How I would have executed Dragon Ball Super

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Re: How I would have executed Dragon Ball Super

Post by Green_Goblin » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:34 am

ricky84 wrote:Instead of nerfing Goku and Vegeta's bases, Toriyama could have just had Whis train all of the Z-fighters instead of just Goku and Vegeta (and make Gohan equal or a little stronger than those 2). That way everyone could be relevant enough to satisfy the whole fandom.

There was nothing wrong with the ToP arc giving the U6 saiyans the focus they got. The Saiyans and half-saiyans as a group are inherently more interesting characters than the rest of the cast. Only Bulma, Piccolo, the Freeza family, some of the androids (17, 18 and 21), Future Mai, Beerus, the Demon family (Dabura, Towa, etc), Whis, Hit, Tapion, Baby, Chronoa, Toppo, Demigra and any version of Zamasu are as interesting as they are.
TOTALLY DISAGREE! The too much focus over Saiyans is what ruined this franchise in my and many others' POV. This franchise only made it to Dragon Ball Z because of the Earthlings related action! Also, forgot to mention that we still haven't seen or heard an explanation for why the much more stronger than post-Raditz death Goku back at the Namek Saga Yamcha, Tien, Chiaotzu and Piccolo hadn't got to learn the Kaioken and/or Spirit Bomb from King Kai. And even Krillin, if that's where he allegedly went after Frieza killed him.
FortuneSSJ wrote:These are the changes I would do:

BOG arc

- Tell the viewer how many years the story takes place after Buu arc, instead of being vague about it.
- Goten and kid Trunks would look older, but still have the same haircuts.
- After Beerus/Whis leave, Vegeta would do the ritual and get SSG too (this is important because Vegeta will have SSG in the new movie).
- Both Goku and Vegeta would train at the same time, because with both having SSG they are around the same level.

ROF arc

- Take the opportunity to explain who Freeza is exactly - His home planet, the official name of his race and the reason why he could improve so much in 4 months.
- Goten and Trunks would be a little taller.
- Instead of Roshi, Yamcha would come to the frontlines. Goten and Kid Trunks too.
- Freeza would mock Goten by saying how he looks exactly like Goku and this would rub Goten the wrong way.
- Gohan would be rusty but still have his Ultimate form. He and Gotenks would push Freeza to his "Final" Form and then Freeza would beat them easily.
- Sorbet's laser scene would happen just like the anime after SSB Goku reverts to Base.
- SSB Vegeta would beat Golden Freeza, Whis would rewind time, but Freeza still wouldn't be killed. After defeating him, Goku impressed by his potential would let him go and ask him to get stronger. Vegeta would be against it, but they decide it with janken.
- Gohan realizes he can't slack off now more than ever, because he has a family to protect and he decides to train again.
- Goten thinks about what Freeza said to him and he decides to cut his hair, getting his EOZ haircut.
- The arcs ends with Goku smiling by seeing how his sons are growing up.

Champa arc

- Buu beats Botamo and loses to Frost. Goku loses to Frost because of his poison needle. Piccolo and Frost double KO each other. They find out what Frost did to Goku and he remains in the Tournament.
- Vegeta vs Cabba last two episodes. The first one ends with Cabba unlocking SSJ and he's defeated in the second episode.
- The rest stays the same.

FT Trunks arc

- The Universe 10 GoD and his Angel are revealed.
- Show more casualties of Goku Black/Zamasu Zero Mortal Plan
- Show more of FT Trunks training with Vegeta in the main timeline before they go back to the Future.
- After seeing SSB Vegeta/SSB Goku/SSR Black, SS Ikari FT Trunks would be associated to a failed attempt of tapping into God ki.
- The second round Vegeta vs Goku Black would go out like the manga with Vegeta using his SSG/SSB strategy.
- Just like the manga, Goku would be the one using the Mafuba.
- Instead of Vegetto appear and diffuse in the same episode, SSB Vegetto vs Merged Zamasu would last one episode and a half to not feel rushed, with FT Trunks defeating Merged Zamasu in the second part of the second episode.
- Ending stays the same.

Universe Survival arc

- Introduce the other GoDs like the manga by showing them in their Universes when Daishinkan summons them, but the Zen Exhibition Matches would be like the anime - Universe 7 vs Universe 9.

- I would tease Kale berserk form during the recruitment episodes, but only show it in ToP. The tease would be done with Caulifla warning Cabba that Kale can be dangerous, when she loses control and there would be a glimpse of that with a flashback. That would be the reason why Renso got his leg injured.

- Cabba would try to teach Caulifla how to unlock SSJ, but Caulifla would surprise him by revealing she can already do it and she's aiming higher (SSJ2).
- Snorlax Buu gag would be used for the first time.
- Goku would meet Freeza not in Hell because he was alive, but on Freeza's home planet.

- Hype the right characters of the other Universes. I wouldn't hype someone like Nigrisshi only to have him defeated right away. I would also show U10 Obuni with his family in order to make his locket scene when Gohan defeats him more touching.

- Replace Roshi with Yamcha and there would be a quick gag with Yamcha using his Rogafufuken against Trio de Dangers.
- There would be a teamwork battle with Krillin, Yamcha and Tenshinhan. The order of elimination of these three would be Krillin - Yamcha - Tenshinhan. The rest would be the same than the anime.
- Universe 6 would eliminate two Universes.
- God Toppo wouldn't spam Hakai and Vegeta wouldn't be able to punch through it. That was stupid.

