How to introduce Coola in Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

How to introduce Coola in Super?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:35 pm

Since Coola (Cooler) is one of the most popular movie characters next to Broli (Broly) and is being used in the Heroes anime, I wonder how they could add him into the story line of Super? I could see Toriyama adding him seeing how popular he is and you do have fans that want him to return. My idea would be that he is Freeza's lost brother and who has found that his brother is still alive after all of these years.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: How to introduce Coola in Super?

Post by Xeogran » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:34 am

He was just handling his own business in the space, that's all :P

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:54 am

He'll never have the level of popularity Broly has for him to be reimagined. And to have a 'canon' Freeza copy, Toriyama made Frost.

But ofcourse EVERYTHING needs to be remade into canon now since Broly did it, who needs new ideas :roll:

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Post by theTUN » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:55 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing him as part of Frieza's backstory, but I don't want him involved in any major plot points and K definitely don't want to see Golden Cooler or anything like that.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:38 pm

I think a logical way to do it is to have him be ruling over some area in U6 on the order of King Cold but for some reason (they can explain in the movie or arc) he couldn't get back into U7, or didn't want to.
mute_proxy wrote:To have a 'canon' Freeza copy, Toriyama made Frost.

EVERYTHING needs to be remade into canon now since Broly did it, who needs new ideas :roll:
Frost has been a pushover since he was introduced so there's no way he's considered Freeza's equal.

We've gotten plenty of new ideas, some being among the franchise's best but if Toriyama can find a way to modernize old concepts in a good way then so be it. Freeza coming back for the TOP wasn't a fan favorite at first due to the idea being overused but fans were eventually OK with it because of how well written he was so the same can apply to Cooler.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:45 pm

Make Cooler some guy that fled to another universe because he was oppressed by Cold and Freeza as they were the mutants of their kind. He then discovers a way to also modify himself and maybe even use Alien Technology to get even stronger - the Big Gete Star would be kinda cool to introduce as an AI planet from another universe, like the robot universe.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:59 pm

Cooler was in his own corner of the universe expanding the empire. He comes back and see's his Final Form is nothing compared to Golden Frieza. So Frieza agrees to train him so he can become Golden Cooler in his Final Form. The brothers team up to attack Goku and Vegeta. It's nice to have two villains so Goku and Vegeta each have their own opponent to fight
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:08 pm

I would love if Coola was part of the main timeline. In fact, he was really the only character non-canon character I want to be canon because I always felt that the Freeza race felt empty especially his family. He doesn't even have to have a major villain moreso as just a side role like how Freeza is going to be. The "going to a different universe" route is good enough, but I can't really come up with a decent explanation on how he being Freeza's power without it being odd that he didn't appear in the ToP.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:39 am

I want a canonization of the Prison Planet which would be run by Dr. Raichi and his ultimate creation, Hatchiyack which both a super computer and a super warrior as well. The whole planet would be taken over and could have characteristics of the Tree of Might and the Big Gete Star as well.

The rest of the villains are as follows:

Garlic/Garilc Jr. - An evil demon clansmen from an alien race known as the Makyans. His clan worships the Makyo Star and formed a cult around it. The Hatchiyack System has enhanced him to become immortal which only adds to his ability to shrink people, possess/control others, and send people to his own personal dimension, the Dead Zone.

Turles - An evil Saiyan criminal who was taken away long before Freeza decided to destroy Planet Vegeta. The Hatchiyack System has enhanced him to be able to absorb the energy from any planet and become much stronger (similarly to the Tree of Might). He's vicious, sadistic, and cunning similarly to Namek Saga Vegeta.

Lord Slug - An ancient Namekian who gained immense power and ascended to the status of Super Namekian. Perhaps he is responsible for the storms on Planet Namek long ago? The Hatchiyack System enhanced him to be able to terraform the area around him to a greater extent along with eternal youth (similarly to his plot in the movie).

Cooler - Freeza's older brother who was so powerful and dangerous that he needed to be put away (perhaps by someone like Beerus who would find it to be a waste to just destroy him). The Hatchiyack System has enhanced him into a cybernetic being (a la Meta-Cooler) capable of regenerating quickly and then adapting right after during the fight.

Bojack - Super powerful space pirate, you already know the deal. The Hatchiyack System enhanced him to have immensely potent psychic abilities (this is based on the psychic threads that his Galaxy Warriors used) which allow him to do multiple things (threads, blades, etc.).

Once they are all defeated and the Hatchiyack System is destroyed, the super computer uses it's last resort... Operation Janemba in order to combine the warriors into one final super warrior and chaotic monster. The master of space and time and almighty demon god, Janemba.

These opponents would force the heroes to exert themselves greatly of course and we could see great fights like:
Goku vs Hatchiyack
Vegeta vs Turles
Freeza vs Cooler
Gohan vs Bojack
Android 17 vs Garlic
Piccolo vs Lord Slug

And then we could get a rebooted Gogeta vs Janemba

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:46 pm

Frieza is on Earth on day to ask about Whis training Goku and Vegeta, Whis makes a small side comment about how much potential Frieza had and the gains Frieza made in such small time over the years it took for Goku and Vegeta to reach such a level, before making quick mentions of the powerful growth of character like Hit, Future Trunks and Broly. This leads to Whis wondering out loud if anyone else is Frieza's family could hold such potential or even more. Frieza scoffs at the idea of someone holding more potential for greatness than him, though does admit that his Father was quite the powerful man before Trunks cut him down and might have done wonders with training. Hell, maybe his brother cou- Frieza becomes silent as Goku goes crazy over Frieza having a brother and wondering if that guy could fight as well as Frieza with Vegeta piping up that Frieza's brother was never mentioned often. Frieza stays silent, the conversation ends and our favorite Emperor returns to his ship in a disturbed silence.

