Are there omitted, or shortened scenes from the TOP tournament streamed versions when compared to the Fuji TV run?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Are there omitted, or shortened scenes from the TOP tournament streamed versions when compared to the Fuji TV run?

Post by sangofe » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:05 pm

Hey guys. I read from a user here a while back ago, that there were some omitted or shortened scenes from the streamed DB super episodes, when compared to the Fuji TV run.

Is this right? If so, what episode, and where in the episode?

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Re: Are there omitted, or shortened scenes from the TOP tournament streamed versions when compared to the Fuji TV run?

Post by OmegaRockman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:11 pm

The only thing I can think of is the material cut out of the one-hour special (109 and 110). The individual streaming version of 109 is missing footage at the end (during the Genki-Dama struggle) when compared to the full broadcast. I know that Funimation's streaming version is the full special while Crunchyroll's is the two individual episodes, so anyone with a VRV account in the US should be able to watch the full version as it was broadcast. Unfortunately, I don't know if the full special is streaming legally anywhere outside of the US. I also haven't heard of any other material being cut from the other Tournament of Power episodes.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Are there omitted, or shortened scenes from the TOP tournament streamed versions when compared to the Fuji TV run?

Post by sangofe » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:03 pm

Thanks, are you sure FUNimation's streaming version is the full version?

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:02 am

I haven't actually checked the individual versions side by side, but the version on Funimation is over 45 minutes long, which leads me to assume that it's the full special. I'll check to be sure, though.

Edit: Just checked both Crunchyroll's and Funimation's VRV channels and yes, Funimation's version has the missing footage.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube