Why does Belmond act so wierd in the manga?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

Why does Belmond act so wierd in the manga?

Post by Xeztin » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:21 pm

I know Belmond is going to retire but in the manga he acts very strange. He laid down during the entire God of Destruction Battle Royale which is something I never really seen anyone comment on. He looked up smiling probably playing opossom. He’s had a strange aura about him, I wonder if he will play a different role in the manga? He doesn’t seem interested at all in battles or tournaments. He isn’t Lazy but more like he is just uninterested and doesn’t care. He has been calm throughout the entire tournament. He is also Toyotaro’s favorite God so perhaps we will see something different. What do you think?

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Why does Belmond act so wierd in the manga?

Post by MisteryOne » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:34 pm

I'm not sure if I get what you are saying. He was not acting weird on the GoDs battle, he was acting clever. When everyone was attacking Beerus he still attacked Shidra by behind. He used his cards to trap most of them and made them target him. He then made it look like Liquir took him out on a single attack when he was actually fine. He would have won that battle most likely since even if Beerus or Quitela managed to take out the other they were badly injured and he was still more than fine since he didn't need healing at all.

Similary, in the tournament it has already been shown multiple times how a surpressed Jiren is incredibly overwhelming to Goku. In that sense it's similar to the anime at the start. Belmond is confident on Jiren winning, that's all.

So no, he isn't uninterested. It's just that he is more than confident that he will win in one way or another. And he will freak out the moment Goku starts being dangerous for Jiren.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:48 pm

I just think we get to know him better in the manga , mainly because of the pre-tournament recluiting and gods battle , I personality like him a lot in the manga , his body language is so good , just like a clown .
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:30 am

Belmod is given better characterization in the manga. He's a trickster, he's a pragmatist.

He played dead possum to win the GoD exhibition match.

He said U11 only needed Jiren and anybody would do after him. Which is not wrong, it's like choosing to use nuclear bombs in a war. Anything else would pale in comparison to those WMDs.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!