Ancient Saiyan Theories

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

Ancient Saiyan Theories

Post by Xeztin » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:02 pm

Since Dragon Ball legends, theories are that Ancient Saiyan’s like Cumba/Kanba and Shallot along with the Saiyan in Red are all connnected. Universe 6 had Yamoshi and his band of good hearted Saiyan’s win while Universe 7 had the Evil Saiyan’s win. There is obviously distinct traits between Ancient and Modern Saiyan’s. Ancient Saiyan’s seem to have these black haired full power base states and develop pupils. They also seem to have distinct coloured Oozaru states. In DB Legends, the Saiyan in Red referred to Goku as the blood of the tainted and Shallot the blood of the defeated. It almost seems like there wasn’t just a civil war among the Saiyan’s in ancient times but almost as if their planet and population were broke up into two distinct tribes. (Evil and Pure hearted.) Given Kanba’s reaction to Goku’s SSG state I think it’s safe to say he was one of the Saiyan’s that battled Yamoshi. I think Shallot was one of the Pure Hearted Saiyan’s that followed Yamoshi and Kanba was either the leader or a team mate on the evil Saiyan’s side. It also seemed according to Universe 6 that pure hearted Saiyan’s did not rely or want their tails/Oozaru. It seems that all of Universe 7’s Modern Saiyan’s are descendents of either Kanba or his evil Saiyan leader at the time including Goku and Broly, while Universe 6 is descendents of Yamoshi and the good hearted Saiyans. I think Broly is an ancient Saiyan as well probably not as old as Kanba but more direct descendant, probably one of the last few holding ancient Saiyan traits in modern times. My question is, if the evil Saiyan’s like Kanba/Cumba won, how did they fall out of power and why did their power degrade over time? Was there interference long before Freeza? Did Beerus or a previous God of Destruction meddle in their affairs? It seem’s Saiyan’s were a force to be dealt with in ancient times if Kanba and Broly are anything to go by, especially to the Gods like Beerus. What do you guys think happened? Why were some Saiyan’s good and some evil? will our questions be awnsered?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Ancient Saiyan Theories

Post by shadowfox87 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:25 am

I like this theory and it is pretty much the theory I've had for a while. The point I disagree with is Broly being an ancient Saiyan. He's simply the legendary Saiyan of Universe 7 while Kale is the legendary Saiyan of Universe 6. Cumber is one of the evil Saiyans on Planet Sadala that fought against Yamoshi. I'm quite sure that Fu modified him to become strong. He wasn't this strong originally. The Red Hooded Saiyan believed in strength and power, so he hated Saiyans that were good (blood of the tainted) or Saiyans that were weak (blood of the defeated). He joined in the war against the good Saiyans.

In the scenario you proposed where the Evil Saiyans won in Universe 7, Planet Sadala exploded. The resulting war and the explosion may have also killed the Evil Saiyans along with many good ones. The surviving Saiyans escaped on a ship and drifted in space for hundreds of years until they landed on Planet Plant. Here, the descendants of King Vegeta's line helped establish rule over the planet. Given that they wanted to conquer worlds even before they met Freeza, we can assume that Vegeta's line was descendant from the Evil Saiyans. There weren't any righteous hearted Saiyans until maybe Bardock who gained a gentle heart due to his love for Gine. This caused Goku to also inherit the S-cells that Bardock and Gine had. I'm quite sure that Beerus did not meddle in their affairs. The Saiyan race destroyed itself through war. The original Super Saiyan of legend may have been Yamoshi or it could be Cumber. A thousand years later, Broly was born. King Vegeta tried to order the execution of Broly but Paragus saved him. Freeza hired Paragus as a scientist and stationed him on one of his planets. There, Paragus and his son lived hidden. Paragus used his technology to dampen Broly's power and mind control him, which was Freeza's task appointed to Paragus so that one day, Freeza may be able to control all the Saiyans.

In the second scenario, in Universe 6, the good Saiyans won or somehow peace was established and war was stopped. Planet Sadala didn't explode. As Saiyans evolved, tails became more recessive until they were gone. The gentle environment of Sadala caused more S-cells in the average Saiyan but they never became enraged enough to turn into a Super Saiyan. A thousand years later, Kale was born. Her family feared her battle power and abandoned her on the streets. She became an orphan until she was found by Caulifla.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:46 pm

Basically everything said here is stuff I’ve also put together in my head so thats how you know great minds think alike. Now, bragging aside, I wish the video game story’s were all connected in someway. And i was the DBS movie covered the Sadala history because at this rate, it doesn’t seem like that will be the case
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:52 pm

Interesting theory, though i don't think they are going to incorporate all of that in the movie

Post by #17 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:13 pm

IWhile Kanba and Shallot can be still non canon... It is easy to put the ancient Saiyan stuff into the main series.

So who knows.

But to be honest... I do NOT LIKE it. We have enough saiyan forms, story and all already... No need fro going now into the ancient and maybe introduce even more Saiyan stuff