Does anyone else LOVE Broly’s new yellow eyes?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Does anyone else LOVE Broly’s new yellow eyes?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:40 pm

I’m really really digging it. They’re nice and small, a very beautiful color yellow, it also matches PERFECTLY with his beautiful black hair. Then there’s his outfit in general, specifically the saiyan battle armor, i’m really digging that one aswell! Just his overall design is great, just look at these images!

And tell me guys what YOU think about his new design?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1cqim3fgy/

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Does anyone else LOVE Broly’s new yellow eyes?

Post by The Patrolman » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:24 pm

It looks like Broly got Norted
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:41 pm

I like his purple tights a lot more

MonkeyKing16
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MonkeyKing16 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:24 am

I dig the yellow eyes. It's a small thing but I feel it sells Broly being a freak of nature even among the Saiyans, despite being in his base form.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:29 am

Yeah, they match perfectly with his dark skin.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:45 pm

I feel his yellow eyes are indicative of a suppressed form of sorts. When he's first introduced, his eyes are black. Then in shots when he's charging up or charging at Goku they're yellow

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:44 pm

Don't know why a full blooded Saiyan has yellow eyes at all unless it's from some weird form he has like in the concept art where his hair looks similar to a Super Saiyan, but it's also such a small change that I couldn't care less, kind of like Vegeta switching from black to brown hair at times.

His design is ok, not as good as the old design, but it's a nice change from the normal outfit he's had for years. But I do like that fur, whenever I see it I think of SSJ4 which is nice.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:11 pm

The colors actually remind me a lot of Toei-made villains, whose color palettes in turn remind me of those cheap mis-colored knockoff toys with those flashy and mismatched colors. Salza, anyone? Props for keeping with Tagoma's armor with the teal accents though.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:04 am

I’m sure that isn’t his normal eye color, it must be result of either of his power or emotions, either way it looks cool.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:16 am

Logania wrote:Don't know why a full blooded Saiyan has yellow eyes at all unless it's from some weird form he has like in the concept art where his hair looks similar to a Super Saiyan, but it's also such a small change that I couldn't care less, kind of like Vegeta switching from black to brown hair at times.

His design is ok, not as good as the old design, but it's a nice change from the normal outfit he's had for years. But I do like that fur, whenever I see it I think of SSJ4 which is nice.
It IS it’s own specific form indeed. They even showed that in the character design art that came out. Because in normal Base, he just has regular black eyes, just like any other Saiyan.