The Gods of destruction are considered neutral, bad or good?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

The Gods of destruction are considered neutral, bad or good?

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:11 am

So... what do you guys think?
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: The Gods of destruction are considered neutral, bad or good?

Post by PFM18 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:48 am

The entire premise is that they are beutral and try to stay out of mortal affairs. If they were actually on one side or the other it would produce all kinds of complications

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:14 pm

Officially neutral since the entire echelon is supposed to be committed to ensuring that the cogs of the natural world continuing turning. Now personal associations and the interests of respective Hakaishin in specific groups of ningen, that can vary from person to person. Some Hakaishin might be more detached from the general affairs of species but others could adopt a more hands-on consideration for the attitudes of those whom they hold dominion over. It might be safe to say that Beerus' outlook on at least certain people has been influenced over the years. He may not openly admit to it but a bond of tolerance and perhaps even friendship has developed between himself and the core of earthlings around Goku. Such bonds probably aren't too common, though, and the earthlings would represent an outlier instead of the rule. Beerus' view of the universe's population as a whole likely hasn't been changed.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Sidra seem to be a bad guy or at least have dirty intentions in the anime ...
I’d say that they have a job that is bad if you use it wrong .
Beerus himself was about to destroy the earth for almost nothing...
They are bad to balance the goods of the kaiyoshins.
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Jesus-is Lord
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jesus-is Lord » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:14 pm

Good - because they help preserve the universe

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:10 am

Depends, but I will agree that they are mostly neutral.

Iwen: Good.
Helles: Surprisingly more benevelont than I thought she was.
Mosco: Good, maybe.
Quitela: The meanest of the remaining universes.
Arack: Good.
Champa: Less chaotic than Beerus as he chooses to destroy the offenders and not the bystanders.
Beerus: Was one of the more dangerous once until he met Goku. He is now more benevolent.
Liquir: I say he is more chaotic than Arack but nicer than Beerus.
Sidra: Usually nice, but easily manipulated by his anger or by someone meaner.
Rumshi: I interpreted him as good but he is easily stressed which is why he was rude at the TOP. This is helped because when he interacts with Gowasu he was much nicer and Cus actually cares about him.
Belmod: He sees himself as good but he is not above being sneaky or smug. In the manga he is more villainous.
Gin(?): I think he is vicious but he is nicer than Quitela when he is not doing his job.

Jesus-is Lord
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jesus-is Lord » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:50 am

Waluigiman wrote:Depends, but I will agree that they are mostly neutral.

Champa: Less chaotic than Beerus as he chooses to destroy the offenders and not the bystanders.
Beerus: Was one of the more dangerous once until he met Goku. He is now more benevolent.
Rumshi: I interpreted him as good but he is easily stressed which is why he was rude at the TOP. This is helped because when he interacts with Gowasu he was much nicer and Cus actually cares about him.
Belmod: He sees himself as good but he is not above being sneaky or smug. In the manga he is more villainous.
Gin(?): I think he is vicious but he is nicer than Quitela when he is not doing his job.
Iwen: I agree - Good
Helles: She's seems quite self-absorbed about her "beauty", she's more so neutral.
Mosco: Eh, I say Good.
Arack: Agreed - Good
Champa: He's lazy and sometimes has a little temper and can be mischevious - but overall I say Good. He seems to have some restraint which shows he has a good heart. I say Good.
Berrus: Neutral no doubt. Berrus is about himself, largely. He's lazy and allows guys like Buu and Frieza to ramp wild as long as they don't do anything that really ticks him off.
Liquir: He seems a little naive and sometimes to hasty but overall he's Good
Sidra: He's Good but it just to permissive
Rumshi: Neutral - The dude seems really lazy and way to oblvious to what's going on in his universe, he seems to have an temper overall a demeanor of "I don't care, just don't disturb me in my hobbies". He's like Berrus but not as fiery as berrus. Ruminshi seems like the type of guy to value his hobbies over his actual Job.
Quitela: Neutral/bad - He seems to do whatever he likes. He's like a spoiled bratty kid who gets whatever he wants, when he wants and how he wants. Plus he's one of the strongest gods in the multiverse so he's probably can be a little antagonistic. He defintly won't stop evil if they are of use to him, that's for sure.
Belmod: Truly Neutral - He's neutral in the sense he's 33% Good, 33% Bad, 33% Indiffernt. The rest of the neutrals are usally like 80+% Indiffernt, but belmod I don't think roles that way.
Gin: Good

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:45 am

Neutral.

Beerus expecility states that Hakaishin don't get personally involved in external affairs and/or take sides in conflicts in Resurrection F.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:23 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Neutral.

