Movie characters you’d like to be rewritten

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Re: Movie characters you’d like to be rewritten

Post by Raphael_Z » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:00 am

I really hope that Cooler is going to be a part of Frieza's new empire. In the anime/manga canon, Cooler has yet to make an official appearance so there's a lot of things they could do with him in terms of personality and backstory.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:02 pm

precita wrote:Pikkon isn't a movie character and is still part of the main (old) anime canon, so I can't see them having Goku and Pikkon act like they're meeting for the first time. Wouldn't fit for those who watch Super after DBZ. He'll probably just never appear. Same for Garlic Jr. for that matter due to how ingrained he was in the old anime continuity.

Only ones they could re-introduce is Cooler or Janemba, and maybe they will. For Cooler it's just baffling because they'd have to explain where in Universe 7 he was all this time, and with only 28 planets, what the hell was he conquering that Freeza was not? And why wouldn't Supreme Kai, King Kai, Beerus, etc. all be aware of Cooler's existence like Freeza is he was a galaxy conqueror?

Likewise with Frost around it's redundant with so many identical Freeza type characters.
I agree about what you said about Cooler and as for Pikkon they could easily introduce him as a friend Goku made during his death but that would raise the question why Goku didn't thought about him at the tournament of power (maybe same reason why he didn't thought/selected Chiaotzu and Yamcha.)

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Waluigiman wrote:
precita wrote:Pikkon isn't a movie character and is still part of the main (old) anime canon, so I can't see them having Goku and Pikkon act like they're meeting for the first time. Wouldn't fit for those who watch Super after DBZ. He'll probably just never appear. Same for Garlic Jr. for that matter due to how ingrained he was in the old anime continuity.

Only ones they could re-introduce is Cooler or Janemba, and maybe they will. For Cooler it's just baffling because they'd have to explain where in Universe 7 he was all this time, and with only 28 planets, what the hell was he conquering that Freeza was not? And why wouldn't Supreme Kai, King Kai, Beerus, etc. all be aware of Cooler's existence like Freeza is he was a galaxy conqueror?

Likewise with Frost around it's redundant with so many identical Freeza type characters.
I agree about what you said about Cooler and as for Pikkon they could easily introduce him as a friend Goku made during his death but that would raise the question why Goku didn't thought about him at the tournament of power (maybe same reason why he didn't thought/selected Chiaotzu and Yamcha.)
I would like to have Icarus(the purple dragon) return but its too unlikely they will use him again.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:34 pm

It's likely the next character to be taken from the movies, should they choose to, will be Cooler

I think a Slug-esque character could be done with the U6 Namekians. The U7 were peaceful, so the U6 could be made ruthless. Those that are left that did not fuse with Saonel and Pirina

And lastly, though technically not movie characters, I would like to see the ideas around Baby and possibly the Shadow Dragons revisited

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:46 pm

I'd like Janemba, Bojack and squad, and Hatchiyak all redone.

The character of Janemba can allow the writers to create a story about the afterlife and how it works.

Bojack isn't the most interesting character but they can recreate the story to say a Supreme Kai of the past locked them away and now they're out for revenge to kill the current Kai

Hatchiyak can be really interesting because they can really expand the revenge of the Tuffles
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16