Why can’t they wish back Bardock and Gine?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: Why can’t they wish back Bardock and Gine?

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:10 am

I'm sorry but some people just have to stay dead, even in Dragon Ball.

This list includes Android 16, Grandpa Gohan, Raditz and Bardock and Gine.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:39 am

Bergamo wrote:
TobyS wrote:1. Their souls have almost certainly been recycled by now.
2. Goku doesn't know they aren't total bastards like Vegeta or Raditz. (Which is actually a cool tragic element to the Bardock Retcon.
3. Bardock is still alive having been snatched by Mira and Towa, and somewhere out there lost in time due to Xenoverse events if you see that as Canon.
If Xenoverse is canon, then so are DBFZ and the SDBH anime.
DBFZ could fit I suppose Xeno and Heroes seem to be mutually exclusive. Unless you are just talking about Ult mission only.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:55 pm

Its been 30+ years since they've died. Goku would probably be older than his parents if they were revived. I don't think they want to introduce that dynamic to the audience.

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:00 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Goku barely knew them and has no memory of them or any connection to them at all.
AnimeNation101 wrote: What do you mean “recycled”? As far as i remember, there was never a time limit to how long a person could be dead before they’re unable to be wished back.
The cycle of reincarnation. Their souls are purified, stripped of their memories and reincarnated as someone else.
When was it established that all dead people get reincarnated?
Way back in the Buu arc, just before Vegeta sacrifices himself. Although, it's not really ALL dead people but just those that don't go to heaven (Kaio notwithstanding). Piccolo explained that the souls that go down to hell get cleansed and reincarnated as new life and, as recently revealed by Toriyama, some souls take a lot of time to be cleansed based on how evil they are. I have no doubt that Bardock was sent to hell and has likely already been reincarnated and Gine was most likely sent down, too.