What storylines are we likely to see if (when) DBSuper comes back?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

What storylines are we likely to see if (when) DBSuper comes back?

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:35 pm

We all know that the U6 Planet Sadala story is gonna happen as its been hinted at multiple times. For stuff like Jiren’s evil-doer, while it could be a case of Chehkov’s Gun, it could just never be brought up again and could just have been a plot device for Jiren’s backstory.

There are iffy points like Zalama. He hasn’t been brought up since the U6 v U7 tournament. And stuff like Universes 13 to 18 and whether 17’s wish actually brought them back or if Toriyama or the writer of episode 131 just created a plot hole because from the way 17 made his wish, Universes 13 to 18 should be back.

As for a random arc that i want but has not been hinted at, I want a Multiverse War. It could bring back the key people from each universe that we remember from the Tournament of Power and they’d all be teaming up to achieve a common goal. Or maybe its anarchy and its every universe for themselves and we can a balls-to-the-wall, all-out, true battle royale. Maybe it would be started with assassination of the Zenos or someone turning the Gods against each other.

I don’t know if Toriyama likes marvel but maybe he could take some ideas from Infinity War.

What do you guys think?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

MoscoSama
Temporarily Banned

Re: What storylines are we likely to see if (when) DBSuper comes back?

Post by MoscoSama » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:43 pm

End of Z is a certainty :D

R. Daneel Olivaw
Not-So-Newbie

Post by R. Daneel Olivaw » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:58 pm

I want to see Vegeta in a Planet Sadala arc, I want to see Goku in a Pride Troopers arc. I've been hoping for a Universes 13-18 arc ever since it was announced losing Universes would be erased. Maybe there was another mortal in one of those Universes that mastered Ultra Instinct and Goku will have to defeat them. I'd like to see Uub whether it's Post-Z or if retcons those last episodes. Zalama would be cool, and I think you could work in some backstory for the Namekians. I'm planning a lot of this stuff in the fanfics I'm writing, though.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:39 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:We all know that the U6 Planet Sadala story is gonna happen as its been hinted at multiple times. For stuff like Jiren’s evil-doer, while it could be a case of Chehkov’s Gun, it could just never be brought up again and could just have been a plot device for Jiren’s backstory.

There are iffy points like Zalama. He hasn’t been brought up since the U6 v U7 tournament. And stuff like Universes 13 to 18 and whether 17’s wish actually brought them back or if Toriyama or the writer of episode 131 just created a plot hole because from the way 17 made his wish, Universes 13 to 18 should be back.

As for a random arc that i want but has not been hinted at, I want a Multiverse War. It could bring back the key people from each universe that we remember from the Tournament of Power and they’d all be teaming up to achieve a common goal. Or maybe its anarchy and its every universe for themselves and we can a balls-to-the-wall, all-out, true battle royale. Maybe it would be started with assassination of the Zenos or someone turning the Gods against each other.

I don’t know if Toriyama likes marvel but maybe he could take some ideas from Infinity War.

What do you guys think?
I am TOTALLY Down for this, it was a Very Ideal and Hope I have Myself and would make the most logical sense to do if Toei and the DB Writers to do after the success of the MCU and Infinty War in general!

It be a Great opportunity for other Universes Main Characters to get More Character Development, World Building and for them each to Get Much Stronger. In the end Really ALL of the ToP Fighters are Good Guys save for a few, so it make sense they team up to battle a great threat, espically one with Vast Numbers/An Army, the Multiverse would need an army to counter it all!

So IMO that be the Best Idea for the Next arc of Super, it have great character interactions and team-ups too! 8)

Besides and Including that, Any Arc or Story that Has My Girl Brianne De Chateau/Ribrinne and the Universe 2 Regulars back and gaining more Character Development, Use and Higher Levels of Power I am Down for 125%! :D :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:47 pm

Well if Broly can be adapted into the Main canon, why not other things? I say an adaption of Bebi will make it in.

Beyond Newbie

Post by 1345521 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:57 pm

Well db super hasn't ended. We have the movies, plus the manga will continue on. But, idk. It's pretty hard to predict since Akira is pretty unpredictBle with where he takes the story. It's best just to wait after the movie to see where super goes from broly.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:02 pm

All I know is Sadla likely won't happen, and there were no hints.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:44 pm

Demon Realm Invasion
Planet Sadala
Fusion Reborn (I think the concept of Janemba and the storage of evil cleansing in the afterlife and other things from the movie is a really cool idea, Fusion Reborn could be a really cool arc)
Resurrected Universes (They could just pull out that Zeno brought back the erased universes 13-18)
Into the Future, End of Z
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:03 pm

Simere wrote:All I know is Sadla likely won't happen, and there were no hints.
Besides the 2 statements from Vegeta to Cabba saying he wanted to go visit Planet Sadala and the ever increasing importance and prominence of the U6 saiyan characters. Plus they’re saiyans and saiyans in general always get the spot-light. And Caulifla and Goku share a sort of Master-pupil relationship which gives even more of a reason as to why at least Goku and Vegeta would visit U6 Sadala.

