Possible reason for using metamoran over potara(Theory)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Possible reason for using metamoran over potara(Theory)

Post by PFM18 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:33 pm

Alright so we are all wondering obviously how they are going to come up with an excuse to use Gogeta instead of Vegetto. I have a theory as to how that could work:

Broly is fighting Goku and Vegeta for a while and growing stronger as he fights, and then finally uses his LSSJ form and blows everybody away. Beerus senses it and thinks that it would be a fun fight to fight Broly,since we know he is interested in fighting strong opponents like we saw in BoG. (Or Broly destroys some food tray or something) Beerus confronts Broly and they are fighting fairly evenly but Broly's power is continuing to grow. Then, somehow it is brought up that Beerus authorized Planet Vegeta's destruction at the hands of Freeza. Then, Broly lets loose into a fit of rage, accelerating his power growth. As a result, Broly mercilessly kills Beerus. Since Beerus and Kaioshin are a pair who's lives are tied together, he also dies and so they cannot use his potara to make Vegetto. As a last resort, with potara fusion out of the question, and this behemoth of a character in front of them, they decide to fuse with the fusion dance as Freeza distracts/holds off Broly realizing that this guy is out of control and will kill him if Goku and Vegeta don't fuse.

TL;DR: Brolly kills Beerus and so Kaioshin can't give them potara because they both die when Beerus dies.

I honestly want Beerus to die in this movie so badly. It would REALLY establish tension and would be a shock to everyone involved. And if they are adamant about using Gogeta instead of Vegetto this could be their reason. We all know that metamoran is an inferior fusion compared to potara, so there has to be some kind of reason why they'll use metamoran here. Also it wouldn't contradict EoZ because Beerus obviously isn't there during EoZ.

What do you guys think?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Possible reason for using metamoran over potara(Theory)

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:38 pm

As much as I'd like to see Beerus go all out, I doubt he'll fight at all and much less die. Best case scenario they just do the fusion dance because Toriyama wants them to and boom, Gogeta happens.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:48 pm

Vegito should have lasted 1 hour, but due to the FInal Kamehameha, he ended after like 9 minutes. And if it hadn't been for Trunks blocking Fused Zamasu's mighty blow with his sword of friendship and love, Goku and Vegeta would have died due to this grave miscalculation.

Point is, after Vegito's flop in the Future Trunks arc (because it was a flop, he barely accomplished anything and actually failed to last for 1 hour like he was supposed to), Goku and Vegeta should be wary about using Potara fusion again. The last time they used it, it nearly got them killed! Surely they haven't forgotten about that already (even though at least one year has passed between Fused Zamasu and Broly), and as a result using the Potara again should truly be a last desperate resort should every other option prove futile.

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:02 pm

Broly was exiled from Planet Vegeta, he won't care that it was blown up. I don't see an emotional attachment to Planet Vegeta from anyone besides Vegeta.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:18 pm

Yedis wrote:Broly was exiled from Planet Vegeta, he won't care that it was blown up. I don't see an emotional attachment to Planet Vegeta from anyone besides Vegeta.
Alright well maybe he kills Beerus anyway lol. Point is, I want Beerus to die and the associated shock value and tension increase.

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:10 pm

Yeah uh...there's no way beerus is dying like EVER. On a side note the reason that metamoran fusion is usef instead of potara could be as simple as shin not being around to give Goku and Vegeta the earrings.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:53 pm

Nokra wrote:Yeah uh...there's no way beerus is dying like EVER. On a side note the reason that metamoran fusion is usef instead of potara could be as simple as shin not being around to give Goku and Vegeta the earrings.
well exactly. In this case Shin wouldn't be around because Beerus was killed and they are a pair

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:00 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Nokra wrote:Yeah uh...there's no way beerus is dying like EVER. On a side note the reason that metamoran fusion is usef instead of potara could be as simple as shin not being around to give Goku and Vegeta the earrings.
well exactly. In this case Shin wouldn't be around because Beerus was killed and they are a pair
Idk. I doubt they'd kill off someone as popular as beerus and even if they did he would just be brought back with the dragon balls. I honestly don't think beerus will even fight although I would love to see him do so against broly.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:22 pm

Nice theory there but what about Elder Kaioshin's earrings?

