Planet Vegeta being wished back to life

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

Planet Vegeta being wished back to life

Post by Xeztin » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:17 am

It seems all signs of the new movie may be a catalyst of some awnsers to Vegeta’s questions but in the end cause even more questions. A lot of speculation is that it may cause Vegeta to want to go to Planet Sadala in universe 6 but I’m not sure that would really give him or Goku either one the awnsers they may seek since it is the complete opposite or U7. if Paragus doesn’t tell or know everything of the Saiyan’s deep past. It seems like now, instead of creating lore of the past and destroying planets, and making races extinct, that Toriyama is more involved in bringing back people like Freeza, Broly etc... for future stories. What do you guys think if Vegeta chooses to revive the planet to ask King Vegeta why he did what he did, and what is the true origin of the Saiyan race? Of course wishing something back like this would be a catalyst for more stories. U7 also feels entirely empty, I’d suppose Beerus would not be agaisnt this to raise the mortal level to prevent ToP from happening again. Beerus is also awake now a days, he could keep the Saiyan’s in check.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Planet Vegeta being wished back to life

Post by Ssjcell » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:01 am

Xeztin wrote:It seems all signs of the new movie may be a catalyst of some awnsers to Vegeta’s questions but in the end cause even more questions. A lot of speculation is that it may cause Vegeta to want to go to Planet Sadala in universe 6 but I’m not sure that would really give him or Goku either one the awnsers they may seek since it is the complete opposite or U7. if Paragus doesn’t tell or know everything of the Saiyan’s deep past. It seems like now, instead of creating lore of the past and destroying planets, and making races extinct, that Toriyama is more involved in bringing back people like Freeza, Broly etc... for future stories. What do you guys think if Vegeta chooses to revive the planet to ask King Vegeta why he did what he did, and what is the true origin of the Saiyan race? Of course wishing something back like this would be a catalyst for more stories. U7 also feels entirely empty, I’d suppose Beerus would not be agaisnt this to raise the mortal level to prevent ToP from happening again. Beerus is also awake now a days, he could keep the Saiyan’s in check.
Do the Saiyans outside of king Vegeta even know about beerus the destroyer? You would think they wouldnt know about anyone above frieza.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:49 am

Ssjcell wrote:
Xeztin wrote:It seems all signs of the new movie may be a catalyst of some awnsers to Vegeta’s questions but in the end cause even more questions. A lot of speculation is that it may cause Vegeta to want to go to Planet Sadala in universe 6 but I’m not sure that would really give him or Goku either one the awnsers they may seek since it is the complete opposite or U7. if Paragus doesn’t tell or know everything of the Saiyan’s deep past. It seems like now, instead of creating lore of the past and destroying planets, and making races extinct, that Toriyama is more involved in bringing back people like Freeza, Broly etc... for future stories. What do you guys think if Vegeta chooses to revive the planet to ask King Vegeta why he did what he did, and what is the true origin of the Saiyan race? Of course wishing something back like this would be a catalyst for more stories. U7 also feels entirely empty, I’d suppose Beerus would not be agaisnt this to raise the mortal level to prevent ToP from happening again. Beerus is also awake now a days, he could keep the Saiyan’s in check.
Do the Saiyans outside of king Vegeta even know about beerus the destroyer? You would think they wouldnt know about anyone above frieza.
I’m sure Beerus made dramatic entrances like he does on Earth.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:30 pm

I think the movie is going to show, in flashback, the Saiyans meeting Beerus and Beerus telling Frieza to wipe out the Saiyan Race. It's possible Paragus or the young Broly overhears this and this leads to a future arc where Vegeta swears revenge against Beerus or something of that nature.

Or as could happen, that plot point is dropped entirely and the flashbacks never show Beerus and it will simply be treated as a throw away line in RoF

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:45 pm

I think Vegeta might wish back Planet Vegeta not to revive the U7 Saiyans, but to have many U6 Saiyans migrate over there to repopulate the race in U7. Vegeta would then try to rule over this Neo-Planet Vegeta and probably wish back his parents too.
Last edited by zarmack on Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Furiza

Post by Furiza » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:49 pm

I doubt it will be wished back as decades have passed...