At this point, anyone who thinks there have been no hints are in denial or are trolling.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:10 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Besides the 2 statements from Vegeta to Cabba saying he wanted to go visit Planet Sadala and the ever increasing importance and prominence of the U6 saiyan characters. Plus they’re saiyans and saiyans in general always get the spot-light. And Caulifla and Goku share a sort of Master-pupil relationship which gives even more of a reason as to why at least Goku and Vegeta would visit U6 Sadala.

At this point, anyone who thinks there have been no hints are in denial or are trolling.
We're talking denial? The show ended and y'all won't admit that what you thought you were seeing was actually nothing; still singing the same refrain since the Champa arc. "Vegeta said he wants to go to Sadla! That's hinting Sadla!"

First of all, a hint is something you're supposed to figure out. Fuwa not wearing his potara was a hint. Vegeta saying he wants to go to Sadla and then going to Sadla? Oh, well deduced. But Vegeta didn't go. So, what's that mean? It means it was the standard DB maneuver of building up something to be important and then not following through. Something for fans to preoccupy themselves fantasizing about, but nothing they intended, or intend, to deliver on.

But wait! He said it again! Hint^2! And now Goku's got his own connection with U6 saiyans(in the anime only)! Which brings me to the key point:

Potential stories aren't being decided based on relationships with minor characters. Who will challenge Goku next is the question to ask, and Sadla and U6 as a whole have already answered they won't be the ones to do that. Sure, there could be some invader that happens to show up on Sadla and they're beseeched to go there. But that can happen anywhere. Why would they choose Sadla? Because of Cabba? Ha!

The main good idea people had for a Sadla arc is supposedly being fulfilled by the Broly movie. I don't see them going to that well again for a good while.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:19 am

Simere wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

The main good idea people had for a Sadla arc is supposedly being fulfilled by the Broly movie. I don't see them going to that well again for a good while.
How does the Broly movie fulfill the concept of the inevitable Sadala arc at all?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:25 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Simere wrote:The main good idea people had for a Sadla arc is supposedly being fulfilled by the Broly movie. I don't see them going to that well again for a good while.
How does the Broly movie fulfill the concept of the inevitable Sadala arc at all?
I don't know what concept is in your mind for evitable Sadla, but I was referring to the idea people had of exploring the history of U7's saiyans by contrasting it with U6's, and getting into what it means to be a saiyan for Goku and Vegeta.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:30 am

Simere wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Simere wrote:The main good idea people had for a Sadla arc is supposedly being fulfilled by the Broly movie. I don't see them going to that well again for a good while.
I don't know what concept is in your mind for evitable Sadla, but I was referring to the idea people had of exploring the history of U7's saiyans by contrasting it with U6's, and getting into what it means to be a saiyan for Goku and Vegeta.
Thats, first off, only a small part of what the Sadala arc could do, and second off, the Broly movie seems to only be covering lore as far back as the time Planet Vegeta was with Freeza’s empire. No Saiyans vs Tuffles lore or Sadala lore. The Broly movie isn’t doing what the Sadala arc would be doing.

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:42 am

Likely to see? I think only End of Z, because that's a thing that has got to be addressed sooner or later.
Other than that? Nothing. Toriyama will write whatever he'll come up with. He doesn't plan much in advance and he likes to write on the go (excluding arks like the ToP). Stuff like the Zamasu ark, the Majin Buu ark, etc. weren't planned earlier and he didn't set up anything. He isn't your typical methodical writer. So don't be surprised is there won't be any Sadala ark.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:51 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:Thats, first off, only a small part of what the Sadala arc could do, and second off, the Broly movie seems to only be covering lore as far back as the time Planet Vegeta was with Freeza’s empire. No Saiyans vs Tuffles lore or Sadala lore. The Broly movie isn’t doing what the Sadala arc would be doing.
Lore? That's hardly where the interest in a Sadla arc comes from. You really think people are interested in Sadla as a concept, like it was Coruscant or something? What they're interested in are the potential "character moments" and "character development" that would come from shoving Vegeta and Goku there.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:54 am

#21 is very popular, I can see Toei asking Toriyama to write a story about her for another arc. They could make her stronger if she has the DNA of Broli inside of her.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:02 am

Nothing is likely as Toriyama doesn't really plan in advance.

What I want is something to do with Zalama and have it be connected to the Namekians.

I also want more Jiren and Pride Trooper stuff along with Hit.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:15 am

This is going to annoy a few people, but I want a story set during the 100 year time gap at the EoGT.

No Goku (presumably), no Dragon Balls, and therefore real stakes (aside from for Pan and Bulma's lineage)

Maybe as Goku leaves with Shenron, he rejoins with Beerus and Whis, or with the Grand Minister? Lots of possibilities

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:47 am

I would like to see a new arc involving Goku and the gang that, like in the original manga, go on search for the Super Dragon Balls, that are spread across the multiverse this time.
In this arc we could see a number of characters return of TOP, but also a number of new fighters of the Universes that haven't participated in TOP.

It would be a nice arc to show us all these different worlds. The final battle could be Goku against some of the Hakaishins, that have schemed together to claim the Super Dragon Balls for their own purposes.
Why no final battle against Liquior, Gene ..., in which Goku really has to master UI at will in order to defeat them.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:35 pm

A Broly movie remake is pretty much a done deal.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):