Would it be hilarious if...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Would it be hilarious if...

Post by supercat » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:59 am

Piccolo yet again was put into some humiliating predicament where no matter what he does he gets depicted as the ongoing fodder / comic relief / joke that he is apparently quite well known for?

Personally, I would laugh if this were the case. That Namekian fodder should have joined Tien and Yamcha years ago. With powerhouse contenders like Golden Frieza and Android 17, what purpose does a useless fodder like Piccolo exactly serve? If for whatever reason, a weak character was needed, Krillin would be a better fit in my opinion. He's probably not much weaker than Piccolo, and seems to have a whole lot more to bring to the table story-wise. Piccolo got taken down by some fodder who was touted to be Zarbon-tier and was ridiculed by Goku during the Universe 6 Tournament, right before he got destroyed by Frost. Oh and there's also him losing to some bug... Yes some bug.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Would it be hilarious if...

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:48 am

Piccolo yet again was put into some humiliating predicament where no matter what he does he gets depicted as the ongoing fodder / comic relief / joke that he is apparently quite well known for?
You mean, like in the Future Trunks arc, when he suggested to use the mafuba technique against the immortal Future Zamasu, when everyone else was pretty much clueless and oblivious, thus displaying his wisdom and cunning? A technique that would have worked, had the idiot Goku not forgotten the seal in the present timeline.

I have nothing bad to say about Piccolo. He is intelligent, sensible, and unlucky, since he wasn't born a saiyan.