So can anyone explain how Vegeta suddenly has SSJ God now?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

So can anyone explain how Vegeta suddenly has SSJ God now?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:01 pm

As far as anyone’s aware he never did the ritual needed to become one, though that’s not to say he never got it off-screen, but what’s everyone’s personal headcanon/theory on this?

What i always believed is that SSJ God is only obtainable through the ritual, since it seems to be something unique that transforms you into an actual Deity/God as opposed to SSJ Blue which is just normal Super Saiyan tapping into God Ki, which we now know/assume to be perfect ki control as implied by Whis.

So what’s your guys theory on this?

Zephyr
I Live Here

Re: So can anyone explain how Vegeta suddenly has SSJ God now?

Post by Zephyr » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:42 pm

Super Saiyan Blue = Super Saiyan + Super Saiyan God. Logistically, it would make sense for him to already have it, which would mean he'd need to have undergone the ritual between Battle of Gods and Revival of F. Which the Super anime renders impossible, of course, but that's just the Super anime being the Super anime.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:21 pm

We haven't been given an explanation yet. He either did the ritual off screen or somehow achieved SSG by training with Whis.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:52 pm

Whis taught Goku and Vegeta how to use God Ki on their own so I'd wager he got it from that but never had reason to use it like he never used SS2 after fighting Beerus. The anime never said whether or not he could use it, only that he didn't do the ritual before training with Whis. Neither the anime or the manga have ever clarified how the two of them have that form. Goku just pulls it out against Hit in a scene that's basically lifted for episode 104, and Vegeta simply says he realized that it was the form he needed to defeat Goku Black. In the manga I believe Shenron says the ritual will temporarily create a Super Saiyan God and Goku didn't absorb the form like he did in the movie and anime so that's even more curious.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:35 pm

Didn't Vegeta say at the end of Episode 14 of Super that he would try to reach the power of Super Saiyan God on his own? Maybe it's possible to achieve the form through training with someone like Whis, rather than performing the ritual.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:54 pm

I’m still incredibly confused by the two forms. Which is stronger? What is the advantage of one over the other?

It seems to me that it should be impossible for Vegeta to reach it on his own without the ritual. It’s not like you can just have God no all on your own. Goku makes more sense in that he absorbed the power and his body seems to have “remembered” the power.

But I still don’t understand why you would even use it over Blue. If Blue is more powerful then why not always use Blue. If it isn’t then what’s the point of using Red. They always go Blue.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:57 pm

bleed0range wrote:I’m still incredibly confused by the two forms. Which is stronger? What is the advantage of one over the other?

It seems to me that it should be impossible for Vegeta to reach it on his own without the ritual. It’s not like you can just have God no all on your own. Goku makes more sense in that he absorbed the power and his body seems to have “remembered” the power.

But I still don’t understand why you would even use it over Blue. If Blue is more powerful then why not always use Blue. If it isn’t then what’s the point of using Red. They always go Blue.
Blue is more powerful, but requires quite a bit of energy to transform into and maintain. While regular God, while not as powerful, requires much less to maintain.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:41 pm

We have to watch the movie to know for sure but logically, Vegeta should already have Super Saiyan God because Super Saiyan Blue is just Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God. However, in the comic version of Super, Vegeta had to train to achieve the form but in the animated version, he never used it. They will probably just say he trained like the comic version.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:26 am

If he has blue he inevitably has god. SSB is simply a result of using God Ki and SSJ aka "a Saiyan with the power of a Super Saiyan God that goes super Saiyan." God is a stepping stone to Blue but Blue essentially makes God obsolete outside of a few select instances.

The ritual is not required to use SSG. otherwise, when the ritual "expired" during BoG he would have to use the ritual again in order to access it again. This is obviously not the case. SSG is simply a function of using God Ki and the ritual is another method.

BWri

Post by BWri » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:43 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:We haven't been given an explanation yet. He either did the ritual off screen or somehow achieved SSG by training with Whis.
I think a lot of people forget that old theory that a lot of us had post BoG pre RoF. What if simply being involved in the ritual gave Vegeta the potential to attain the god forms, or rather gave him a "seed" of god ki. Pre-ToP, this was the best explanation for me before everyone suddenly escalated to God Tier or near God tier with off-screen plot relevance training. If they want to limit that to Goku and Vegeta, they could say that the ritual only effects pure blooded Saiyans or they can use it to explain away a massive boost for the half-saiyans.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:48 am

God is a step between 3 and Blue in the transformation line, so if Vegeta has access to Blue, he has access to God. The manga articulated it a little more clearly, but it should be accessible in both versions.

The ritual most likely isn't required and functions as more of a shortcut than anything.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:32 am

PFM18 wrote:If he has blue he inevitably has god. SSB is simply a result of using God Ki and SSJ aka "a Saiyan with the power of a Super Saiyan God that goes super Saiyan." God is a stepping stone to Blue but Blue essentially makes God obsolete outside of a few select instances.

The ritual is not required to use SSG. otherwise, when the ritual "expired" during BoG he would have to use the ritual again in order to access it again. This is obviously not the case. SSG is simply a function of using God Ki and the ritual is another method.
That’s just your own personal head canon. And not a fact. It was never stated nor even implied in the series. The evidence towards him aching SSJ Blue points far more to the direction of Whis’ training of ki control, where they need to keep their ki inside their own bodies and prevent it from leaking out into the environment.

This was very clearly stated.

So as to HOW he has the God Form still remains a mystery.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:54 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:If he has blue he inevitably has god.
That’s just your own personal head canon. And not a fact.
That is a fact. SsjB is a SsjG version of Ssj so one would have had to reach SsjG before being able to tap into its Ssj form.

