How I would have executed Dragon Ball Super

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

How I would have executed Dragon Ball Super

Post by Green_Goblin » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:15 pm

So basically that, I know it's in a picture format but it was done originally for this purpose.

Admins and mods - if this should go to the fan art section, I would thank you if you'll move it and won't erase the post, it's important for me to know if people see things the same as I do.
Last edited by Green_Goblin on Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: How I would have executed Dragon Ball Super

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:27 pm

This sounds good, except maybe for Gohan playing 17's role. Also, seems like the guy don't know and/or acknowledge the two bases theory, I wonder what his suggestion would be if he knew that.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:08 pm

Being cocky is Vegeta's character. Removing that would make him devoid of who he is as a person. Super handled that very well.

Your 2nd point of the RoF arc isn't even a change. That is how it was handled as is. Goku and Vegeta's base were never stronger than SSG during Super' s run.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:25 pm

Instead of nerfing Goku and Vegeta's bases, Toriyama could have just had Whis train all of the Z-fighters instead of just Goku and Vegeta (and make Gohan equal or a little stronger than those 2). That way everyone could be relevant enough to satisfy the whole fandom.

There was nothing wrong with the ToP arc giving the U6 saiyans the focus they got. The Saiyans and half-saiyans as a group are inherently more interesting characters than the rest of the cast. Only Bulma, Piccolo, the Freeza family, some of the androids (17, 18 and 21), Future Mai, Beerus, the Demon family (Dabura, Towa, etc), Whis, Hit, Tapion, Baby, Chronoa, Toppo, Demigra and any version of Zamasu are as interesting as they are.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:31 pm

ricky84 wrote:The Saiyans and half-saiyans as a group are inherently more interesting characters than the rest of the cast.
Funny. I have the exact opposite opinion.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:40 pm

Just a small correction, they explained what Zamasu's vortex was. It was either a rift in dimensions that transcended time and space (that would also explain how Infinite Zamasu was later on able to find his way through the Present timeline) or his own divine anger made manifest. Perhaps it was not a convincing explaination, but at least the writers TRIED to elaborate that concept. Unlike Super Saiyan Rage. Unlike the Sword of Love and Friendship.

Fully agreed on the BETTER POWER SCALING point. It made absolutely no sense that Future Trunks, with the power of two exhausted base form saiyans, a throng of wounded civilians, and garbage like Anrdoid 8, was able to utterly vanquish Fused Zamasu himself.

To add to your points about the Future Trunks arc, I strongly believe that it would have been fanatastic if the writers had expanded upon Zamasu's backstory. Who was that winged pig-like pet that he had when he was the North Kai? Many posters around here claim that Zamasu is a psycopath, unable to care about anyone but himself; And yet he had a pet, and he lived with that MORTAL animal, and thus he deeply loved it. Maybe the conniving mortals killed that pet, who knows. It would have been interesting to discover more about Zamasu's time as North Kai.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:08 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
ricky84 wrote:The Saiyans and half-saiyans as a group are inherently more interesting characters than the rest of the cast.
Then explain why even minor saiyans like Nappa and Raditz have big fan bases, while next to no one cares about characters like Lord Slug or Dodoria.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:16 pm

How I would have executed Dragon Ball Super is with a gun, but your changes are ok.

A few points like Gohan taking #17's place and things taking place during the tournament I don't agree with, but I do wish they would've added more side stories or at least more slice of life as they're my favorite parts of Super.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:07 am

it's quite simple.

the first thing i would've done (as the author) is given an update to everyone on everyon'e power so we know what the deal is

Since super takes place 5 years after Boo i would've given the power scaling like this (using Z's power scaling not super's)

Goku - continues to train his mind and body everyday in hopes of ever catching gohan, who likes to read books instead of fight is still the strongest non fused character in the series. Goku's SSJ3 power can now topple multiple galaxies as with Boo his ssj3 could only destroy 1 galaxy

Vegeta - Never giving up his quest of catching goku, vegeta has done the unthinkable over these past 5 years. He has had good boo "kill him" and has used his time in otherworld and has obtained the SSJ3 transformation. Although he's still weaker than goku and gohan, Vegeta's destructive output can still topple over multiple galaxies like goku can.

Gohan - Still the strongest non fused character on the show, gohan's fighting skills have grown rusty as he traded the gi for the text book. Don't take his kindness for weakness as when he gets angry will power up his mystic form to even greater heights. Although he can no longer go ssj, his mystic form provides to be all of his power released and he's still the strongest in raw power

Trunks & Goten - Fueled by their fathers rivalry and will to fight, goten and trunks perhaps with even more potential than gohan has trained harder than they rever did over these years and now have the ability to go ssj2 even younger than gohan again cell was.

Piccolo - Angry about being left behind powerwise, piccolo set it off to new namek to read a book......

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:45 am

ricky84 wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
Then explain why even minor saiyans like Nappa and Raditz have big fan bases, while next to no one cares about characters like Lord Slug or Dodoria.
I never said nor implied that the saiyans don't have a fandom. I spoke for myself. I don't care about Saiyans and I think they're boring when compared to the human or alien cast. Super Saiyan this, super Saiyan that. Oh, you're SSJ2? Well, tough - I am SSJ3 now. Yawn.
SupremeKai25 wrote:Who was that winged pig-like pet that he had when he was the North Kai? Many posters around here claim that Zamasu is a psycopath, unable to care about anyone but himself; And yet he had a pet, and he lived with that MORTAL animal, and thus he deeply loved it. Maybe the conniving mortals killed that pet, who knows. It would have been interesting to discover more about Zamasu's time as North Kai.
Pretty sure the zero mortal plan never involved unintelligent creatures, flora and fauna. Zamasu's beef was with creatures who gained the ability to form a civilization yet wasted it in order to wage war and kill each other with glee.

And Hitler had a dog he deeply cared about too.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:14 am

I would've had BOG end with Beerus telling Goku he might contact him and Vegeta for something he needs done in U6.

While training with Whis in RF before Freeza is revived, Beerus tells them to not take long as afterwards they'll be going to U6 to deal with what he mentioned earlier. Seconds before Freeza destroys earth, Goku saves Vegeta alongside the others and that's when Beerus tells them what he needs.

The U6 arc starts with everyone going there to deal with the assassinations of important beings by an unknown person for unknown reasons and if Goku and friends take care of it, he'll get the remaining Super dragon balls from Champa and wish earth back. It's learned that the assassinations are being led by Hit and his assassin's, each having completely different abilities. During this arc we'll get to visit Planet Sadal where Vegeta saves the King from Hit's right hand man. After Hit is defeated, he tells them that a Kai from U10 named Zamasu is behind it and that he's causing trouble all over the 12 universes to achieve something called "the 0 mortal plan". As promised, the dragon balls are used to bring back earth but no one can rest as Zamasu could target U7 at anytime so Beerus suggests taking the fight to him in U10.

The Zamasu or U10 arc starts with Beerus trying to reach the pride troopers for potential back up but they already have their hands full with Zamasu's men in U11 so once they arrive in U10 they quickly reach out to the fighters there. Beerus meets with Rumsshi who's aware of the situation and both put a plan together in hopes of stopping Zamasu. Zamasu unfortunately figured out that plan and caught everyone off guard and they barely escape with their lives. Vegeta says those plans are useless and their best option would be to go after Zamasu directly but Rumsshi says no one's sen him in a long time as he's doing everything from behind the scenes. After another encounter with Zamasu's men, they tell Goku and his team to meet Zamasu at a specific place which they tell Beerus about. Rumsshi tells them to go ahead and when they finally arrive, a huge power is felt which everyone assumes is Zamasu but Beerus tells everyone to leave as his worst fear came true, It was Rumsshi. He explains that he's Zamasu but he had his mind switched with Rumsshi 1000 years ago which helped him infiltrate the other universes through U10's relations with them. A massive fight breaks out between Rumsshi and Beerus in which Beerus is completely defeated. Goku and everyone try to fight but it's no use and just as Rumsshi gets ready to deal the final blow, Toppo and the pride Troopers arrive. Beerus tells them to stand back as Toppo is U11's destroyer candidate. The fight between Toppo and Rumsshi begins and although it starts out with both equal, Rumsshi begins to gain the upper hand which forces Toppo to go into his destroyer mode and finally kill him after a long battle. Goku is amazed at Toppo's power but he drops a bombshell by telling everyone he's not even close to Jiren's level, something which Beerus thought to only be a rumor. Goku wants to fight him then thinks about having a tournament between U7, U6, U10 and U11. Beerus and Toppo think it could be fun so they tell Goku they'll ask the being above them, Zeno, if such an even can be held and with that the U10 arc concludes.

The Tournament of power starts with Zeno meeting with the 4 universes' destroyers to discuss this potential tournament and after the rules are set, Zeno agrees. Beerus goes to earth to explain the tournament, each universe will have 10 fighters for a total of 40 fighters. The fights will be 1VS1 but 2VS2 can happen if both destroyers agree to it. No one's allowed to kill and a fighter is out if dropped out of the ring or passes out. Goku manages to only find 7 fighters but Vegeta has an idea for the 8th one but he won't tell them about it. He asks Bulma to figure out a way to track down Freeza as he doesn't think the Planet's explosion did him in. Once detected, Vegeta goes off to bring Freeza on the team but only after he settles his fight with him. A massive fight breaks out between them in which Freeza's defeated in. Vegeta tells him about the tournament and he can either do that or die then and there. Freeza of course agrees but says they're still short on fighters as they just have 9. Once they get back, everyone surprised to see Freeza and more so that he agreed to take part in the tournament but just as Vegeta had a surprise for them, they had one for him, Future Trunks. While Vegeta was away, Bulma tested out the time machine she was working on and not only managed to meet her older self but also bring Trunks back with her. Trunks explains that it's the least he could do after everything they did for him and that it'd be a great chance for him to test out his new powers that he got through training with the Kais. Everyone goes to the world of void and the tournament begins.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:30 am

sintzu wrote:I would've had BOG end with Beerus telling Goku he might contact him and Vegeta for something he needs done in U6.

While training with Whis in RF before Freeza is revived, Beerus tells them to not take long as afterwards they'll be going to U6 to deal with what he mentioned earlier. Seconds before Freeza destroys earth, Goku saves Vegeta alongside the others and that's when Beerus tells them what he needs.

The U6 arc starts with everyone going there to deal with the assassinations of important beings by an unknown person for unknown reasons and if Goku and friends take care of it, he'll get the remaining Super dragon balls from Champa and wish earth back. It's learned that the assassinations are being led by Hit and his assassin's, each having completely different abilities. During this arc we'll get to visit Planet Sadal where Vegeta saves the King from Hit's right hand man. After Hit is defeated, he tells them that a Kai from U10 named Zamasu is behind it and that he's causing trouble all over the 12 universes to achieve something called "the 0 mortal plan". As promised, the dragon balls are used to bring back earth but no one can rest as Zamasu could target U7 at anytime so Beerus suggests taking the fight to him in U10.

