If Broly has more potential than Gohan... (and he DOES!)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

If Broly has more potential than Gohan... (and he DOES!)

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:00 am

Than his potential must be INSANE! And it is. This movie has Broly literally becoming stronger on the spot without the need for severe injury.

Lets take a look at Gohan, shall we?

Gohan has FAR more potential than Goku and Vegeta.. But sadly, as we all know, he does nothing with it.

He briefly surpassed his father as a 5 year old against Raditz, which was obviously considered pretty impressive back then.

The dude surpassed his father as a kid when he was 11. (9 in the manga) as a SSJ2. And even as a Mastered Super Saiyan (power level wise)

He once again surpassed SSJ3 Goku in the Buu Arc just by sitting on his ass for 24 hours
(or however long it took)

And in Dragon Ball Super he only trained for less than a day and already became strong enough to trade blows with SSJ Blue Goku. Wether the latter was holding back or not, is irrelevant in this case.

So needless to say, Gohan’s potential is ABSURD. And far superior to Goku and Vegeta’s.

But now Broly is (obviously) considered to have the most potential out of ANY Saiyan in history.

Just how much potential does this legendary Saiyan possess?

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Re: If Broly has more potential than Gohan... (and he DOES!)

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:04 am

Can Broly tap into Angel Ki like gohan? If not then he has less potential than him

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:59 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Maximum.

Broly is there to please those that wanted him. He will be displayed as the powerhouse that he is known for and if he stays alive he will not stay behind the main characters.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:09 am

....this is GodlyKiWanker?

Just gonna repost my responses from the other thread:

Well apparently Gohn's potential isn't that impressive if it seems that Freeza, 17, Cabba, Caulifla, Kale, and Jiren all seem to have superior potential.

They couldn't even turn SSJ at first and clearly have very little battle experience and yet Cabba was on par with U6 arc Base Vegeta and Caulifla was on par with ToP arc Base Goku. They are several magnitudes stornger than Gohan was during DBZ, or any DBZ character for that matter other than maybe SSJ Vegetto, the only reason Gohan can compete with these other characters is because he had Elder Kai's ritual done on him. The Universe 6 Saiyans have never had angel training, SSG ritual, or Old Kai's ritual, and yet they can still compete. That clearly shows they have superior potential compared to any Universe 7 Saiyan not named "Broly."

U6 Base Vegeta~Base Cabba>>>>>>>>>>>Buuhan>>Ultimate Gohan

is the point here. Gohan had the ritual done on him in the Buu arc and was still vastly inferior to Cabba who never had the luxury of that ritual, or angel training, for that matter or the SSG ritual.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:13 am

Cetra wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Maximum.

Broly is there to please those that wanted him. He will be displayed as the powerhouse that he is known for and if he stays alive he will not stay behind the main characters.
Definitely! Broly also makes for the PERFECT rival for Goku. One that he will never lose interest in, because not only is Broly the strongest Goku has ever faced.. But he also a Saiyan. One with the most potential for growth there is!

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:58 am

But now Broly is (obviously) considered to have the most potential out of ANY Saiyan in history.
A bold claim, when you have a saiyan (someone possessing a saiyan body, basically) like Goku Black who was able to expand his divine power beyond his own godly comprehension and transcend time and space in a matter of mere seconds, on top of having ridiculously broken zenkai boosts as shown several times throughout his arc (just consider that being kicked in the guts once increased his power significantly, to the point that he was then able to shrug off blows from Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta in just his base form), and being stated to be the strongest un-fused character in Super during his arc. So who knows how much more powerful Black could have gotten if he had survived, perhaps he could have even surpassed Broly himself. Whenever Black was at a disadvantage, he always managed to increase drastically in strength and turn the tables in his favour. Let's see if Broly's performance will be as superb as Black's. Something tells me that it won't be. Brute strength alone is clearly not enough to win, and while Black (Zamasu) was renowned as a fighting genius, Broly just seems like a dumb beast from the trailer.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:18 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
A bold claim, when you have a saiyan (someone possessing a saiyan body, basically) like Goku Black who was able to expand his divine power beyond his own godly comprehension and transcend time and space in a matter of mere seconds, on top of having ridiculously broken zenkai boosts as shown several times throughout his arc (just consider that being kicked in the guts once increased his power significantly, to the point that he was then able to shrug off blows from Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta in just his base form), and being stated to be the strongest un-fused character in Super during his arc. So who knows how much more powerful Black could have gotten if he had survived, perhaps he could have even surpassed Broly himself. Whenever Black was at a disadvantage, he always managed to increase drastically in strength and turn the tables in his favour. Let's see if Broly's performance will be as superb as Black's. Something tells me that it won't be. Brute strength alone is clearly not enough to win, and while Black (Zamasu) was renowned as a fighting genius, Broly just seems like a dumb beast from the trailer.
It sounds like you're praising stupid plot convenience. A character transcending space time and doubling their power with no meaningful reason should be critisized not revered.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Bergamo wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:
It sounds like you're praising stupid plot convenience. A character transcending space time and doubling their power with no meaningful reason should be critisized not revered.
I am not praising Zamasu (the one who stole a saiyan's body for himself), I am questioning the bold claim that Broly is the most promising saiyan that history has ever seen by bringing up Zamasu's unique case.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:34 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:
I am not praising Zamasu (the one who stole a saiyan's body for himself), I am questioning the bold claim that Broly is the most promising saiyan that history has ever seen by bringing up Zamasu's unique case.
Considering Broli is already stronger than Jiren and through the countless statements that he gets increasily stronger just through fighting, it's safe to say he has currently the most potential out of any saiyan since he doesn't even have God Ki like Black or the training experience.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:59 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
It’s you who’s making the bold claim here by believing Goku Black to have superior potential to this new Broly. Not only will this new Broly become the strongest enemy they have ever faced, even surpassing GoDs and Jiren, but his Zenkais specifically have been stated to be over the top extreme. His zenkai’s seem to be hinted to be far more extreme than even Hit’s and Goku Black’s. It’s like having Zenkais on Steroids!

