Oozaru and Giant Foes

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

Oozaru and Giant Foes

Post by Xeztin » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:14 pm

Does anyone miss the unpredicatblility of Oozaru? The idea of one reverting to his primal instincts? I feel like Goku and Vegeta (Saiyan’s in general) were more feared when they could transform into Oozaru than they are now. Especially Goku as a kid, he terrified even his friends when he transformed because he lost control. All of the Kanba/Broly material thats being introduced gives me the feeling we’re going to see A re-introduction of the Saiyan tail especially if we’re going into the idea of “ancient Saiyans” and the roots of lore. I miss the days of giant foes such as some of the movie villians or Oozaru itself. You’re probably going to fear a giant monkey or monster more than a humanoid appearance with blue hair even though Blue is of course stronger. The first idea that probably comes to mind is SSJ4 and how he gained it by controlling his Golden Oozaru state though I think the DB room and Toriyama could come up with something different, and scarier. After all a mortal with the power of a God is terrifying, but a beastly giant or humanoid/Half Oozaru appearance with no control over himself is probably scarrier. (Especially with God strength) what fo you guys think? Would you like to see a re-introduction and use of the tail similar to SSJ4? Some state that causes our cast to loose control and becomes dangerous to use? Or if not tails the re-introduction of Giant enimies? I think if Goku lost control of himself when he transformed into a state, he’d only use it when he had too, which would make it special.

Also since practically every Saiyan has SSJ1 and 2 or access to fusion, a tail would be more rare and special like SSJ used to be.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Oozaru and Giant Foes

Post by Xeogran » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:22 pm

I hope so. In fact, the focus on Broly's tail in the M20 Trailer makes me feel like it's going to play a role again.

Maybe Oozaru Broly could be the final boss of the movie, after all it's common for giant opponents to be the most threatening forms in general.

[spoiler]And why do I feel that he will accidentally kill Chelye (green girl) :cry:
It would lead to a sad scene and maybe the start of Broly's redemption.[/spoiler]

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:22 pm

Xeogran wrote:I hope so. In fact, the focus on Broly's tail in the M20 Trailer makes me feel like it's going to play a role again.

Maybe Oozaru Broly could be the final boss of the movie, after all it's common for giant opponents to be the most threatening forms in general.

[spoiler]And why do I feel that he will accidentally kill Chelye (green girl) :cry:
It would lead to a sad scene and maybe the start of Broly's redemption.[/spoiler]
What? There is no focus on his tail. We’s only ever seen the tail once in some promotional material back when we didn’t know it was Broly.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:36 pm

Nothing you said about Oozaru resonates with me, but I think tails just look better so I want them back for that.

As for giant enemies in general...hate them. They never feel like real fights to me.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:42 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Xeogran wrote:I hope so. In fact, the focus on Broly's tail in the M20 Trailer makes me feel like it's going to play a role again.

What? There is no focus on his tail. We’s only ever seen the tail once in some promotional material back when we didn’t know it was Broly.
I was thinking about the scene with baby Broly at the last seconds of the trailer. They focused on his tail for no real reason?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:29 am

Xeogran wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

I was thinking about the scene with baby Broly at the last seconds of the trailer. They focused on his tail for no real reason?
OH. I dont think that was focusing on the tail but more focusing on the baby in general
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:48 pm

Oozaru vs Anilaza in the ToP would've been cool
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:57 pm

I love giant enemies because they can make for really nice 'Slay the Dragon' episodes. Anilaza's rocked.