Why do people feel Beerus/Whis remove any tension from threats against Earth?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Why do people feel Beerus/Whis remove any tension from threats against Earth?

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:06 pm

Miracles wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
Miracles wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beerus only showed fear to Zenoh.
You missed some news mate. It's already confirmed.
Where? :o
Nowhere. It hasn't be confirmed anywhere, as far as I know.

Miracles
I Live Here

Re: Why do people feel Beerus/Whis remove any tension from threats against Earth?

Post by Miracles » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:12 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: You missed some news mate. It's already confirmed.
Yeah...I thought so.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:32 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: You missed some news mate. It's already confirmed.
Broly is the strongest foe Goku and Vegeta ever fought (so stronger than Jiren) and his power goes beyond that of a God of Destruction.
https://comicbook.com/anime/2018/08/06/ ... struction/

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:02 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Miracles wrote: Where? :o
Broly is the strongest foe Goku and Vegeta ever fought (so stronger than Jiren) and his power goes beyond that of a God of Destruction.
It's questioned whether his power greater than a Hakiashin. Not outright stated to be.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:11 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Nowhere. It hasn't be confirmed anywhere, as far as I know.
It's questioned whether his power greater than a Hakiashin. Not outright stated to be.
But he was still confirmed to be the strongest foe Goku ever met. So Broly > Jiren, and we all agree that the Pride Trooper is much stronger than Beerus, right?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:16 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: Broly is the strongest foe Goku and Vegeta ever fought (so stronger than Jiren) and his power goes beyond that of a God of Destruction.
But he was still confirmed to be the strongest foe Goku ever met. So Broly > Jiren, and we all agree that the Pride Trooper is much stronger than Beerus, right?
It's never confirmed anywhere that Jiren is stronger than Beerus. We know that Jiren is stronger than Belmod, but how powerful Belmod is compared to Beerus is never made clear. Or for a matter of fact, how strong all of the Hakaishin in the 12 universes are compared to one another.

So we can't truthfully deduce that Jiren > Belmod means Jiren > Beerus.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:22 am

It seems like Beerus is in a special tier where he's weaker than the Angels/Grand Priest, but constantly above everyone less than that.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:35 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: It's questioned whether his power greater than a Hakiashin. Not outright stated to be.
It's never confirmed anywhere that Jiren is stronger than Beerus. We know that Jiren is stronger than Belmod, but how powerful Belmod is compared to Beerus is never made clear. Or for a matter of fact, how strong all of the Hakaishin in the 12 universes are compared to one another.

Beerus lost the arm wrestling match with Belmod in the anime. Whis confirmed that Jiren was the mortal stronger than his own God of Destruct back in ep.110. And that was a very suppressed Jiren.

Plus, the Hakaishins are all similar in power, we pretty much saw that when Liquir, Iwne and Arack fought, as nobody prevailed.

Also, Belmod said that Hakaishin Toppo's power was no different than that of the other Gods, and he's nowhere near Full Power Jiren.

Yes, Beerus is no match for Broly and Jiren. And probably even SsjBE Vegeta.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:54 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: But he was still confirmed to be the strongest foe Goku ever met. So Broly > Jiren, and we all agree that the Pride Trooper is much stronger than Beerus, right?

Beerus lost the arm wrestling match with Belmod in the anime. Whis confirmed that Jiren was the mortal stronger than his own God of Destruct back in ep.110. And that was a very suppressed Jiren.

Plus, the Hakaishins are all similar in power, we pretty much saw that when Liquir, Iwne and Arack fought, as nobody prevailed.

Also, Belmod said that Hakaishin Toppo's power was no different than that of the other Gods, and he's nowhere near Full Power Jiren.

Winning an arm wrestling match means nothing considering:

1. We don't know the circumstances of the arm wrestling match. (When it took place, how it lasted for, was it serious or for shits and giggles)
2. It only happened once.
3. Winning an arm wrestling isn't solely dependent on strength.