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:16 pm

At this point of the series, Goku and Vegeta are so strong now that the only available enemies are the ones who are either dieties, or people whose talent are well above what they’re capable of.
How i predict the tournament will end:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:59 pm

TheOne wrote:At this point of the series, Goku and Vegeta are so strong now that the only available enemies are the ones who are either dieties, or people whose talent are well above what they’re capable of.
Yeah pretty much. They keep having to up the ante

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:52 am

PFM18 wrote:....this is GodlyKiWanker?

Well apparently Gohn's potential isn't that impressive if it seems that Freeza, 17, Cabba, Caulifla, Kale, and Jiren all seem to have superior potential.

They couldn't even turn SSJ at first and clearly have very little battle experience and yet Cabba was on par with U6 arc Base Vegeta and Caulifla was on par with ToP arc Base Goku. They are several magnitudes stornger than Gohan was during DBZ, or any DBZ character for that matter other than maybe SSJ Vegetto, the only reason Gohan can compete with these other characters is because he had Elder Kai's ritual done on him. The Universe 6 Saiyans have never had angel training, SSG ritual, or Old Kai's ritual, and yet they can still compete. That clearly shows they have superior potential compared to any Universe 7 Saiyan not named "Broly."

is the point here. Gohan had the ritual done on him in the Buu arc and was still vastly inferior to Cabba who never had the luxury of that ritual, or angel training, for that matter or the SSG ritual.
Rriiiiiiighht.... You do realize that your proposal is quite controversial? I don't think it was ever the intention of Toei or Toriyama to imply that Cabba and the rest are as strong as SSj God-absorbed base Goku and Vegeta. The opposite is true - Toei started acting like that SSj God absorption thing never happened, without calling attention to it or explaining it properly. That's why regular SSj returned, even though as per Toriyama, it was supposed to be gone for good in favor of SSj Blue. When a Saiyan with the power of a SSj God transforms into SSj, the result is SSj Blue. Yet we got regular SSj. And then Goku transformed into SSj God proper. These should be evidence enough that the anime has (albeit clumsily) discarded the godly base concept.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:52 am

Saturnine wrote:
PFM18 wrote:....this is GodlyKiWanker?

Rriiiiiiighht.... You do realize that your proposal is quite controversial? I don't think it was ever the intention of Toei or Toriyama to imply that Cabba and the rest are as strong as SSj God-absorbed base Goku and Vegeta. The opposite is true - Toei started acting like that SSj God absorption thing never happened, without calling attention to it or explaining it properly. That's why regular SSj returned, even though as per Toriyama, it was supposed to be gone for good in favor of SSj Blue. When a Saiyan with the power of a SSj God transforms into SSj, the result is SSj Blue. Yet we got regular SSj. And then Goku transformed into SSj God proper. These should be evidence enough that the anime has (albeit clumsily) discarded the godly base concept.
I don't adhere to randomly determining retcons with little evidence or because I don't like the resulting implications or consequences.

Saiyan Beyond God was retconned from the movie continuity, we know this for several reasons but one of them being that the golden SSJ returned. The fact that SSG returned says absolutely nothing of a retcon but people are very easily confused so they seem to think so.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:14 pm

Broly's potential was always above any saiyan, even Gohan. This was back in Z, now he gets an even bigger boost to his potential.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:59 am

Here's hoping he does since that's his whole shtick to act as a nigh unstoppable behemoth of a fighter that requires some extraordinary contrivance to ultimately overcome at the end (from what I'm aware of). Goku and Vegeta can balk at the sight of this man for however long they want. How it pans out almost seems like a foregone conclusion. Gohan is apparently yesterday's news, was that it? What else is new.