The Zamasu or U10 arc starts with Beerus trying to reach the pride troopers for potential back up but they already have their hands full with Zamasu's men in U11 so once they arrive in U10 they quickly reach out to the fighters there. Beerus meets with Rumsshi who's aware of the situation and both put a plan together in hopes of stopping Zamasu. Zamasu unfortunately figured out that plan and caught everyone off guard and they barely escape with their lives. Vegeta says those plans are useless and their best option would be to go after Zamasu directly but Rumsshi says no one's sen him in a long time as he's doing everything from behind the scenes. After another encounter with Zamasu's men, they tell Goku and his team to meet Zamasu at a specific place which they tell Beerus about. Rumsshi tells them to go ahead and when they finally arrive, a huge power is felt which everyone assumes is Zamasu but Beerus tells everyone to leave as his worst fear came true, It was Rumsshi. He explains that he's Zamasu but he had his mind switched with Rumsshi 1000 years ago which helped him infiltrate the other universes through U10's relations with them. A massive fight breaks out between Rumsshi and Beerus in which Beerus is completely defeated. Goku and everyone try to fight but it's no use and just as Rumsshi gets ready to deal the final blow, Toppo and the pride Troopers arrive. Beerus tells them to stand back as Toppo is U11's destroyer candidate. The fight between Toppo and Rumsshi begins and although it starts out with both equal, Rumsshi begins to gain the upper hand which forces Toppo to go into his destroyer mode and finally kill him after a long battle. Goku is amazed at Toppo's power but he drops a bombshell by telling everyone he's not even close to Jiren's level, something which Beerus thought to only be a rumor. Goku wants to fight him then thinks about having a tournament between U7, U6, U10 and U11. Beerus and Toppo think it could be fun so they tell Goku they'll ask the being above them, Zeno, if such an even can be held and with that the U10 arc concludes.
Many good ideas there. Really nice way of intertwining the arcs together and many solid corrections on the canon, although Mirai Trunks missing feels a bit weird. But the gang willing to go space adventure while the Earth is destroyed and Frieza ohohohoes with impunity rubs me the wrong way.
sintzu wrote:The Tournament of power starts with Zeno meeting with the 4 universes' destroyers to discuss this potential tournament and after the rules are set, Zeno agrees. Beerus goes to earth to explain the tournament, each universe will have 10 fighters for a total of 40 fighters. The fights will be 1VS1 but 2VS2 can happen if both destroyers agree to it. No one's allowed to kill and a fighter is out if dropped out of the ring or passes out. Goku manages to only find 7 fighters but Vegeta has an idea for the 8th one but he won't tell them about it. He asks Bulma to figure out a way to track down Freeza as he doesn't think the Planet's explosion did him in. Once detected, Vegeta goes off to bring Freeza on the team but only after he settles his fight with him. A massive fight breaks out between them in which Freeza's defeated in. Vegeta tells him about the tournament and he can either do that or die then and there. Freeza of course agrees but says they're still short on fighters as they just have 9. Once they get back, everyone surprised to see Freeza and more so that he agreed to take part in the tournament but just as Vegeta had a surprise for them, they had one for him, Future Trunks. While Vegeta was away, Bulma tested out the time machine she was working on and not only managed to meet her older self but also bring Trunks back with her. Trunks explains that it's the least he could do after everything they did for him and that it'd be a great chance for him to test out his new powers that he got through training with the Kais. Everyone goes to the world of void and the tournament begins.
This is a no no. For starters, Vegeta would never, ever consider Frieza as a fighter for the ToP - he would never ask for his aid or cooperation. Vegeta wants Frieza dead and buried, and Frieza successfully blowing up the Earth wouldn't make him reconsider. If anything, it would solidify his belief that Frieza is evil incarnate and needs to stay dead. I understand you need your Vegeta win against Frieza, but this is an extremely fan-service-y way of achieving it. At that point in your draft, Goku and Vegeta need to swap places - Vegeta should scout for the Earth fighters (and think of Mirai Trunks) and Goku should think of Frieza. It makes no sense for Vegeta to not think of his progeny as a solid candidate. Also, how will Beerus react to Bulma resorting to Time Travel in order to find Mirai Trunks?

Which creates a huge loophole: If Beerus will somehow agree to Time Travel in order to find fighters, why not travel to nine different days ago and bring nine Gokus instead of Trunks, Frieza and all the others?

And another small loophole: If Frieza won against the Z fighters, he has no reason to do image training and upgrade his Golden form to conserve stamina. He won, he killed them (in his mind), ergo he has no reason to be better.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:35 am

Pretty sure the zero mortal plan never involved unintelligent creatures, flora and fauna. Zamasu's beef was with creatures who gained the ability to form a civilization yet wasted it in order to wage war and kill each other with glee.
No, of course it wasn't against nature itself, but Zamasu clearly didn't have a high opinion of animals, if he decided to denigrate saiyans by calling them "animals".