- When Super Shenlong is summoned, Goku sees Zalama's silhouette.
- There's a small scene where Vegeta is thinking about Kale berserk form and how there was/may be a Saiyan like that in U7 (foreshadowing to Broly Movie).
- The ending stays the same.

I think that's it.
Good suggestions, I liked them all excluding the Goten getting a new hair style, I feel like it's too soon. Maybe after the Universe 6 Tournament or Zamasu Arc it'd be fine. Also, give Chiaotzu to redeem his reputation by kicking Frieza's soldiers back in the ROF retelling.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:13 pm

Green_Goblin wrote:
SSJgogeto wrote:This sounds good, except maybe for Gohan playing 17's role. Also, seems like the guy don't know and/or acknowledge the two bases theory, I wonder what his suggestion would be if he knew that.
"Saiyan Beyond God" was the Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' thing, like the mercenaries Frieza hired in that movie and who weren't even drawn in the anime! If this form was part of Super's canon then Goku wouldn't be going Super Saiyan God to help Hit against Dyspo and Kunshi or to fight Kefla.
Maybe, maybe not. There's a few theories about this, actually.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:19 pm

Green_Goblin wrote:
SSJgogeto wrote:This sounds good, except maybe for Gohan playing 17's role. Also, seems like the guy don't know and/or acknowledge the two bases theory, I wonder what his suggestion would be if he knew that.
"Saiyan Beyond God" was the Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' thing, like the mercenaries Frieza hired in that movie and who weren't even drawn in the anime! If this form was part of Super's canon then Goku wouldn't be going Super Saiyan God to help Hit against Dyspo and Kunshi or to fight Kefla.
More or less yeah. The point is Saiyan Beyond God was retconned from the movies and two base theory is just a bunch of convoluted head canon

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:47 pm

SSJgogeto wrote:
Green_Goblin wrote:
"Saiyan Beyond God" was a Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' thing, like the mercenaries Frieza hired in that movie and who weren't even drawn in the anime! If this form was part of Super's canon then Goku wouldn't be going Super Saiyan God to help Hit against Dyspo and Kunshi or to fight Kefla.
Maybe, maybe not. There's a few theories about this, actually.
Well, these are, as you said yourself, JUST theories.
I'd say that since Super introduced us to Whis' method of not letting your ki leak out, then Goku and Vegeta's base forms at the RoF are only "X+_0%" (some decent tens of perecents addition to given base) rather than "_00%X" or ">X" ( = much more than base/a few times base).

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:52 pm

But that's another theory, you know.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:20 pm

SSJgogeto wrote:But that's another theory, you know.
Duh, I shared mine. If they can, why can't I? ;)

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:48 pm

The file was updated.

Whis

Post by Whis » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:49 am

Makes me think how much Super is overlooking things.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Green_Goblin wrote:Image

So basically that, I know it's in a picture format but it was done originally for this purpose.

Admins and mods - if this should go to the fan art section, I would thank you if you'll move it and won't erase the post, it's important for me to know if people see things the same as I do.
Basically this but as for number 6 of the Tournament of power, to be more especific I will like to have Yamcha be able to do something important like maybe he and the other characters including Bulma protect the earth from some sort of invaders maybe from universe 7 itself or even universe 4. When I was "writing" the tournament of power when I lost acess to the internet I was going to make the universe 7 vs 4 much more climatic and I was going to have Quitela try to mess up the concentration of Beerus or Goku by having some of his unchosen fighters attack earth and even have them destroy the dragonballs or any source of useful material just to screw universe 7. Too bad the anime didn't do anything like that all because of outside stuff that affected it.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:24 pm

Waluigiman wrote:
Green_Goblin wrote:Image

So basically that, I know it's in a picture format but it was done originally for this purpose.

Admins and mods - if this should go to the fan art section, I would thank you if you'll move it and won't erase the post, it's important for me to know if people see things the same as I do.
Basically this but as for number 6 of the Tournament of power, to be more especific I will like to have Yamcha be able to do something important like maybe he and the other characters including Bulma protect the earth from some sort of invaders maybe from universe 7 itself or even universe 4. When I was "writing" the tournament of power when I lost acess to the internet I was going to make the universe 7 vs 4 much more climatic and I was going to have Quitela try to mess up the concentration of Beerus or Goku by having some of his unchosen fighters attack earth and even have them destroy the dragonballs or any source of useful material just to screw universe 7. Too bad the anime didn't do anything like that all because of outside stuff that affected it.
That was EXACTLY my intention in the 6th suggestion over there.

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:01 am

I guess I would have:
- gotten rid of the Yamcha jokes and memes
-had him in the ToP or at least defending earth in filler
- made him, Kuririn, Roshi, Tenshinhan, Piccolo, 18 and Gohan last longer in the Tournament.
-Included filler on Earth (nearly one year without seeing most of my favourite OG DB Earthlings that were not in the tournament wasn't good for me :( ) during that arc.
Maybe had Trunks, Goten, Marron, Chaozu and (if he was still not in the ToP), Yamcha protect 17's island in a sub-arc.
- not have Trunks lose his entire timeline permanently to Zamasu
Wishes she can change her name to YamchaFan (her name everywhere else)
Obssessed with the Earthlings and the original DB anime

YamchaFan's deviantART: https://yamchafan91.deviantart.com/
YamchaFan's Fanart Tumblr: https://yamchafanart.tumblr.com/
YamchaFan's YouTube (where you can see MikuMikuDance Videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/MihoNosaka