But I am completely for the truth coming out and that it was Beerus who ordered the destruction after all...

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:03 pm

Furiza wrote:I doubt it will be wished back as decades have passed...

But I am completely for the truth coming out and that it was Beerus who ordered the destruction after all...
Wishing back the planet itself (not its inhabitants) doesn't have a time limit for any of Dragonballs.

Furiza

Post by Furiza » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:07 pm

zarmack wrote:

Wishing back the planet itself (not its inhabitants) doesn't have a time limit for any of Dragonballs.
The OP is asking about Vegeta wishing the planet and his father back asking stuff

And why should someone bring an empty planet back? as training ground or for Broly having a home

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:10 pm

Furiza wrote:
zarmack wrote:

The OP is asking about Vegeta wishing the planet and his father back asking stuff

And why should someone bring an empty planet back? as training ground or for Broly having a home
They could use the revived planet as a colony for the U6 Saiyans, a new training spot and a new home for Broly (if he turns good and survives the film).

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:59 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:I think the movie is going to show, in flashback, the Saiyans meeting Beerus and Beerus telling Frieza to wipe out the Saiyan Race. It's possible Paragus or the young Broly overhears this and this leads to a future arc where Vegeta swears revenge against Beerus or something of that nature.

Or as could happen, that plot point is dropped entirely and the flashbacks never show Beerus and it will simply be treated as a throw away line in RoF
It wasn't just in ROF though. It was first mentioned in BOG, then again in ROF, then again in Super. It was also in the Super manga. I personally doubt that the Saiyans will ever be clued in, but it's hardly a throwaway plot point. It's classic dramatic irony, which need not necessarily be resolved.

If Toriyama ever decided to bring back Planet Vegeta, the SDBs could do it easily enough. I just don't expect it to happen.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:19 pm

"Gave permission" is all that happened. The "ordered" crap was only in the movie I believe.
zarmack wrote:
Furiza wrote:
zarmack wrote:

They could use the revived planet as a colony for the U6 Saiyans, a new training spot and a new home for Broly (if he turns good and survives the film).
Use it as an entire planet for training purposes!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:06 am

zarmack wrote:I think Vegeta might wish back Planet Vegeta not to revive the U7 Saiyans, but to have many U6 Saiyans migrate over there to repopulate the race in U7. Vegeta would then try to rule over this Neo-Planet Vegeta and probably wish back his parents too.
No offense, but this sounds like a complete fan fiction.

1, There’s no reason why the U6 saiyans would want or need to move to Planet Vegeta

2. Even if there was a reason like Planet Sadala was blown up, they could just use the Dragon Balls to resurrect Planet Sadala rather than Planet Vegeta

3. If it did happen, it wouldn’t even count as “repopulating the U7 saiyan race” since the U6 saiyans wouldn’t be creating babies with any of the U7 saiyans on Planet Vegeta since there are no U7 saiyans left.

4. There is no reason why Vegeta would want or need to rule over the U6 saiyans. He’s not that kind of person anymore

5. He doesn’t care enough about his parents anymore to wish them back. Again, he’s not that kind of person anymore

Why would you even think this is gonna happen? There’s no evidence that even hints as the slightest that this will happen. Everything you’ve suggested would be completely useless and without reason.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:24 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
zarmack wrote:I think Vegeta might wish back Planet Vegeta not to revive the U7 Saiyans, but to have many U6 Saiyans migrate over there to repopulate the race in U7. Vegeta would then try to rule over this Neo-Planet Vegeta and probably wish back his parents too.

1, There’s no reason why the U6 saiyans would want or need to move to Planet Vegeta

2. Even if there was a reason like Planet Sadala was blown up, they could just use the Dragon Balls to resurrect Planet Sadala rather than Planet Vegeta

3. If it did happen, it wouldn’t even count as “repopulating the U7 saiyan race” since the U6 saiyans wouldn’t be creating babies with any of the U7 saiyans on Planet Vegeta since there are no U7 saiyans left.

4. There is no reason why Vegeta would want or need to rule over the U6 saiyans. He’s not that kind of person anymore

5. He doesn’t care enough about his parents anymore to wish them back. Again, he’s not that kind of person anymore

Why would you even think this is gonna happen? There’s no evidence that even hints as the slightest that this will happen. Everything you’ve suggested would be completely useless and without reason.
Remember RoF? Vegeta was still pissed that Freeza blew up Planet Vegeta. And if Vegeta is "not that kind of person anymore" then why is he so eager to go to U6 Planet Sadala? Why is the normally anti-social Vegeta so quick to get along with Cabba (who just happens to by another full-blooded Saiyan)?

Also, there are several practical reasons why the Z-crew would want to have a lot of U6 Saiyans move to a new Planet Vegeta in U7. Goku & Vegeta can't defend the universe forever, let alone by themselves all of the time as the Black arc shown. By bringing in these U6 Saiyans they could raise generations of powerful warriors and heroes for U7 long after they are gone and raise U7's mortal level.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:56 am

zarmack wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

Remember RoF? Vegeta was still pissed that Freeza blew up Planet Vegeta. And if Vegeta is "not that kind of person anymore" then why is he so eager to go to U6 Planet Sadala? Why is the normally anti-social Vegeta so quick to get along with Cabba (who just happens to by another full-blooded Saiyan)?

Also, there are several practical reasons why the Z-crew would want to have a lot of U6 Saiyans move to a new Planet Vegeta in U7. Goku & Vegeta can't defend the universe forever, let alone by themselves all of the time as the Black arc shown. By bringing in these U6 Saiyans they could raise generations of powerful warriors and heroes for U7 long after they are gone and raise U7's mortal level.

1. “Pissed” is quite the exaggeration. He wasn’t raging everywhere screaming like he did when Beerus slapped Bulma. He showed zero emotion and even made a joke at Freeza before he proceeded to beat his ass. Sure, Vegeta will always be mad that Freeza blew up his planet but he isn’t pissed as he doesn’t hold that big of a grudge.

2. Of course he would want to go to Planet Sadala. Because he hasn’t seen full blooded saiyans in a while and would be interested in whats going on over there and with Cabba being the first one he’s seen in a while, he’d connect the nmost with him. Doesn’t at all mean he wants to wish back his destroyed planet and the saiyans or wants to become a ruler over saiyans.

Its not in Vegeta’s character to wish back a race of saiyans or even his parents who he knew where blood thirst savages who have killed many. And its not in his character to leave Earth and his family to rule over saiyans as its been proven multiple times that he cares way more for his family on earth than his saiyan race and even parents. Hell, he cared more about wishing for immortality than wishing back his race with the Dragon balls which just goes to show that even back when he was evil, he didn’t care enough to wish back his people or planet. And we all know that even if he tried to bring his family, Bulma and Trunks would want to stay on Earth as Bulma has a lot of her family and friends on earth and all her research and Trunks won’t go if Goten can’t and we all know Goten wouldn’t be allowed to go. Its the same reason why Vegeta won’t be a god of destruction. He’s not that kinda of person anymore and he wouldn’t want to leave his family.

3. The whole successor reason ain’t that good either. For one, Goku and Vegeta aren’t even thinking about having successors to protect the planet. And even if they did, they would focus on training their own descendants rather than taking U6 saiyans away from their own planet to defend U7. And again, you have yet to give and excuse for the biggest problem besides this whole thing being against Vegeta’s character. Why would the U6 saiyans want or need to go to U7 anyway?