I was alluding to a more sombre backstory. What if a mortal horribly killed his beloved pet. It would make his hatred much more understandable, if he had lost the only "family" that he had to the barbarism of mortal scum. He would have understood firsthand what it means to love someone, to truly love someone, and then watch as that loved one is taken away from him by warlike mortals.
And Hitler had a dog he deeply cared about too.
Indeed. And Vegeta was Monkey Hitler, yet he was redeemed and joined the protagonists. Frieza was Space Hitler, yet he was forgiven and allowed to roam free after he upheld his end of the bargain,

Soul Breaker

Post by Soul Breaker » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:55 am

sintzu wrote: The U6 arc starts with everyone going there to deal with the assassinations of important beings by an unknown person for unknown reasons and if Goku and friends take care of it, he'll get the remaining Super dragon balls from Champa and wish earth back. It's learned that the assassinations are being led by Hit and his assassin's, each having completely different abilities. During this arc we'll get to visit Planet Sadal where Vegeta saves the King from Hit's right hand man. After Hit is defeated, he tells them that a Kai from U10 named Zamasu is behind it and that he's causing trouble all over the 12 universes to achieve something called "the 0 mortal plan". As promised, the dragon balls are used to bring back earth but no one can rest as Zamasu could target U7 at anytime so Beerus suggests taking the fight to him in U10.
So pretty much Hit's filler arc from the anime is what I'm thinking. Anyways, nice set up! One problem though...the Zamasu problem started in Future Trunks' world. I really dig the idea but, you're getting rid of what made the arcs unique. It's like now, the Universe 6 arc is filler and Zamasu's story is a Pride Trooper story? (This one's a real mess) Pretty much making the Universe Survival arc...Zamasu's arc. (In a way.)
sintzu wrote:The Zamasu or U10 arc starts with Beerus trying to reach the pride troopers for potential back up but they already have their hands full with Zamasu's men in U11 so once they arrive in U10 they quickly reach out to the fighters there.
This is still just my opinion(and mine only, everyone is different) BUT, wasn't it stated that every universe other than 10 dislikes Beerus? Besides, they'd be too busy protecting their own world from those aliens!

Lastly, for the Universe Survival arc, there's no tension! 1v1s and 2v2s once again get rid of what little uniqueness this arc had. Without that, this arc is the Universe 6 arc over again. Which...works in your version. Wow. The story needs a little work but sounds like a fun ride!

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:41 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:What if a mortal horribly killed his beloved pet. It would make his hatred much more understandable, if he had lost the only "family" that he had to the barbarism of mortal scum. He would have understood firsthand what it means to love someone, to truly love someone, and then watch as that loved one is taken away from him by warlike mortals.
Ugh - entire universes destroyed because someone killed his dog? … Then again, we *are* talking about a series where a planet was destroyed because of a pillow, so … why not. But canon Zamasu is a crusader (in his head). Yours is a vigilante (of cosmic proportions).

And besides, even if he did go nuts because someone Kicked The Dog, the fandom would still bitch about it because "LULZ, DEY COPEE THE BUU SAGA TOO!? LULZ, FAIL!!"
SupremeKai25 wrote:And Vegeta was Monkey Hitler, yet he was redeemed and joined the protagonists. Frieza was Space Hitler, yet he was forgiven and allowed to roam free after he upheld his end of the bargain,
This is completely irrelevant to my point.

My point was that just because someone has a dog doesn't mean he's a good person. Dr Claw had a cat. S.P.E.C.T.E.R.'s Number One had a cat. Hitler had a dog. None of these figures had any redeeming qualities in fiction or history whatsoever. Which is why Zamasu having a dog doesn't redeem his personality in the slightest. His only redeeming quality was his reaction to seeing Black killing his mentor and his slight hesitation in accepting the earring.

Anyway, we're going off topic here.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:56 am

Nickolaidas wrote:Goku and Vegeta need to swap places - Vegeta should scout for the Earth fighters (and think of Mirai Trunks) and Goku should think of Frieza.

If Beerus will somehow agree to Time Travel in order to find fighters, why not travel to nine different days ago and bring nine Gokus instead of Trunks, Frieza and all the others?

If Frieza won against the Z fighters, he has no reason to do image training and upgrade his Golden form to conserve stamina.
Goku and Vegeta switching does sound better as we could potentially get some scenes with him and Future Bulma.

Vegeta and Bulma would do this while he's meeting with Zeno about the tournament so he wouldn't know about it till it's too late.

Even if he doesn't do that, Goku would still take his help as even with the stamina issues he was still very powerful.
Soul Breaker wrote:One problem though...the Zamasu problem started in Future Trunks' world. I really dig the idea but, you're getting rid of what made the arcs unique.