In terms of how he reached it, if we go by the movies then he probably did the ritual off screen like he said he would in BOG. If we go by the anime then he reached it through training with Whis. Either way, it's something he would have had to have in order to reach its higher version, SsjB.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:39 am

What Sintzu said. Vegeta couldn't have transformed into SSB without SSG's power in him.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:12 am

sintzu wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:If he has blue he inevitably has god.
That’s just your own personal head canon. And not a fact.
That is a fact. SsjB is a SsjG version of Ssj so one would have had to reach SsjG before being able to tap into its Ssj form.

In terms of how he reached it, if we go by the movies then he probably did the ritual off screen like he said he would in BOG. If we go by the anime then he reached it through training with Whis. Either way, it's something he would have had to have in order to reach its higher version, SsjB.
It’s NOT a fact. And to claim otherwise, is to make an extremely bold assertion. There is NO evidence that you NEED to have SSJ God in order to tap into Blue.
As THIS scene proves quite clearly.
https://youtu.be/s0lVDaO2Gm0

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:04 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:It’s NOT a fact. And to claim otherwise, is to make an extremely bold assertion. There is NO evidence that you NEED to have SSJ God in order to tap into Blue.
As THIS scene proves quite clearly.
https://youtu.be/s0lVDaO2Gm0
What does that scene prove exactly ? Vegeta was already able to sense god Ki before Goku got there. SsjB is the Ssj version of SsjG. If Vegeta didn't have SsjG how would he have the Ssj version of it ?

Saying you don't need SsjG to reach Blue is like saying you don't need to know how to count to 10 in order to count to 100.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Beyond Newbie

Post by 1345521 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:26 am

It was implied in the anime version that vegeta never knew ssj god but had sayain base beyond god which acts as supplement trigger for ssj blue. But of CORUSE, toei retconned itself as usual and brings back ssj god after like 90 episodes.

For vegeta using ssj god, unless he has specified reason for doing it I think the movie isn't really a strict continuation of the anime (or manga) but of the arc itself, so it's the continuation of akiras Skelton notes for each arc. Therefore Akira is just going to use what he looks from manga fillers (ssj god vegeta) and anime fillers (hopefully nothing). So vegeta using ssj god isn't really complicated. Plus it has been esbaidh in the manga (then later on in the anime) that ssj god is just a transformation WHICH CAN BE activated through the ritual. Kinda like how ssj are supposed to appear every 1000s of years but actually it's just a form anyone can get (or unless vegeta was actually talking about THEE LSSJ FORM... :think: Shrugs ) That's why I think it's best to treat the movie as in own canon:
Movie canon
Manga canon
Anime tv show canon

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:33 am

Vegeta still hadn't accomplished SSJG in the Future Trunks & Zamasu arc, but he needed it to power up SSJB to its fullest in the manga, because he was accessing it from a mortal realm. Whis explained, in the Universe 6 Tournament arc, that Vegeta couldn't use 10% of his power in successive attempts, while Goku brought the God form as a means to recover it, and switch to the Blue one at full power. In the Resurrection of F arc, they trained their base up to the level of a God, not necessarily SSJG, the former which could be lower, and the latter unused due to the new form surpassing it. In other words (numbers):
Base = 1, or anything lower up to SSJ. This state can go up to full power without transforming <=> Base God = 1'000, God SSJ in BoG (anime/movie) and FTZ (manga).
SSJ = 10, the entry point of its range. The grades act upon this as shortcuts to their full power <=> SSJ God = 10'000, SSJ Blue at 10% ranged down from its full power.
F.P. = 100, the transformation's peak. The numbered forms are used as the new ascended ones <=> SSJ Blue = 100'000, SSJ Blue at 100% or its complete auraless form.
God SSJ is a name that I came up with. It's what allows SSJ Vegeta and Goku Black to be stronger than SSJ3 Goku and SSJ2 Trunks at his level. Goku and Vegeta might have been base Saiyans in their previous full power SSJ level before using the Blue one at 10%.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:46 am

Goku lost his SSG-form after the ritual but regained it after Whis-training. If Goku is able to go Red, there is no reason why Vegeta can't as well.

SSG is just the form in which they use God-Ki without the power of a SSJ.
By other means: God-Ki in base.
SBG is no empowered baseform IMHO, it's a seperate form (it even has a distinct white aura) that has the power and control of SSG without using God-Ki and the actual red transformation of SSG.
Goku probably didn't use SSG (the actual transformation) against Freeza (although he could) because he wasn't used to God-Ki and Freeza was only warming up with his true baseform.
SBG offered a safer and less consuming alternative in which he could use the power of SSG without having to face the actual drain of God-Ki on his body.
He only wanted to take the risk to use it in Blue because he knew Freeza was going golden and it was strictly necessary at some point, and in Blue the SSG-power is further enhanced with SSJ.
Later on, during TOP, Goku had gained a lot more control over God-Ki through training, so he could use SSG more safely as a less consuming alternative to Blue and the in-between-form SBG became obsolete.
The same can count for Vegeta. That's how i see it.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:37 am

bleed0range wrote:I’m still incredibly confused by the two forms. Which is stronger? What is the advantage of one over the other?

Blue is stronger but God is easier to hold and doesn't drain much stamina. It's a lot like mastered Super Saiyan vs 2 and 3.

The problem with God is that Blue was introduced after it was used just once and thanks to power creep there aren't many opportunities where it would be of use. For a stronger foe, just use Blue, for a weaker one SS1 or 2. SS3 is in that same boat.
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.