DVD/Blu-ray sets' episode count annoyances

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Re: UK bluray annoys me

Post by SSJmole » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:16 pm

Shinsa wrote:
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
SSJmole wrote:Also am crazy or was duplicate vegeta actually the ocean dub vegeta? That's the version I watched on toonami and cnx so hearing it I was like "that sounds like orginal vegeta!!!" Loved that arc so far my favourite arc.
He was indeed. Sabat cast Brian Drummond as Copy Vegeta, once again showing he is a fan of Dragon Ball first and an ADR director/actor second. It was really the best part of that arc. When I watched it in Japanese I just wanted it to end. The dub was like a dream for not only having Drummond back, but also hear him interact with Sabat and Schemmel on screen.
Agreed! Overall I thought the arc was very week and unoriginal...but was a nice surprise hear his voice. At first I thought the voice could have been Sabat doing his Vegeta when he first got the role, then squashed that and thought it was someone else trying to do Sabats Vegeta, but half way through the EP I was like "nooooo...it can't be Drummond!" Couldn't wait to finish the EP to confirm it.was pretty hyped to see it was him.

Overall hearing Drummond as copy Vegeta acting with Sabats Vegeta was great and made the arc much more interesting as it was unbareable in Japanese.
Nice I wasn't crazy! I thought I might be imagining it. I liked the arc it was short , funny and something kind of new as first two arcs were dull to me as they were just movies redone with (sorry if this is harsh) worse animation. Tournament was another tournament we've seen lots but had some cool parts and was fun. Loved frosts twist . Duplicate was just a short funny arc to me. Like piccolo as an overly protective babysitter is adorable :lol: when all the comedy ones were together (possible the pan episode was a different arc)

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Re: DVD/Blu-ray sets' episode count annoyances

Post by SSJmole » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:39 pm

Woooo volume 5 came , still not all of Goku black arc lol no news on volume 6 anywhere