It's like now, the Universe 6 arc is filler and Zamasu's story is a Pride Trooper story? (This one's a real mess) Pretty much making the Universe Survival arc...Zamasu's arc. (In a way.)

Wasn't it stated that every universe other than 10 dislikes Beerus ?

For the Universe Survival arc, there's no tension! 1v1s and 2v2s once again get rid of what little uniqueness this arc had.

Wow. The story needs a little work but sounds like a fun ride!
I had to pick between limiting it to future Trunks' world or exploring U10 which I think is a better idea in order to introduce potential tournament fighters and visit somewhere completely new.

Zamasu's arc is to show how far Goku and his friends have to go before they can be in the destroyers' league and to establish the pride troopers for later.

The pride troopers help everyone, even if their destroyer has issues with the other universes.

It won't be the most unique way of doing things but I wanted to focus more on the characters, something that's not very easy when everyone's fighting at the same time.

It needs a lot of work, I made the whole thing up in 10 or so minutes off the top of my head. :lol: I'm glad you and Nickolaida liked some of my ideas. :mrgreen:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:10 am

Ugh - entire universes destroyed because someone killed his dog?
Yes, just like half a planet, which means billions of innocents, were destroyed because Beerus didn't like the food cooked there.
But canon Zamasu is a crusader (in his head). Yours is a vigilante (of cosmic proportions).
To tell the truth, I don't think that Zamasu needed such expansion on his backstory. Even in canon he had very valid reasons to hate mortals, which I am not going to explain now. But since the manga introduced that winged pig-like pet, I wanted to know what was the deal with him.

My point was that just because someone has a dog doesn't mean he's a good person. Dr Claw had a cat. S.P.E.C.T.E.R.'s Number One had a cat. Hitler had a dog. None of these figures had any redeeming qualities in fiction or history whatsoever. Which is why Zamasu having a dog doesn't redeem his personality in the slightest. His only redeeming quality was his reaction to seeing Black killing his mentor and his slight hesitation in accepting the earring.
I didn't say that having a dog would make him a good person or a redeemable character (but if Emperor of Evil Frieza can be allowed to fight alongside Goku and co., then excuse me, EVERY CHARACTER in Dragon Ball is ultimately redeemable), I'm just saying that something tragic could have happened to his pet, something that twisted Zamasu's view of mortals.

Zamasu originally had a good heart, a pure heart. He was good, he was not born evil, he was not a Makaioshin. Something grave must have happened to start his descent into madness.

MrTennek
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrTennek » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:13 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:
Ugh - entire universes destroyed because someone killed his dog?
Yes, just like half a planet, which means billions of innocents, were destroyed because Beerus didn't like the food cooked there.
But canon Zamasu is a crusader (in his head). Yours is a vigilante (of cosmic proportions).
To tell the truth, I don't think that Zamasu needed such expansion on his backstory. Even in canon he had very valid reasons to hate mortals, which I am not going to explain now. But since the manga introduced that winged pig-like pet, I wanted to know what was the deal with him.

I didn't say that having a dog would make him a good person or a redeemable character (but if Emperor of Evil Frieza can be allowed to fight alongside Goku and co., then excuse me, EVERY CHARACTER in Dragon Ball is ultimately redeemable), I'm just saying that something tragic could have happened to his pet, something that twisted Zamasu's view of mortals.

Zamasu originally had a good heart, a pure heart. He was good, he was not born evil, he was not a Makaioshin. Something grave must have happened to start his descent into madness.
Speaking of a "descent into madness"...

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:34 pm

SSJgogeto wrote:This sounds good, except maybe for Gohan playing 17's role. Also, seems like the guy don't know and/or acknowledge the two bases theory, I wonder what his suggestion would be if he knew that.
"Saiyan Beyond God" was the Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' thing, like the mercenaries Frieza hired in that movie and who weren't even drawn in the anime! If this form was part of Super's canon then Goku wouldn't be going Super Saiyan God to help Hit against Dyspo and Kunshi or to fight Kefla.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:05 pm

These are the changes I would do:

BOG arc

- Tell the viewer how many years the story takes place after Buu arc, instead of being vague about it.
- Goten and kid Trunks would look older, but still have the same haircuts.
- After Beerus/Whis leave, Vegeta would do the ritual and get SSG too (this is important because Vegeta will have SSG in the new movie).
- Both Goku and Vegeta would train at the same time, because with both having SSG they are around the same level.

