Who from the Main Cast would make a good God of Destruction?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Re: Who from the Main Cast would make a good God of Destruction?

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:57 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
Lionel wrote:So out of everyone mentioned, the characters with the strongest conceivable likelihood for becoming Hakaishin would be Piccolo and #18, in my opinion.
Nah. #18 would eventually terrorize civilizations to give her all their money otherwise she would threaten them with Hakai. As for Piccolo, he was Kami, I don't see him making such a face/heel turn.

Some have suggested Roshi, but clever kings could easily bribe him with prostitutes in order to leave their planet alone.
That was a bad joke, partly based on some rather eyescratching action recently ...

Honestly i would be more than pleased if they would do something descent plotwise with the existing Gods besides Beerus.
There doesn't need to be a new God as far i'm concerned. The most logical candidates within the Goku-gang would probably be Vegeta, Freeza and Piccolo, but would it fit a good story?

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:04 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
Lionel wrote:So out of everyone mentioned, the characters with the strongest conceivable likelihood for becoming Hakaishin would be Piccolo and #18, in my opinion.
Nah. #18 would eventually terrorize civilizations to give her all their money otherwise she would threaten them with Hakai. As for Piccolo, he was Kami, I don't see him making such a face/heel turn.

Some have suggested Roshi, but clever kings could easily bribe him with prostitutes in order to leave their planet alone.
That was a bad joke from my part, partly based on some rather eyescratching action recently ...

Honestly i would be pleased if they would do something descent plotwise with the existing Gods besides Beerus.
There doesn't need to be new God. The most logical candidates would probably be Vegeta, Freeza and Piccolo, but would it make for a good story?
I know I'm a Frieza fanboy (so obviously I'm biased), but Frieza becoming GoD and living with Whis would make some interesting interactions with Goku and Vegeta. Frieza may end up training with them, order them to check out threats to U7, create tension between the Universes and have Goku and Vegeta clean up his mess (while secretly plotting their deaths) or even embrace the responsibility and become True Neutral in alignment.

Just for the lulz, it would be awesome if Vegeta would be 'forced' to address him once more as Frieza-Sama because of his position in the pecking order (although by then the Saiyan duo may have surpassed the GsoD by a mile). Or pave the way to overthrow Zeno and force Goku to face him in one reality-bending final battle where the very notion of creation and destruction is at stake.

The possibilities are endless.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:

Piccolo wasn’t God of the earth. Kami-sama was

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:29 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:Most actual Hakaishin aren't even good at their jobs, nevermind the main cast. People keep mentioning Freeza, a character more interested in personal gain than any responsibility to the universe; if that's the best choice the fanbase can muster, the obvious answer is "no one".

Maybe Piccolo would be a decent candidate if he was strong enough, but that's about it.
This is a pretty fair answer. I think no one fits very well.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:40 pm

Meshack wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:

It could be argued that since he fused with Kami, he absorbed his memories (as he did with Nail), ergo he has done time as Kami (remember his reaction when Gotenks crashed the temple?).

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:01 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
Meshack wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:

It could be argued that since he fused with Kami, he absorbed his memories (as he did with Nail), ergo he has done time as Kami (remember his reaction when Gotenks crashed the temple?).
Who said that reaction was because Kami-sama was God of the Earth? Also, just because Piccolo fused with Nail doesn’t make him Nail. Same with Kami-sama.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:11 am

Meshack wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
Meshack wrote: Piccolo wasn’t God of the earth. Kami-sama was
Who said that reaction was because Kami-sama was God of the Earth? Also, just because Piccolo fused with Nail doesn’t make him Nail. Same with Kami-sama.
Piccolo kept mumbling 'my temple' as he saw Gotenks ruining it. Why would he call the temple 'his' since he was never God of Earth? Because at that point he had fully assimilated Kami's memories and considered them his. So it's natural to assume that in his head, he has done 'time' as Kami.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:44 am

From the main cast? Depends on the language

Probably Jason Douglas or Jason Liebrecht for FUNimation's dub, for the original Japanese; Koichi Yamadera or Mitsuo Iwata.

If you're not talking about the cast, but the main characters? None of the main protagonist characters would work as a God of Destruction. Goku wouldn't want the responsibility or having to kill all the people, and Vegeta's lessened his desire for destruction since his introduction.

If we're talking main villains; then Frieza would be a good pick.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:07 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
Meshack wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
Piccolo kept mumbling 'my temple' as he saw Gotenks ruining it. Why would he call the temple 'his' since he was never God of Earth? Because at that point he had fully assimilated Kami's memories and considered them his. So it's natural to assume that in his head, he has done 'time' as Kami.
I don’t remember that moment of Piccolo mumbling that but if you can show me then you won.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:22 am

I think Vegeta or Piccolo. Neither of them have any qualms about killing, but they're both mature enough that they would do the job diligently and not abuse their power, which is actually more than you could say for Beerus.

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:48 am

Another vote for Piccolo.
He won't destroy planets by silly reasons (Buu,...Beerus itself) or out of cruelty (Freeza), but he won't hesitate about carrying out his job when needed. He has a longer lifespan than most of the cast, so after Pan dies of old age or even before he can leave Earth and assume the hakai mantle. Of course he is too weak for that, but some decades under Whiz training should solve that.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:25 am

Meshack wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
Meshack wrote: Who said that reaction was because Kami-sama was God of the Earth? Also, just because Piccolo fused with Nail doesn’t make him Nail. Same with Kami-sama.
I don’t remember that moment of Piccolo mumbling that but if you can show me then you won.
http://mangareader.info/manga/dragon-ba ... l_screen=1

It's not the exact scene I was talking about, but Piccolo sees Super Boo and says "My temple …" "What did you do to the people here?"

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:34 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
Meshack wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:

It's not the exact scene I was talking about, but Piccolo sees Super Boo and says "My temple …" "What did you do to the people here?"
Horrible quality scans and I found another translation that says “The temple...” so unless you give me the Japanese then...

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:10 pm

Hopefully Yamcha just to teach his "friends" a lesson about losing his respect. :lol:

Actually I think Frieza or Broly can do it. Whis and the higher authority will keep a leash on them.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:49 pm

Meshack wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
Meshack wrote: I don’t remember that moment of Piccolo mumbling that but if you can show me then you won.

Horrible quality scans and I found another translation that says “The temple...” so unless you give me the Japanese then...
Can I see the scan where he says "The temple"?

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:05 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
Meshack wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:

Can I see the scan where he says "The temple"?
It’s on Kissmanga but since I don’t have the energy to get up to look at my Japanese version to see what’s goin on, I would like you to find the Japanese for me.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:27 am

I wouldn't know where to look for the japanese manga.

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:43 am

Piccolo or Vegeta

Frieza's too much of a wilcard and would abuse his power and probably try to kill his angel :lol:

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:54 pm

I actually hope that (if DBS returns) that by the end of it, Vegeta is anointed the God of Destruction for Universe 7. His characteristics make him perfect for the role and he'd do a much better job than Beerus does. Vegeta is responsible so he wouldn't slack on the job. And I think he's developed a good sense of right vs wrong so he wouldn't destroy on a whim because he won't kill nonsensically over food or absurd things like that. Prince Vegeta would finally fill the kind of position he's capable of doing.
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16