrelated to SS1Grade2/SS1Grade3 that coincidentally is in between SS1 and SS2?
Berserk is a unique transformation exclusive to legendary Saiyans, entirely unrelated to the Grade forms. I wouldn't say it's between Super Saiyan 1 and 2 so much as it is a separate evolution altogether; in Kale's case, I think "Super Saiyan 2" was more of a shorthand name for her controlled Berserk form rather than Super Saiyan 2 as we typically conceive of it.

Your other questions aren't exactly related to the topic, but you're entirely free to send me a PM if you want my responses to those.
That makes sense. I see Super Saiyan forms as branches of a tree. SS1 is the trunk of the tree; SS1 Grade 2 branches off from SS1 to make its own section; SS2 is a second branch; LSS/SSBerserk is the third branch. Off of SS1 Grade 2 is SS1 Grade 3; off of SS2 is SS3. Maybe this could work? This would eliminate the between Super Saiyan 1 and 2 that I mentioned.

So what do you think Kale's SS2 is? Broly's LSS2?

PMed.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi, new here.

So basically what I understood was that Kale's SSJ2 can be summed as "Mastered Berserker" and is even called "Legendary Super Saiyan 2" in some places. So it's an evolution of the LSSj, or Berserker, whichever you prefer. Kefla's SSj are pretty much a hybrid between the regular SSj of Caulifla and Kale's LSSj, and so on - that's why her transformation resembled the LSSj2 and when she went SSj2 she gained sparks to her aura, which neither LSSj forms of Kale had. As far as we know, Broly in his movie only has his "regular" LSSj, but is MUCH stronger than Kale, despite apparently being behind her in mastery of the form.

About the grades, I think they really are an evolution of SSj, with Grade 2 and 3 focusing more on power than anything else (hence being progressively slower and more energy draining). Grade 4, or FPSSj, is like the Mastered Super Saiyan Blue - the full power of the SSj form, without any energy drain or issue. I would assume you have to master that state before you're ready for SSj2, even if you CAN reach the higher form by accident (as done by Caulifla before she went through the grades).

Hope I helped a bit.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:00 am

Thani wrote:So basically what I understood was that Kale's SSJ2 can be summed as "Mastered Berserker"
Kind of: by mastering the power, she doesn't go berserk anymore.
is even called "Legendary Super Saiyan 2" in some places. [ /quote]
It's just a Super Saiyan 2.
So it's an evolution of the LSSj, or Berserker, whichever you prefer.
They are quite different thingd.
Old Broly was never a berserker. Once freed by Paragus' ring, he was always in full control of himself. He was just a violent dick.
(we know nothing about New Broly except his beefy form is called "Super Saiyan Full power" in the merchandise)

Berserker Kale, otherwise, is unable to make a distinction between friends and enemies, and just leashes out her power randomly.

Kefla is, for all purposes and intents, "Caulifla with Kale's power, enhanced by the Potara Fusion"