A flashback coupled with Frieza's own reassuring monologue to his mirror explains that Cooler was the black sheep of the family, always the lesser brother full of anger and spite for Frieza as he always fails to get the praise and pampering that Frieza got. In the end, it's revealed that Cold send the boy off to conquer the furthest reaches of the galaxy while Frieza takes the throne, Cooler swearing that he'll take the rightful place he earned instead of being handed it on a silver platter and that Frieza will one day kneel before him. Frieza never thought of the threat as anything more than the laughable ambition of a desperate lesser being, but after the conversation with Whis some doubt starts to creep up, the question of whether Cooler could indeed grow strong enough to fulfill that promise. If he had grown that strong, why hadn't he returned yet? No, it wasn't possible, IT WASN'T. But that one little niggle of doubt stays with Frieza, keeping him in between a cold sweat and nightmares of everything being taken from him once more. It was bad enough losing to the monkey, but Cooler!? No, he couldn't.

The next week, Frieza makes up his mind, he would train up and then hunt his Brother down to whatever cesspool of the galaxy Cooler resided in. During his training, he notes how lackluster his men are compared to him and realize that Cooler could try an underhanded trick with the armored squadron (As Frieza himself would probably do if Ginyu was still around), leading to the decision to bring Goku, Vegeta and some of the other Z Fighters along. In fact, it would be better to have the monkies there to witness Frieza show off his authority. The group make their way towards where Cooler was last seen, a rather uncharted section of the universe that leads to them encountering a few threats that actually put up a decent challenge (Fueling Frieza's worry considering that Cooler would have faced these too) along with a few passing mentions of Cooler's presence in the region.

Finally, after a while, the group land on the planet Cooler has cemented as his home base, instantly being met by the Armoured Squadron (WIth a few additions) as they land. Quick comments about how the soldiers are definitely strong, but the appearance of Frieza quickly steals everyone's attention. In quick succession, they are lead to the main base where Cooler resides, Frieza itching to find out what his older brother is made of. Salza announces their presence, the great doors open and they find Cooler... Painting and apple. The two trade a back and forth of snark, smugness, and insults, but it's noticeable that while Frieza is irritable, spiteful and ready to prove his power, Cooler is far more relaxed, calm and collected than he was presented in the flashbacks. It turns out that Cooler doesn't want to fight Frieza, not out of some moral or family connection, it's just that he doesn't care anymore. He doesn't care about his family, how his power compares to Frieza or Cold or even the throne. He's found a strange sort of peace and complacency in this section of the Universe and is fine with never leaving.

So, he gives Frieza one warning to leave. They never have to see or worry about each other again. But, of course, Frieza can't accept this and punches Cooler into the ground, resulting in all hell breaking loose as Cooler gets to his feet. "If you won't leave my life by choice, I'll just have to erase you from it myself"
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:16 pm

Can we just have King Cold back... and actually make him relevant?
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Ju-NanaGo

Post by Ju-NanaGo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:17 pm

We won’t have him in. Heroes gives him some love and that’s it. There is no need as well

But do not compare his popularity to Broly.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:39 pm

We could give him the excuse that he had been banished/or travelled from Universe 7 for some reason. He might had been living somewhere between Universe 7 or 6 and maybe he will return because he wants something from frieza or he noticed Goku's power. Not much help but I did best to find a logical idea of why no one noticed him.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:44 pm

Ju-NanaGo wrote:We won’t have him in. Heroes gives him some love and that’s it. There is no need as well

But do not compare his popularity to Broly.
The OP did not say Coola's popularity was on par with Broly's. He said Coola's popularity is SECOND to Broly's in terms of movie villains and I agree.

BTW, was this topic created in response to MasakoX's recent video?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:19 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Can we just have King Cold back... and actually make him relevant?
I like you

King Cold never being utilised after his death (except in filler and in one shot of GT) feels like a wasted opportunity

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:46 pm

I don't think this is a good idea, I just can't see a way this would be a regurgitation of ideas.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:01 am

Cooler would make an awesome partner to Frieza and allow a good 2v2 matches with them and the Saiyan duo.

Frieza could go find him to ask for his aid against Goku and Vegeta (once he realizes that the two of them is too much for him to handle alone).

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:21 pm

That's easy.

Don't.
fadeddreams5 wrote:Can we just have King Cold back... and actually make him relevant?
What purpose would he even serve this late in the game? His whole appearance in the original manga was already pointless enough.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:48 pm

Coola was literally a Freeza rehash made to capitalize on Freeza's popularity. There is no need to bring him back into canon, as he's entirely derivative.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:30 am

Ssjcell wrote:I don't think this is a good idea, I just can't see a way this would be a regurgitation of ideas.
Marlowe89 wrote:That's easy.

Don't.
What purpose would he even serve this late in the game? His whole appearance in the original manga was already pointless enough.
Saturnine wrote:Coola was literally a Freeza rehash made to capitalize on Freeza's popularity. There is no need to bring him back into canon, as he's entirely derivative.

Cooler (not naturally gifted, his power was gained through training and experimenting with techniques) could be reintroduced as an exiled prince who lost his right to be emperor to Freeza (prodigy, only recently began training) in the eyes of King Cold and Cooler has been fighting to survive this entire time, swearing vengeance on his brother.
His followers are would be small, but loyal. They actually respect Cooler, instead of just fear him (unlike Freeza).
Knowing not to waste what little resources available to him, Cooler would be more forgiving of his henchmen's mistakes than Freeza.
Cooler would be more pragmatic in his approach, yet very brutal in his combat style.
Last edited by ShadowBardock89 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif