Can Android 21 be our next villain?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Oniman
Banned

Can Android 21 be our next villain?

Post by Oniman » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:30 pm

If Broly can become our new villain in Super because his popualrity, could Android 21 be next? She is a very popular right now and all of the Dragon Ball series after DB has some tie in with the RR Army expect for Super (so far). Not to mention, we never had a female main villain before and it would be nice for a change. It feels like a tradition to have a android villain in the series seeing how DBZ had #16-Cell and GT had Super 17.
Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one's who little path would make me sad. Whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Can Android 21 be our next villain?

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:44 pm

Android 21 become boring when she turn out to be a Female Majin Buu, but a female main villain would be cool indeed.

I vote for Towa.
She's popular, she's designed by Toriyama too and it's about time for the main show to have an arc about the Demon Realm. We already have Gods and Angels. Demons should be next.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:43 pm

If A21 were to become a thing in any animated medium, it would need a bit of rework, mainly not tieing her to the RRA as at this point in time they a relic of the past that's very detached from modern Dragon Ball.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:55 pm

Please no. New villains and new ideas only. Broly is fine because he has an absurd amount of wasted potential as a character and he can tie in the history of the Saiyans.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:29 pm

I do think it is possible. Super is the only DB series so far that didn't have any Androids and they could have her with Broli's DNA if they want her to be stronger.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:41 pm

PFM18 wrote:Please no. New villains and new ideas only. Broly is fine because he has an absurd amount of wasted potential as a character and he can tie in the history of the Saiyans.
I agree, but I would like the idea of the queen of the demon realm being the big bad for an arc, but not necessarily Towa specifically. It would be a breath of fresh air for the fandom.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:44 pm

I like 21, but think it's too late and I honestly think that her antagonism was something big to she. It could have worked shortly after ROF arc or shortly after the champa tournament I do not see it possible now, although I personally think it would have been good ally of some villain maybe zamasu .. taking advantage of the return of the temporary line of trunks and there would be more participation of some warriors.
Also given the form of his actions Goku Black wants to exterminate all ningens and majin android 21 eating everybody, I could do good team up.

another option is that it is from another universe but a lot of history it is eliminated in the process.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:02 am

PFM18 wrote:Please no. New villains and new ideas only. Broly is fine because he has an absurd amount of wasted potential as a character and he can tie in the history of the Saiyans.
Like what from other universes? Or from the demon realm? Or some Eldridge horror?

LimitbreakerKrillin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LimitbreakerKrillin » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:21 am

they could bring android 13, 14 and 15 into series aswell along with 21.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:34 am

She could be the center of the next arc after the Broly movie. It would also be an excuse to bring back Cell.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:41 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:If A21 were to become a thing in any animated medium, it would need a bit of rework, mainly not tieing her to the RRA as at this point in time they a relic of the past that's very detached from modern Dragon Ball.
Her backstory with Dr.Gero and the RRA is where her whole identity comes from. If you are gonna take that away, you might as well create a whole new character.

A21Fan

Post by A21Fan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:36 am

I would also like to see her in the Anime.

There are dozens of RR labs still hidden on the db world ... so a 2nd, even better supercomputer could have worked on her development the whole time until the current db super time. (Everything reappeared anyway after the Earth was blown up by Buu so thats not a problem)

I dont see how it would contradict the story, so it should still be possible i guess.

Maybe change her ambitions (besides eating everyone :twisted:) and give the character a bit more depth.

I could imagine seeing her working together with Towa ^^

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:58 am

God, no. Her entire character is shameless otaku pandering. There are good concepts that could be developed well but I'm sick of Earth-based villains at this point.

A21Fan

Post by A21Fan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:44 am

Doctor. wrote:God, no. Her entire character is shameless otaku pandering. There are good concepts that could be developed well but I'm sick of Earth-based villains at this point.
I can understand the first part but whats the problem with earth based villains?

Its unrealistic that there is forever peace on that planet, i wouldnt like that.

Lets make the Dragonballs important again and show what damage they can cause ... i can think of multiple wishes which can cause severe damage to our "heroes" and the whole universe.

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:51 am

Not gonna happen. I don't see Toriyama bringing a video game character into the main series even if it's one he created like Towa. On a side note, I'd be happy if Towa, Mira and the timebreakers/time patrollers were brought into the series.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:52 am

I'm not really familiar with who and what #21 is. She's a cyborg exclusive character from the games, right?

I would personally prefer to not have Gero and the RRA get drudged up again for a third time. Let's move on to new concepts and villains. The only original antagonist Super conceived of that wasn't affiliated with a tournament or a previous film was Zamasu. There definitely needs to be more variation in the modern rogue's gallery besides Freeza and Jiren.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:37 am

Nokra wrote:Not gonna happen. I don't see Toriyama bringing a video game character into the main series even if it's one he created like Towa. On a side note, I'd be happy if Towa, Mira and the timebreakers/time patrollers were brought into the series.
I get your point, but remember we used to say the same thing about Broly and other movie characters.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:18 am

No, nor should they bring back any other non canon villain. They can get away with it for Broly because he's immensely popular, the idea hasn't been done before and the character didn't have much to him so there's room to improve.

After that they shouldn't recycle anyone else, they can't be that strapped for ideas.

A21Fan

Post by A21Fan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:36 am

Bullza wrote: After that they shouldn't recycle anyone else, they can't be that strapped for ideas.
Haha, who knows what they are thinking right now.

Maybe they will bring back Cell without spots :lol:

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:49 am

If she is reworked I would like that in a not that long arc.

They would need to keep her double personality, without the exaggerated hunger. There would be no clones but various robots/androids who are weak for Goku and such but might give the Earthlings and Piccolo a run for their money.
Finally #17 and #18 could be mind-controlled to some extent to spicy things up.

The arc would revolve around finding various labs around the World, most of them with a sort of mini-boss. Until eventually we find out her location a big fight would ensue underground in the main lab. The location would help out her and hurt Goku and crew for a more interesting battle.

No idea about her final fate, it depends on the angle.

Basically a semi-adventure arc, with a bunch of the cast actively participating and with some drama with #17 and #18. The arc would start with #18 almost killing Kuririn.