By design, what is your favorite form of this new Broly?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

By design, what is your favorite form of this new Broly?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:59 pm

Mine is definitely his Ikari/Rage Mode with the yellow eyes! I think it looks really great! I have always liked black hair the most as a color for a Saiyan. And this Broly has Super Saiyan like hair in black with yellow eyes. I think it’s the perfect combination. Yellow with black. What i also like about this new Broly is that his skin tone is much darker in color, along with his black hair, it makes him look really ferocious and dangerous. Overall, his design is awesome, i like his outfit too. The green color with black of his Saiyan battle armor is great too (i’ve always liked Tagoma’s battle armor for this reason too in RoF) and his green skirt makes him look mighty too. Overall, i give his design in this form a 10/10! His scars are also cool and basically signifies him being a true barbaric warrior. But the yellow eyes with the black hair and dark skin color is what gets me the most. I never really cared much for the yellow haired Super Saiyan forms. That said, his LSSJ state has green hair, which is definitely an improvement in my book!

So which of Broly’s new forms is your favorite??

Let me know!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: By design, what is your favorite form of this new Broly?

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:46 am

Sometimes less is more and just like Ultra Instinct Sign, this is another of those cases.
His Ikari form is definitely the best one. The spiky black hair with the yellow eyes is surprisingly effective. It's really a shame that his iconic Berserk Form will overshadow it.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:32 am

Rage mode with yellow pupils is my favorite too for the moment. SSJ and LSSJ-forms: we haven't seen much of those in action to conclude how they look animated. I understand the Legendary SSJ is in the movie because of it's iconic value but this does not need to be his final form. I still hope we'll get some Oozaru- or Demon-variant at the bitter end of the movie.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:07 am

It's hard for me to say. I like them all! I think the bugger form with the black hair gives him a slightly more savage look, but the green form also has that feel of "this is beyond even his most savage power!"
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 am

Swoly Broly with the spiky black hair and yellow eyes is my favourite. So far we’ve seen that and base Broly in action the most. I really want to see what he looks like in action when at full power. Next trailer can’t come sooner!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:39 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:Mine is definitely his Ikari/Rage Mode with the yellow eyes! I think it looks really great! I have always liked black hair the most as a color for a Saiyan. And this Broly has Super Saiyan like hair in black with yellow eyes. I think it’s the perfect combination. Yellow with black. What i also like about this new Broly is that his skin tone is much darker in color, along with his black hair, it makes him look really ferocious and dangerous. Overall, his design is awesome, i like his outfit too. The green color with black of his Saiyan battle armor is great too (i’ve always liked Tagoma’s battle armor for this reason too in RoF) and his green skirt makes him look mighty too. Overall, i give his design in this form a 10/10! His scars are also cool and basically signifies him being a true barbaric warrior. But the yellow eyes with the black hair and dark skin color is what gets me the most. I never really cared much for the yellow haired Super Saiyan forms. That said, his LSSJ state has green hair, which is definitely an improvement in my book!

So which of Broly’s new forms is your favorite??

Let me know!
I completely agree with pretty much everything here.

One thing modern DB forms has showm me is how boring and lame the yellow SS forms were. And the success of the modern forms especially SSGSS, I think shows a lot of people have realised that too.

Thankfully the yellow SS forms are getting bottom of the barrel marketing for the new film, and Anger seems to be getting a lot of show for Broly. It works really well with his armour lile you said and Full Power yeah it's definitely an improvement I also like the hair shape too especially the back spikes. Agree the scars are a nice touch too.

Overall more than satisfied with Broly's designs. I also dig his base look too.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:54 pm

His Base looks the best in my opinion, followed by SS Full Power and then Ikari. Though they are all very close, i might even love them all equally

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:00 pm

His rage form for sure for reasons you guys have already put forth above. It's quite sad it might not just be overshadowed by the Berserk form in the movie (which is fine, it's Broly after all) but also by the inferior regular Super Saiyan one too. If the character sheets are anything to go by, this not only isn't the final dish, but basically just the entre. It's basically a perfect design so the people in charge chosing to also throw in that tired old regular Super Saiyan is just sad.

Much like Super Saiyan God and both Ultra Instinct forms, this is another example of how "less is more" which shows how to make great new forms without just rehashing ala Super Saiyan Blue.

What makes this even sadder is that both old Broly and this new Broly have two of the best designs in the franchise (regular SSJ from Movie 10 and the new rage one) but the buff form is so synonymous with him that those will never get ouy of it's shadow. Hopefully if new Broly's rework proves popular and he survives the movie events, they'll just pull a Kale and have him use the buff one only in extreme conditions.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:43 am

I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and say his rage form, whatever it be. His other forms look okay, what I would come to expect from an updated Broly. The base hair and yellow eyes are such a great touch

Post by #17 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:56 pm

Anger looks awesome.

And while I ask myself the question I still hope Broly never will get a controlled form like Kale.

Kale lost all of her appeal after she lost Beserker

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:02 pm

#17 wrote:Anger looks awesome.

And while I ask myself the question I still hope Broly never will get a controlled form like Kale.

Kale had Caulifla as an "anchor" so to speak. Not sure Broly has anyone like that.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:04 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
#17 wrote:Anger looks awesome.

Kale had Caulifla as an "anchor" so to speak. Not sure Broly has anyone like that.
His relationship with Cheely will probably get him under control in the end.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:19 pm

Black hair, yellow eyes, absolutely. It looks so cool! It's like they took the aesthetic parts of ssj4 that I like and made it its' own thing.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:08 am

Just realized this Wrathful form is a lot like SSj4, minus the fur. And therefore less silly, which makes me like it!

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:29 am

I like all his forms, but my favorite form is his base form from DBZ movies, always liked his facial expression, his clothes, his hair and his height.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:42 pm

Chuquita wrote:Black hair, yellow eyes, absolutely. It looks so cool! It's like they took the aesthetic parts of ssj4 that I like and made it its' own thing.
Which makes me wonder.. I would expect you to be very happy about the fact that Vegeta finally has SSJ God.. (your favorite form right) and Vegeta is right up there with Goku of your favorite characters.

So here’s my personal guess..

I guess the top few characters that you like are..

SSJ God Goku

SSJ God Vegeta

UI Omen Goku (i remember you mentioning the fact that you like Base Saiyan Black hair more than anything else).

And maybe Ikari Broly purely by design...?

Is that accurate..? xD

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:03 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Black hair, yellow eyes, absolutely. It looks so cool! It's like they took the aesthetic parts of ssj4 that I like and made it its' own thing.
Which makes me wonder.. I would expect you to be very happy about the fact that Vegeta finally has SSJ God.. (your favorite form right) and Vegeta is right up there with Goku of your favorite characters.

So here’s my personal guess..

I guess the top few characters that you like are..

SSJ God Goku

SSJ God Vegeta

UI Omen Goku (i remember you mentioning the fact that you like Base Saiyan Black hair more than anything else).

And maybe Ikari Broly purely by design...?

Is that accurate..? xD
The favorite forms thread that was floating around last week? Haha, I actually never posted in that thread because I thought over how many forms there are and didn't feel like typing my thoughts out on every single one, but as I was asked sure I'll answer here.

Regarding the forms you asked about:

Re: ssjg Goku
Still love this; still my favorite.

Re: ssjg Vegeta
Actually I'm not all that thrilled that he has it now both because it makes it less special of a form (the bargain sale thing) and because like ssj4 I think it's a form that aesthetically fits Goku more than it does Vegeta. Goku's got that baggy dougi that gives a better silhouette to slim ssjg where Vegeta with his form-fitting armor just ends up looking like modern Toriyama designs but not in a good way, imo.

Re: UI Omen Goku
Still think this looks cool. Regular UI when drawn well can look cool, but I still prefer Omen over it.

Re: Ikari Brolli
I like this because it's all the parts of ssj4 Goku's design that I like and none of the parts I dislike. Yellow-eyed ssj4 without the fur and without the eyeliner; it's wonderful.

That said, in general my rankings from favorite to least favorite saiyan transformations are:

Top Tier wrote:ssjg Goku - Favorite
Rosé
Omen UI
UI
Black hair yellow iris (Brolli style ikari)
Mid Tier wrote:ssjblue
ssj1
ssj2
ssj4 Goku
green hair legendary ssj
regular yellow-hair ssj Brolli
Bottom Tier wrote:that Brolli god form from that 4D thing
ssj4 Vegeta
ssjg Vegeta
Future Trunks style ikari
Ssjb evolution (sparkle Vegeta)
That bulky version of ssj2 that Vegeta and Future Trunks briefly used during the Cell arc
ssj3 - Least Favorite. No eyebrow hair and that neanderthal brow kills it for me.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:24 am

Much like Ultra Instinct Omen, Broly's Rage form is my favourite.

It's distinct form the base form, but not full colour-crazy like Super Saiyan forms. A variation on a Saiyan's normal state is always the coolest.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:43 am

I really like his new base form, and the second one where his hair looks super saiyan-y, but is still black.