ROF arc

- Take the opportunity to explain who Freeza is exactly - His home planet, the official name of his race and the reason why he could improve so much in 4 months.
- Goten and Trunks would be a little taller.
- Instead of Roshi, Yamcha would come to the frontlines. Goten and Kid Trunks too.
- Freeza would mock Goten by saying how he looks exactly like Goku and this would rub Goten the wrong way.
- Gohan would be rusty but still have his Ultimate form. He and Gotenks would push Freeza to his "Final" Form and then Freeza would beat them easily.
- Sorbet's laser scene would happen just like the anime after SSB Goku reverts to Base.
- SSB Vegeta would beat Golden Freeza, Whis would rewind time, but Freeza still wouldn't be killed. After defeating him, Goku impressed by his potential would let him go and ask him to get stronger. Vegeta would be against it, but they decide it with janken.
- Gohan realizes he can't slack off now more than ever, because he has a family to protect and he decides to train again.
- Goten thinks about what Freeza said to him and he decides to cut his hair, getting his EOZ haircut.
- The arcs ends with Goku smiling by seeing how his sons are growing up.

Champa arc

- Buu beats Botamo and loses to Frost. Goku loses to Frost because of his poison needle. Piccolo and Frost double KO each other. They find out what Frost did to Goku and he remains in the Tournament.
- Vegeta vs Cabba last two episodes. The first one ends with Cabba unlocking SSJ and he's defeated in the second episode.
- The rest stays the same.

FT Trunks arc

- The Universe 10 GoD and his Angel are revealed.
- Show more casualties of Goku Black/Zamasu Zero Mortal Plan
- Show more of FT Trunks training with Vegeta in the main timeline before they go back to the Future.
- After seeing SSB Vegeta/SSB Goku/SSR Black, SS Ikari FT Trunks would be associated to a failed attempt of tapping into God ki.
- The second round Vegeta vs Goku Black would go out like the manga with Vegeta using his SSG/SSB strategy.
- Just like the manga, Goku would be the one using the Mafuba.
- Instead of Vegetto appear and diffuse in the same episode, SSB Vegetto vs Merged Zamasu would last one episode and a half to not feel rushed, with FT Trunks defeating Merged Zamasu in the second part of the second episode.
- Ending stays the same.

Universe Survival arc

- Introduce the other GoDs like the manga by showing them in their Universes when Daishinkan summons them, but the Zen Exhibition Matches would be like the anime - Universe 7 vs Universe 9.

- I would tease Kale berserk form during the recruitment episodes, but only show it in ToP. The tease would be done with Caulifla warning Cabba that Kale can be dangerous, when she loses control and there would be a glimpse of that with a flashback. That would be the reason why Renso got his leg injured.

- Cabba would try to teach Caulifla how to unlock SSJ, but Caulifla would surprise him by revealing she can already do it and she's aiming higher (SSJ2).
- Snorlax Buu gag would be used for the first time.
- Goku would meet Freeza not in Hell because he was alive, but on Freeza's home planet.

- Hype the right characters of the other Universes. I wouldn't hype someone like Nigrisshi only to have him defeated right away. I would also show U10 Obuni with his family in order to make his locket scene when Gohan defeats him more touching.

- Replace Roshi with Yamcha and there would be a quick gag with Yamcha using his Rogafufuken against Trio de Dangers.
- There would be a teamwork battle with Krillin, Yamcha and Tenshinhan. The order of elimination of these three would be Krillin - Yamcha - Tenshinhan. The rest would be the same than the anime.
- Universe 6 would eliminate two Universes.
- God Toppo wouldn't spam Hakai and Vegeta wouldn't be able to punch through it. That was stupid.

- When Super Shenlong is summoned, Goku sees Zalama's silhouette.
- There's a small scene where Vegeta is thinking about Kale berserk form and how there was/may be a Saiyan like that in U7 (foreshadowing to Broly Movie).
- The ending stays the same.

I think that's it.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.