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:22 pm

I think IF Gogeta appears, it'll be due to the fact Goku and Vegeta need to fuse and no Kai will be around to supply Potara. Vegito and Kefla happened because there were Kais. No Kais, no Potara

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:23 pm

Nokra wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Idk. I doubt they'd kill off someone as popular as beerus and even if they did he would just be brought back with the dragon balls. I honestly don't think beerus will even fight although I would love to see him do so against broly.
"Even if he died he'd just be brought back by the Dragon Balls" applies to literally every character lol. IIRC, in the original series Baba and Satan were the only ones not to die and yet everyone is fine at the end of the series. It's just a matter of how long he would stay dead or how it would impact the arc in which he dies. Death ultimately means nothing in this series. I wouldn't be pissed if Broly killed him and then he was brought back in the next arc. That happened almost every arc in the original series.
ZombieVito wrote:Nice theory there but what about Elder Kaioshin's earrings?
I don't know that is kind of a "loop hole" to this. I don't know maybe Kaioshin doesn't have a pair at that time or he can't make it to Earth? I don't really know. But I want them to do something with this premise that the GoDs and Kaioshins have their lives linked.
MKCSTEALTH wrote:I think IF Gogeta appears, it'll be due to the fact Goku and Vegeta need to fuse and no Kai will be around to supply Potara. Vegito and Kefla happened because there were Kais. No Kais, no Potara
Well yeah. Like I said, in this case there would be no Kaioshin because Beerus was killed and they're a pair.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:49 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:Vegito should have lasted 1 hour, but due to the FInal Kamehameha, he ended after like 9 minutes. And if it hadn't been for Trunks blocking Fused Zamasu's mighty blow with his sword of friendship and love, Goku and Vegeta would have died due to this grave miscalculation.

Point is, after Vegito's flop in the Future Trunks arc (because it was a flop, he barely accomplished anything and actually failed to last for 1 hour like he was supposed to), Goku and Vegeta should be wary about using Potara fusion again. The last time they used it, it nearly got them killed! Surely they haven't forgotten about that already (even though at least one year has passed between Fused Zamasu and Broly), and as a result using the Potara again should truly be a last desperate resort should every other option prove futile.
I think this is a bad way of looking at things. See, its ZAMASU, who outpowered and outsmarted Vegetto, anyone else would have gone down in an instant(Like that boorish Broly) . And had they NOT Been Vegetto they would have been killed in seconds, For someone who seems to love Zamasu this fact eluded even you. Interesting.

EDIT:BTW I love your posting style, so poetic and fluid. Alsways a delight to read.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:08 am

By the way, I doubt that they'll really kill Beerus since he's such a fan-favourite plus he hasn't had the chance ot unveil his true power yet and dominate.
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:Vegito should have lasted 1 hour, but due to the FInal Kamehameha, he ended after like 9 minutes. And if it hadn't been for Trunks blocking Fused Zamasu's mighty blow with his sword of friendship and love, Goku and Vegeta would have died due to this grave miscalculation.

I think this is a bad way of looking at things. See, its ZAMASU, who outpowered and outsmarted Vegetto, anyone else would have gone down in an instant(Like that boorish Broly) . And had they NOT Been Vegetto they would have been killed in seconds, For someone who seems to love Zamasu this fact eluded even you. Interesting.

EDIT:BTW I love your posting style, so poetic and fluid. Alsways a delight to read.
Indeed, but you see, Zamasu is such a complex and multi-layered character that even I still don't understand him completely.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:27 am

Such a great post. Indeed it is so.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:25 am

OR...
They just don't have quick access to the Potara earrings.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:32 pm

I don't know, it sounds too thought-out for Toriyama, it'll probably be just because, no explanation, no questions, nothing. Of course, Broly won't let them and Freeza will have to stall him like Paikuhan did in Fusion Reborn.

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:48 pm

Another reason could be the fundamental difference between Potara fusion and Dance fusion: the dance is a technique and therefore can be potentially mastered or improved upon.

The Potara fusion just works as is. It provides a variable boost depending on whether the participants are rivals or not, but other than that, there's no modifying it.

The Dance fusion, on the other hand, has room for improvement. I think it's even been stated that most of the dance is unnecessary, that true masters of the technique can simply point to each other, shout "Ha!", and fuse that way. For all we know, such improvement, if Goku and Vegeta could attain it, could make Gogeta Blue just as powerful as Vegetto Blue and longer lasting, make the Gogeta fusion even more powerful than Vegetto, or even both.
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!