What if Broly was the Saiyan from Beerus’ dream?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

What if Broly was the Saiyan from Beerus’ dream?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:58 am

Just check out this theory guys!
https://youtu.be/smUCp3C6fWk

He’s really good. It makes sense because Beerus was talking about a Saiyan warrior whom nobody has ever seen before:

Does that sound familiar???!

It sure DOES!

Broly is a Saiyan. AND an Ultimate Warrior. So the description fits PERFECTLY!

What do you guys think? Even Beerus wasn’t sure about the name of his “enemy” (Goku wasn’t even an enemy) and Whis stated that his “prophetic dreams” aren’t really all that accurate. What if Broly finds out about Beerus ordering Freeza to destroy planet Vegeta and wants to take revenge? He sure fits the description of an “enemy” for Beerus-sama! And a prophecy regarding what’s going to happen, fits in far more with a vengeful blood lusted Saiyan out to get his blood as an act of revenge than a kind hearted one getting a ritual for sports!

What do you guys think of this theory?

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: What if Broly was the Saiyan from Beerus’ dream?

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:43 am

Unlikely because the Yamoshi interbiew implies Beerus just dreamed about his spirit (how the fuck that works is up at the air I guess) but I would like it to be true just to have an excuse for Beerus to fight and go all on (then again, having Hakai and some basic type of UI combined sound stupidly broken unless your opponent is just at a whole different level so maybe they are avoiding to make him fight).
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:44 pm

The Saiyan in Beerus dream is obviously Goku.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:00 pm

Miracles wrote:The Saiyan in Beerus dream is obviously Goku.
Goku wasn’t a “formidable” opponent for Beerus. In fact, if we look at actual powerscaling and everything that happend afterwards, with Goku getting countless powerups after the BoG Arc, Beerus was using far less than 1% of his power against God Goku. Especially since even Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku has been hinted to barely surpass Beerus.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:16 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Goku wasn’t a “formidable” opponent for Beerus. In fact, if we look at actual powerscaling and everything that happend afterwards, with Goku getting countless powerups after the BoG Arc, Beerus was using far less than 1% of his power against God Goku. Especially since even Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku has been hinted to barely surpass Beerus.
You better watch the show again. Both anime and manga have Goku and Vegeta becoming Beerus rival's. The fight back in BOG does not complete the prophecy.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:11 pm

Miracles wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
You better watch the show again. Both anime and manga have Goku and Vegeta becoming Beerus rival's. The fight back in BOG does not complete the prophecy.
No i don’t need to watch the show again. I’ve seen it enough times already. Anyway, this is just a theory of mine and several others. And the point i’m trying to make is that it’s a good theory and Broly fits the description perfectly. Now you may not like it, that’s okay, that’s your right. But i do like the theory and thought it was great to theorize it.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:42 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Miracles wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: Goku wasn’t a “formidable” opponent for Beerus. In fact, if we look at actual powerscaling and everything that happend afterwards, with Goku getting countless powerups after the BoG Arc, Beerus was using far less than 1% of his power against God Goku. Especially since even Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku has been hinted to barely surpass Beerus.
No i don’t need to watch the show again. I’ve seen it enough times already. Anyway, this is just a theory of mine and several others. And the point i’m trying to make is that it’s a good theory and Broly fits the description perfectly. Now you may not like it, that’s okay, that’s your right. But i do like the theory and thought it was great to theorize it.
I respect that you said it's theory and you like it!!!!

Go in peace good sir!!! :thumbup:

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:30 am

Possibly. We shall have to see.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Muffin Man
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muffin Man » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:57 am

It would be a better plot development than most of what we've gotten since the Buu saga, so I'm all for it.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:29 pm

Yep and eventually Goku will surpass Broly.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:37 am

Waluigiman wrote:
No he will most certainly not. Broly has far more potential than any other Saiyan in existence. He is truly special, even among Saiyans. He is just genetically superior to Goku and Vegeta, and they will never be able to keep up with his insane growth. Given enough time, Goku and Vegeta will surely surpass all the Angels and maybe even the Grand Priest. But if Goku and Vegeta can get that far.. Just try to imagine what Broly could do! He can do anything Goku and Vegeta can but a 1000 times better!

This dude literally gets stronger as he fights. And his on-the-spot zenkais have been stated to be even more potent than Hit’s and Goku Black’s! Vegeta and Goku just aren’t capable of keeping up with that.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:19 pm

I do like the idea of Broly wanting to take revenge on Beerus. That sounds really interesting. It may have to he implemented in an awkward, retroactive way though.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:16 pm

PFM18 wrote:I do like the idea of Broly wanting to take revenge on Beerus. That sounds really interesting. It may have to he implemented in an awkward, retroactive way though.
Yeah i mean it’s not like retcons have never happened in this series before right? Lol
They could easily figure a way around previously established plot points. And Broly wanting to take revenge on Beerus would make things really interesting!

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:50 am

Broly wishing for Beerus' head due to the destruction of his home planet? Well that's certainly a more cogent rationale for Broly's muscly hysteria than crying or whatever it was in the original film. Can't say that the universe is really hurting over the Saiyans being driven to near extinction so Broly would probably be alone in his sentiment.

Outside of wanting to test their strength against this new imposing challenger, would Goku and Vegeta have any reason to fight Broly if he's only there for Beerus? They might have developed a relationship with Beerus but the man isn't exactly a trustworthy ally of theirs. At best, he's an associate of convenience who helped to facilitate their climb up the food chain. Also, I guess he would represent the "devil they know" since they wouldn't be able to anticipate how Beerus' replacement might operate. If they try to justify their opposition like that then maybe opposing Broly would make more sense, albeit it's still tenuous due to the ephemerality of Hakaishin.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:37 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Waluigiman wrote:
No he will most certainly not. Broly has far more potential than any other Saiyan in existence. He is truly special, even among Saiyans. He is just genetically superior to Goku and Vegeta, and they will never be able to keep up with his insane growth. Given enough time, Goku and Vegeta will surely surpass all the Angels and maybe even the Grand Priest. But if Goku and Vegeta can get that far.. Just try to imagine what Broly could do! He can do anything Goku and Vegeta can but a 1000 times better!

This dude literally gets stronger as he fights. And his on-the-spot zenkais have been stated to be even more potent than Hit’s and Goku Black’s! Vegeta and Goku just aren’t capable of keeping up with that.
Oh right, his power is maximum. Hahahahaha!

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:14 pm

Waluigiman wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Waluigiman wrote: Yep and eventually Goku will surpass Broly.

Oh right, his power is maximum. Hahahahaha!
Wrong sir, wrong!

His power is maximumER!

But seriously, just from the previews alone, Broly goes from fighting untransformed Goku and Vegeta, to battling them in their Blue forms while STILL suppressed (his hair is still black).

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:06 pm

While a retcon is always possible, it's doubtful. When Beerus was introduced, neither Yamoshi nor Broly were even considered. It was clear they were referencing Goku. Now they could go back and say that Broly is this Saiyan of Legend of sorts. Given he's meant to be the strongest fighter Goku and Vegeta have faced thus far now

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:33 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:While a retcon is always possible, it's doubtful. When Beerus was introduced, neither Yamoshi nor Broly were even considered. It was clear they were referencing Goku. Now they could go back and say that Broly is this Saiyan of Legend of sorts. Given he's meant to be the strongest fighter Goku and Vegeta have faced thus far now
Yamoshi was introduced in the same film as Beerus.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:25 pm

Eh, why not? Would certainly be different from the usual "everything is Goku because Goku" kind of stuff.