Beerus expecility states that Hakaishin don't get personally involved in external affairs and/or take sides in conflicts in Resurrection F.
Saving face,lord beerus?
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:53 am

Jesus-is Lord wrote:
Waluigiman wrote:Depends, but I will agree that they are mostly neutral.

Iwen: I agree - Good
Helles: She's seems quite self-absorbed about her "beauty", she's more so neutral.
Mosco: Eh, I say Good.
Arack: Agreed - Good
Champa: He's lazy and sometimes has a little temper and can be mischevious - but overall I say Good. He seems to have some restraint which shows he has a good heart. I say Good.
Berrus: Neutral no doubt. Berrus is about himself, largely. He's lazy and allows guys like Buu and Frieza to ramp wild as long as they don't do anything that really ticks him off.
Liquir: He seems a little naive and sometimes to hasty but overall he's Good
Sidra: He's Good but it just to permissive
Rumshi: Neutral - The dude seems really lazy and way to oblvious to what's going on in his universe, he seems to have an temper overall a demeanor of "I don't care, just don't disturb me in my hobbies". He's like Berrus but not as fiery as berrus. Ruminshi seems like the type of guy to value his hobbies over his actual Job.
Quitela: Neutral/bad - He seems to do whatever he likes. He's like a spoiled bratty kid who gets whatever he wants, when he wants and how he wants. Plus he's one of the strongest gods in the multiverse so he's probably can be a little antagonistic. He defintly won't stop evil if they are of use to him, that's for sure.
Belmod: Truly Neutral - He's neutral in the sense he's 33% Good, 33% Bad, 33% Indiffernt. The rest of the neutrals are usally like 80+% Indiffernt, but belmod I don't think roles that way.
Gin: Good
Yep. Iwen and Arack are least likely to kill us if they were real, I hope not. :shock:

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:23 am

They are meant to be seen as neutral but Beerus' actions for the first half of the series was pretty villainous to me.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:05 am

Beerus was definitely bad.

Master Xar
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Master Xar » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:24 am

Neutral when calm

I’d say all are on a sliding scale from... Neutral Evil to Chaotic Evil when pissed off, at least from what I can guess from Beerus.

The other GoD I can get a good vibe aside from Quitela who’s evil from what I can see...

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:21 am

They are bad with an entire fanbase defending their actions just because the shows says they are neutral.

Beerus acts on a whim. He even acts secretly without his boss knowing what he is doing. That might be Zenou's fault as well but Beerus definitely exploits this until Zenou arrives.
Beerus is hypocritical and breaks the rules of his own lectures by inventing new excuses. Seriously. Zamasu should have the same right then.
Many Gods of Destruction merely earn their respect through fear-inducing and if someone does not respect them they use radical methods to either immediately kill them or get that "respect" through fear, as mentioned before. Like Freeza does.
They treat their Universe Inhabitants like Pawns. Even for Family Quarrel they have no problem using them as pawns and showing that they think of them as pawns, using them as they want, even if it means that they kill them if they are not okay with them.

Most of it comes from Beerus and Champa but those are the Gods that we have seen the most. Some might not be this extreme.

Luckily they are people and thus can change through others but Beerus is one of the typical cases of "we hang out with some guy and accept what he does because we cannot do anything about it anyway and he would kill us if we'd resist, oh, yeah and he acts as if his moody decisions are the "one side of the balance"". If that is how they accept their new friends they might make Cell a Z Senshi because he is also just an arrogant guy who wants good fights but "would destroy the planet if he'd be bored out of any lack of challenge".
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:57 am

They're supposed to be good, I imagine. The ToP arc really hammers home the idea they are supposed to cooperate with the Kaioshin's and humans to make their universes a better place which most of them evidently don't do. Sidra is too nice for his own good which is why he can't destroy things most of the time, this doesn't make him a bad person, it arguably means he's got the biggest conscience out of them all but it makes him bad at his job, doesn't help that his Kaioshin is a bastard.

Beerus and Champa speak for themselves: they're cunts. Massive, massive cunts. Petty, lazy, temperamental morons who only care to indulge themselves and treat people from their universes as disposable pawns. Belmond is still up in the air, I see him get lumped into the more positive GoDs but I don't think he very actively cooperated with humans of his universe until he started to train Toppo as a replacement. His impending retirement also probably factored into him slacking off.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:43 pm

Neutral my ass.

Beerus is the very definition of Chaotic Neutral. Unpredictable, volatile, giving zero f&%ks. The only reason I don't consider him evil is because he doesn't seem to enjoy killing mortal beings.

Champa seems to be chaotic neutral as well, albeit more sneaky and has even less of a moral code.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:46 pm

Beerus and Champa tried to destroy the universe over an argument about cake. How can you destroy the universe and still be considered good? These guys are definitely bad at their jobs, and while they may not be bad people, that makes them a negative force in the universe.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations