What storylines are we likely to see if (when) DBSuper comes back?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: What storylines are we likely to see if (when) DBSuper comes back?

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:47 pm

shadowmaria wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:In GT, basically all they did is search for Dragon Balls.
Let me guess; you’ve never watched (or read) Dragon Ballhave you?
I have but that’s not what Dragon Ball is anymore. Its less about adventure and more about stopping a villain with the dragon balls only playing as a piece of the whole plot.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:12 pm

Spider-Man wrote:I would like to see:
    Planet Sadala arc
      Demon Realm
        Multiverse War arc.
        I Agree with ALL of these Greatly Spider-Man! :thumbup:

I would also like a Universe Tour Arc that might fit in well with the Planet Sadala Arc at the same time. It would have different characters from U7 exploring and making friends with the main players of the other Universes from the ToP! :wink:
        --- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
        Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
        Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
        My #1 in DB!
        :thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
        http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

uncutpokemon
        Not-So-Newbie

Post by uncutpokemon » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:32 pm

If Broly survives the end of the movie, I wouldn't mind him joining Vegeta to planet Sadala. Might be interesting if he meets Kale.

AnimeNation101
        I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:43 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
          Planet Sadala arc
            Demon Realm
              Multiverse War arc.

I would also like a Universe Tour Arc that might fit in well with the Planet Sadala Arc at the same time. It would have different characters from U7 exploring and making friends with the main players of the other Universes from the ToP! :wink:
              Maybe the Universe Tour Arc would end with the beginning of the Multiverse War arc
              I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:28 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
              CJStriker_CBR wrote:
                Planet Sadala arc
                  Demon Realm
                    Multiverse War arc.

Maybe the Universe Tour Arc would end with the beginning of the Multiverse War arc
                    Great Minds Think alike AnimeNation101! :thumbup:

Indeed that be the best of Ideas, the forming of friendships and powering up together instead of at each other to realize they are all together in the protect of their Universes against what would be Multiversail treat to them all, an INFINITY WARS Level of story if I would say so!

Could be from one of the originally erased universe just brought back or one of the 4 Univeres or more that where excluded from the ToP going to war with them or even the DEMON REALM Beings the main Foes!

I certainly Hope Toei has the same ideas or similiar! 8)
                    My #1 in DB!

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:36 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
                    AnimeNation101 wrote:
                    CJStriker_CBR wrote:

Indeed that be the best of Ideas, the forming of friendships and powering up together instead of at each other to realize they are all together in the protect of their Universes against what would be Multiversail treat to them all, an INFINITY WARS Level of story if I would say so!

Could be from one of the originally erased universe just brought back or one of the 4 Univeres or more that where excluded from the ToP going to war with them or even the DEMON REALM Beings the main Foes!

I think that these stories need to take after the end of Z to the weight it needs. That way we can't predict its ending and see different characters like Pan get development.
                    Majinwarman
                    So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
                    A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:42 pm

majinwarman wrote:
                    CJStriker_CBR wrote:
                    AnimeNation101 wrote: Maybe the Universe Tour Arc would end with the beginning of the Multiverse War arc

I think that these stories need to take after the end of Z to the weight it needs. That way we can't predict its ending and see different characters like Pan get development.
                    While I would be happy either way when they take place that might not be a bad idea, it would not be much time past either maybe, just a few years since the ToP arc, that would allow Pan to get started and Uub to become a main cast member too.

Also the weight ideal is very True. As long as whatever story brings back the other Universes into play again for more development and powering up, I am all for it! :)
                    My #1 in DB!

OriginalRed

Post by OriginalRed » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:20 pm

Goku and Vegeta exploring the Universes that were exempt from the Tournament of Power and challenging the strongest dudes from those Universes, which could pave way for Akira to introduce some new main characters that tag along with Goku and Vegeta who aren't weaklings like Krillin, TIen, and Piccolo during their intergalactic adventure as they battle more powerful threats across the Universe.

emperior
                    I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:07 am

It seemed like Super was building up to a mortal rebellion against the Gods, but it also feels like the mortals accept everything the Gods will do.
                    The line in episode 131 about “Goku and co. can change something” is really intriguing. I wonder what that something is. Maybe the Angels, including the Daishinkan and even the Zenos, are actually fine if the mortals rebel and destroy the whole Gods hierarchy? Maybe that would be the ultimate goal of DB Gods, to nurture the mortals until they are strong and righteous enough to even confront the Gods themselves.
                    One thing is for sure, this divine theme of Super will lead up to something important, and the end of DB will probably be strictly connected to it.
                    悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

AnimeNation101
                    I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:25 am

emperior wrote:It seemed like Super was building up to a mortal rebellion against the Gods, but it also feels like the mortals accept everything the Gods will do.
                    The line in episode 131 about “Goku and co. can change something” is really intriguing. I wonder what that something is. Maybe the Angels, including the Daishinkan and even the Zenos, are actually fine if the mortals rebel and destroy the whole Gods hierarchy? Maybe that would be the ultimate goal of DB Gods, to nurture the mortals until they are strong and righteous enough to even confront the Gods themselves.
                    One thing is for sure, this divine theme of Super will lead up to something important, and the end of DB will probably be strictly connected to it.
                    Who said that line?

And while this is a great concept, I sadly doubt it will go anywhere. It hurts when i know that there are millions of people who can come up with storylines better than official writers hired to create Dragon Ball stories and the creator himself.

I’d kill for a Multiverse war. If the conflict was a rebellion against Gods, I’d be down for it. But will it really happen?

BlueBasilisk
                    I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:38 am

I hope we don't see Cell come back. He's the last major arc villain from Z who hasn't allied themselves with Goku. Vegeta became a good guy, the two Buus became good guys, and Frieza is somewhere around Namek/Cell Vegeta in that he's allying himself with Goku out of pragmatism and convenience. Let him be that person who won't be reasoned with like 16 said. Besides, he didn't have any kind of support network that would want to wish him back anyway.
                    emperior wrote:It seemed like Super was building up to a mortal rebellion against the Gods, but it also feels like the mortals accept everything the Gods will do.
                    I think they might be referring to changing the way the gods are and their relationship with mortals, like Beerus changed from his time on Earth and knowing Goku. He was a callous asshole who destroyed over trivial things at the beginning but by the end he grows to respect the mortals on his team. The tournament put them in a position where the gods HAD to rely on mortals for their very survival.

Spider-Man
                    Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:41 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
                      Planet Sadala arc
                        Demon Realm
                          Multiverse War arc.

Yeah I would like to see that Arc too it would be awesome to see Toppo teaming up with Gohan.

emperior
                          I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:47 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
                          Who said that line?

And while this is a great concept, I sadly doubt it will go anywhere. It hurts when i know that there are millions of people who can come up with storylines better than official writers hired to create Dragon Ball stories and the creator himself.

I’d kill for a Multiverse war. If the conflict was a rebellion against Gods, I’d be down for it. But will it really happen?
                          Whis said that perhaps Goku and co. can change something. And that mortals can change.
                          Maybe the end goal for Goku and co. will be to make every universe a nice place where mortals live at peace. It could fit with Toriyama’s view of the humans being a self-destructive race.
                          That’s evident from his depiction of how some humans reacted to Majin Buu by going on killing sprees just for fun, or how U6’s Earth was destroyed by idiotic wars. There are countless examples of this theme in Toriyama’s works, so it wouldn’t surprise me if Zeno wanted to annihilate all humans because of their evil ways. He already did, in the future, when he saw the destruction caused by Zamasu.
                          悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Grimlock
                          Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:52 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:What do you guys think?
                          We are likely to see more rehash, more retellings, bringing back unnecessary characters, more tournaments and probably just one saga with an actual plot, but still stuck in the safe zone, preventing it from being better if/when Dragon Ball Super comes back. :wink:

Only Dende knows how I wish to be wrong and for the next series to surprise us with new stuff, but if the next movie is anything to go by...
                          We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

shadowfox87
                          OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:49 pm

1. Planet Sadala arc - Saiyans from U7 go on vacation to U6 Sadala. Vegeta meets the King. They have some sake. More flashbacks about the history of the Saiyans.

2. Jiren's unknown evildoer - The evildoer who killed Jiren's parents resurfaces. Jiren has a rematch. Goku helps.

3. Angels vs Fallen Angels - We get a backstory of Daishinkan and the Angels. We still don't know anything about Angels. There has to be a deeper story rooted in mythology that Toriyama will spin. We find out that once there was an Angel that became evil and was banished to another realm. Perhaps the DB version of Lucifer. That Angel is freed and seeks revenge. Something that would involve all 12 Angels. Since they are too strong, there has to be some kind of motivation or enemy to have them fight. Maybe the 6 Angels from the 6 universes that were erased got banished. Given that Angels are special exceptions and usually don't get erased by Zeno. I can't think of anything else.

4. Time skip - We time skip to the end of DBZ where the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai is held. Goku meets Uub and they train. Then the story arc after this can begin which may involve Mira, Towa, and the Demon arc with Mechikabura. We may learn about the Makaioshin. This is where the DBO official sequel can also segue.

5. Flashbacks / Prequels - We get more backstories like what truly happened on the U7 Sadal that led it to explode. The war between the Saiyans. Yamoshi and the original super saiyan. Since we won't get any of this in the upcoming movie given it's setting will all take place on Planet Vegeta.

Out of these, I'm more interested in #3. I can't see anything too terrifying or threatening except that scenario.
                          DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
                          Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
                          Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
                          Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Toxin45
                          Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:17 pm

I think we go up to just five arcs and we already have prison planet arc in super starting with the end of z first to fully expand on it,then planet salada,pride troopers arc,ribrane arc,and multiversal war arc as the tenth and final arc of the series.

Bergamo
                          OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:17 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:1. Planet Sadala arc - Saiyans from U7 go on vacation to U6 Sadala. Vegeta meets the King. They have some sake. More flashbacks about the history of the Saiyans.

2. Jiren's unknown evildoer - The evildoer who killed Jiren's parents resurfaces. Jiren has a rematch. Goku helps.

3. Angels vs Fallen Angels - We get a backstory of Daishinkan and the Angels. We still don't know anything about Angels. There has to be a deeper story rooted in mythology that Toriyama will spin. We find out that once there was an Angel that became evil and was banished to another realm. Perhaps the DB version of Lucifer. That Angel is freed and seeks revenge. Something that would involve all 12 Angels. Since they are too strong, there has to be some kind of motivation or enemy to have them fight. Maybe the 6 Angels from the 6 universes that were erased got banished. Given that Angels are special exceptions and usually don't get erased by Zeno. I can't think of anything else.

4. Time skip - We time skip to the end of DBZ where the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai is held. Goku meets Uub and they train. Then the story arc after this can begin which may involve Mira, Towa, and the Demon arc with Mechikabura. We may learn about the Makaioshin. This is where the DBO official sequel can also segue.

5. Flashbacks / Prequels - We get more backstories like what truly happened on the U7 Sadal that led it to explode. The war between the Saiyans. Yamoshi and the original super saiyan. Since we won't get any of this in the upcoming movie given it's setting will all take place on Planet Vegeta.

Out of these, I'm more interested in #3. I can't see anything too terrifying or threatening except that scenario.
                          1. I think an arc that isn't completely centered around fighting would be a nice change of pace.
                          2. Knowing Dragom Ball, Jiren would job harder than Hit, and then the evil doer would be defeated by Goku.
                          3. I don't think the angels are especially interesting. They are strong, but so was Kami at a point in time. Evil angels would be too much like the King Piccolo arc.
                          4. DBO is not an official sequel anymore. It contradicts the series about as much as GT.
                          5. This would be good.
                          My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

BlueBasilisk
                          I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:14 pm

Bergamo wrote:1. I think an arc that isn't completely centered around fighting would be a nice change of pace.
                          2. Knowing Dragom Ball, Jiren would job harder than Hit, and then the evil doer would be defeated by Goku.
                          3. I don't think the angels are especially interesting. They are strong, but so was Kami at a point in time. Evil angels would be too much like the King Piccolo arc.
                          4. DBO is not an official sequel anymore. It contradicts the series about as much as GT.
                          5. This would be good.
                          Yeah, Online doesn't fit into continuity anymore but I think they're still tapping it for potential ideas, like the Tenshin-style Dojo that Tien opened seemed like a reference to that. I'd love to see the Pan Fighting Network if the series ever makes it to Age 794. Or for Pan to take over Mr. Satan's style and really make something out of it. One of the Saiyan OCs in Fusions is a student of Satan's techniques and his Rolling Pinich Punch is one of the best moves in the game. :lol:

I'd like to see a story about rebuilding the Saiyan race in Universe 7, either through a colony being set up by immigrants from Universe 6's Planet Sadala or by finding other surviving stragglers and infiltration babies that weren't on Vegeta when Frieza destroyed it. I know some people will balk at the idea of more Saiyans, but they're a staple of the franchise now and we keep getting more of them anyway, so I feel like we might as well bring them back as an established people in the home universe.

AnimeNation101
                          I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:47 pm

Toxin45 wrote:I think we go up to just five arcs and we already have prison planet arc in super starting with the end of z first to fully expand on it,then planet salada,pride troopers arc,ribrane arc,and multiversal war arc as the tenth and final arc of the series.
                          The Prison Planet Arc is from the continuity of SDBHs and is in no way connected to the main continuity of Dragon Ball or what people like to call “canon”.

shadowfox87
                          OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:11 pm

Bergamo wrote:4. DBO is not an official sequel anymore. It contradicts the series about as much as GT.
                          5. This would be good.
                          Multiple continuities can coexist because there are multiple timelines. GT exists as a separate timeline. There are 6 timelines, out of which 2 timelines are unknown and can easily have GT be one of them. A timeline in which Beerus doesn't wake up and Pilaf doesn't go to Bulma's birthday party but rather Kami's lookout is GT. DBO was written by Toriyama. Mira, Towa, Fu, and the Time Patrol were all his ideas. The events of the DBO timeline actually don't contradict anything that has occurred in DBS because they happen a lot later, so I'm not sure which contradiction you're referring to. Everything in the DBO timeline can STILL happen in the future.

For the record, I'm tired of Saiyans. Now I understand how Beerus and Freeza felt when they wanted to exterminate their race. I want new races and more unique abilities for those races. It's about time that Piccolo gets a power up. We've seen some great stuff already -Hit, Magetta, Jiren, Gamisaras, etc. New characters rather than hashing old ones is better. In all, once they spin the Angels vs Demons / Fallen Angels, DB is pretty much over. Then there is only the identity of Zalama left.
                          DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
                          Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
                          Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
                          Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707