A Idea on how to add Janemba in Super

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Oniman
Banned

A Idea on how to add Janemba in Super

Post by Oniman » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:52 pm

I got a cool idea on how they can bring Janemba for DBS. Janemba is one of the big three popular movie villains next to Broly and Cooler. So I can see Toei and Toriyama using him next.

Janemba is actually apart of a pantheon of Demon that bring balance to the universe through chaos and destruction. Janemba was locked up away by the original Kaioshin and the original God of Destruction in the dark pits of Hell billions of years ago long before Beerus and Elder Kai was even born. Janemba is awoken by some Oni works for King Enma and Janemba traverses to the 4 corners of the Universe to recruit 4 other powerful demons kings from the other Universes (U3, U6, U9 and U13). The demons from the Demon Realm agree to work with Janemba as that they would one day bring chaos to all 18 Universes and rule with an iron fist. The Universes that Zeno once erased have been brought back by Android 17's wish.

Janemba ends up killing Supreme Kai which causes the death of Beerus and making Whis to disappear. Without the Superme Kai and Beerus, Janemba breaks the barrier between Other World, the Living World and the realms of the Gods to cause chaos and destruction to the universe. This also causes a war between Heaven, Hell and Earth to begin. #17 has come to grips with the fact that he didn't really the Universes. He merely solidified its extinction and the only way to beat Janemba is with the power of a new fusion. A fusion that is known by very little people. A fusion that can fuse 4 people into one (Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and #17 will fuse together).
Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one's who little path would make me sad. Whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: A Idea on how to add Janemba in Super

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:13 pm

I like this theory! Yeah Janemba has always been my favorite movie villain and he really has a great design. It would be cool if they brought him back.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:03 pm

As cool as that sounds, I doubt toei or toriyama are that elaborate with their stories.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:22 pm

I think Toriyama's take on Janemba would be cool, but the idea of bringing balance through destruction sounds similar to Thanos. In Shin Budokai 2, Dabra thinks that Janemba looks similar to the Master of the Demon World. I think having Janemba be tied with the Demon World would be cool and I dig the idea of Heaven vs Hell for a possible story.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:45 am

Having Janemba be a result of a cosmic imbalance that breaks reality across the multiverse is a good idea, one of my biggest issues concerning the job of GoDs and Kaioshin is that the balance of the universe doesn't mean anything. It's just a cool sounding thing with no meaning behind it.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:18 pm

sounds like anime war

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:44 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Having Janemba be a result of a cosmic imbalance that breaks reality across the multiverse is a good idea, one of my biggest issues concerning the job of GoDs and Kaioshin is that the balance of the universe doesn't mean anything. It's just a cool sounding thing with no meaning behind it.

what do you mean it doesn't mean anything?

Oniman
Banned

Post by Oniman » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:43 am

I always feel like Janemba should be the big bad demon of the DB Universe. I love his design and story that they should do more with it. In Heroes, they make him be below the likes of Dabura.
Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one's who little path would make me sad. Whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:51 am

PFM18 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Having Janemba be a result of a cosmic imbalance that breaks reality across the multiverse is a good idea, one of my biggest issues concerning the job of GoDs and Kaioshin is that the balance of the universe doesn't mean anything. It's just a cool sounding thing with no meaning behind it.

what do you mean it doesn't mean anything?
What I said: it doesn't mean anything, we don't know what the cosmic balance means, what happens if there's too much life? What happens when there's almost no one alive? Do we get some weird cancerverse from Marvel type stuff where, if life definitively overturns death, things go to help and vice versa? It's a standard trope in fiction I increasingly dislike: things are important because people talk about them as though they are without ever saying how or why it is so.

Imagine if the One Ring from LOTR never told us that its tied to Sauron and you need to destroy it to kill him: everyone still talks about it like its a super big deal and risks life and limb to throw it into the volcano but we never learn the why and are just left to assume "Oh, I guess the ring matters to Sauron.... that's why he's doing now,... right?" when they throw it in.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:32 pm

I like Janemba but I don’t want him in super. They should focus on creating new characters instead of rehashing past villains imo

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:10 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:I like Janemba but I don’t want him in super. They should focus on creating new characters instead of rehashing past villains imo
Like what?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:51 am

Toxin45 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:I like Janemba but I don’t want him in super. They should focus on creating new characters instead of rehashing past villains imo
Like what?
I don’t know; I’m not in charge. But I’m sick of seeing “bring xxx character back!” It’s so annoying.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:24 am

I like the story, nice idea, but it doesn't have to be a Janemba-reboot, it could be a entirely original demon as well.