Again, nothing hints at any of this stuff ever happening which is why is sounds so much like a fanfic.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:46 pm

Vegeta doesn't care about his race anymore after the Cell saga and personally having a family. He moved on from the saiyans as a whole and has more important things in his life. The only way i could see it being wished back is if Broli wants to do it

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:55 pm

PFM18 wrote:

"Gave permission" is all that happened. The "ordered" crap was only in the movie I believe.
No, the BOG movie implied heavily that Beerus expected Freeza to destroy the planet on his behalf. In the Super anime it was very explicit that Beerus ordered Freeza to do it, and in the manga too.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:00 pm

I don't want it to comeback, I've had enough of the Saiyans.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:11 pm

Terez wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

No, the BOG movie implied heavily that Beerus expected Freeza to destroy the planet on his behalf. In the Super anime it was very explicit that Beerus ordered Freeza to do it, and in the manga too.
Oh my bad. I know in the RoF arc(or movie?) somebody made a comment to Freeza about destroying Vegeta and then Whis whispered to Beerus commenting that he gave permission/authorization.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:55 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
zarmack wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: No offense, but this sounds like a complete fan fiction.

1. “Pissed” is quite the exaggeration. He wasn’t raging everywhere screaming like he did when Beerus slapped Bulma. He showed zero emotion and even made a joke at Freeza before he proceeded to beat his ass. Sure, Vegeta will always be mad that Freeza blew up his planet but he isn’t pissed as he doesn’t hold that big of a grudge.

2. Of course he would want to go to Planet Sadala. Because he hasn’t seen full blooded saiyans in a while and would be interested in whats going on over there and with Cabba being the first one he’s seen in a while, he’d connect the nmost with him. Doesn’t at all mean he wants to wish back his destroyed planet and the saiyans or wants to become a ruler over saiyans.

Its not in Vegeta’s character to wish back a race of saiyans or even his parents who he knew where blood thirst savages who have killed many. And its not in his character to leave Earth and his family to rule over saiyans as its been proven multiple times that he cares way more for his family on earth than his saiyan race and even parents. Hell, he cared more about wishing for immortality than wishing back his race with the Dragon balls which just goes to show that even back when he was evil, he didn’t care enough to wish back his people or planet. And we all know that even if he tried to bring his family, Bulma and Trunks would want to stay on Earth as Bulma has a lot of her family and friends on earth and all her research and Trunks won’t go if Goten can’t and we all know Goten wouldn’t be allowed to go. Its the same reason why Vegeta won’t be a god of destruction. He’s not that kinda of person anymore and he wouldn’t want to leave his family.

3. The whole successor reason ain’t that good either. For one, Goku and Vegeta aren’t even thinking about having successors to protect the planet. And even if they did, they would focus on training their own descendants rather than taking U6 saiyans away from their own planet to defend U7. And again, you have yet to give and excuse for the biggest problem besides this whole thing being against Vegeta’s character. Why would the U6 saiyans want or need to go to U7 anyway?

Again, nothing hints at any of this stuff ever happening which is why is sounds so much like a fanfic.
1. Nobody said a thing about wishing back the U7 Saiyans. You are putting words in my mouth smh.

2. If its "not in his character" then why does he still keep going on and on about Saiyan pride in both GT and Super? Then why did he beg Goku to avenge their race and their parents on Namek? If it was "not in his character" then none of this would still be going on.

3. The "why didn't he try to wish back his parents" argument is easily debunked when you realize that Shenron and Porunga can't bring back a large group of people that have been dead for over a year.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:59 pm

CTAkuma wrote:Vegeta doesn't care about his race anymore after the Cell saga and personally having a family. He moved on from the saiyans as a whole and has more important things in his life. The only way i could see it being wished back is if Broli wants to do it
If that's true then why does he still keep going on and on about Saiyan pride in both GT and Super? Then why did he beg Goku to avenge their race and their parents on Namek? Then why does he still call himself the Saiyan Prince in both GT and Super? Then why is he so interested in going to Planet Sadala and wishing back U6 in the ToP? If he had stopped caring then none of this would still be going on.