And it not implied that all of the Hakaishin are similar in strength in any medium of Super. The Hakaishin battle royal was too short and inconclusive to have any kind of grasp of who was stronger than who and by how much.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:58 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: It's never confirmed anywhere that Jiren is stronger than Beerus. We know that Jiren is stronger than Belmod, but how powerful Belmod is compared to Beerus is never made clear. Or for a matter of fact, how strong all of the Hakaishin in the 12 universes are compared to one another.

1. We don't know the circumstances of the arm wrestling match. (When it took place, how it lasted for, was it serious or for shits and giggles)

And it not implied that all of the Hakaishin are similar in strength in any medium of Super. The Hakaishin battle royal was too short and inconclusive to have any kind of grasp of who was stronger than who and by how much.
The manga basically confirms that Hakaishin are a general range of power, not a strict level they all adheer to going by Beerus' statement that Complete Blue Vegeta would be considered a good candidate for one in another universe.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:24 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: Beerus lost the arm wrestling match with Belmod in the anime. Whis confirmed that Jiren was the mortal stronger than his own God of Destruct back in ep.110. And that was a very suppressed Jiren.

1. We don't know the circumstances of the arm wrestling match. (When it took place, how long it lasted for, was it serious or for shits and giggles)

The manga basically confirms that Hakaishin are a general range of power, not a strict level they all adheer to going by Beerus' statement that Complete Blue Vegeta would be considered a good candidate for one in another universe.
Good point. The anime also suggestively dips its toe into this concept when Goku becomes a SSJB in Episode 81 against Bergamo and Sidra remarks how Goku has a "power that rivals the Gods."

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:03 pm

Arack says Super Saiyan God Goku and Godly enhanced Toppo were clashing at the level of the Gods, too.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:44 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Nowhere. It hasn't be confirmed anywhere, as far as I know.
Exactly. They kep talking about how bad Super's writing is but can't even keep up with the story about Goku and Beerus have a prophetic showdown.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:50 am

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:Arack says Super Saiyan God Goku and Godly enhanced Toppo were clashing at the level of the Gods, too.
The manga is a completely different thing. It does not count here.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:20 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: It's questioned whether his power greater than a Hakiashin. Not outright stated to be.

If Beerus was weaker than Jiren then it would lose all emotional weight. He is supposed to be hyped up as the biggest and baddest foe they have ever faced, Whether it be blinking away SSBKKx20 or the Spirit Bomb being the strongest was his thing. It was stated in V jump that Goku's 3rd UI Omen may be stronger than Beerus and we clearly saw that Jiren was stronger than UI Omen. Also, we have Jiren>Belmod>Beerus and what not.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:28 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:Arack says Super Saiyan God Goku and Godly enhanced Toppo were clashing at the level of the Gods, too.
The manga is a completely different thing. It does not count here.
I only posted Arack's statement to show it was similar to what Ro said in the Anime about Blue Goku. I know both stories are different.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:50 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: But he was still confirmed to be the strongest foe Goku ever met. So Broly > Jiren, and we all agree that the Pride Trooper is much stronger than Beerus, right?

If Beerus was weaker than Jiren then it would lose all emotional weight. He is supposed to be hyped up as the biggest and baddest foe they have ever faced, Whether it be blinking away SSBKKx20 or the Spirit Bomb being the strongest was his thing. It was stated in V jump that Goku's 3rd UI Omen may be stronger than Beerus and we clearly saw that Jiren was stronger than UI Omen. Also, we have Jiren>Belmod>Beerus and what not.
We don't. Belmond being stronger than Beerus isn't an issue ever. Cause the fandom that pushes this seems to ignore Whis didn't know which god or mortal then and Beerus shooting Whis down about only losing once in arm wrestling his whole career was general statements. After that the convo ended. Come on we should be past this basic reading by now.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:56 pm

Since Champa has been shown once in the manga and twice in the anime to fight evenly with Beerus, does that mean he's stronger than Belmond and by extension, Jiren? Honestly, you guys are overestimating how strong Beerus is in relation to the other gods.