Vegeta and Freeza after the TOP

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Vegeta and Freeza after the TOP

Post by TheRed259 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:23 am

DragonBall Super - Episode 96
Vegeta: That angel's halo suits you very well, Freeza.
Freeza: It'd look better on you. I could give you one as a present.
Vegeta: Oh?
Do you think that they will eventually fight at some point in the future?

And if that happens, do you think that Freeza will beat Vegeta somehow (I know that Vegeta is stronger but I also have in mind that Toriyama doesn't like him that much and that Toei loves paying homages to previous fights like they did with Goku Vs Kale) or will Vegeta finish him off once and for all?

I am hoping for the latter one! :thumbup:

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Vegeta and Freeza after the TOP

Post by Lionel » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:06 am

I think whatever indignities Vegeta suffered were paid back when he brutalised and humiliated Freeza in the ROF arc's climax. If they did fight again then the catalyst would be what? Freeza slandering Vegeta with his tongue stuck out during a brief conversation? Were they to fight then I would hope for some kind of character role subversion where the aggressor and defender positions are swapped. Perhaps Vegeta seeks out Freeza in the depths of space on his own only to find that his nemesis has been steadily building up his power to combat the Saiyans. In an unexpected twist of fate Freeza brings the prince down to his knees but allows him to return home for whatever self-motivational interests which I hope would help to distinguish him from his Namek arc personality.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:04 am

Unless they focus on Freeza's goal to overthrow the GoDs and Zeno in the future (if Super comes back to TV), I honestly think they should just kill Freeza off for good.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:09 am

zarmack wrote:Unless they focus on Freeza's goal to overthrow the GoDs and Zeno in the future (if Super comes back to TV), I honestly think they should just kill Freeza off for good.
Nah that is a stupid idea Frieza is here to stay from now on. Also death is cheap.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:45 pm

I think Freeza is dying in the movie, hopefully by Vegeta’s hand. That would be “cool” as they said he would be

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:36 pm

I will talk about this if Freeza survives in the new movie.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:05 pm

Maybe it's a signature three-part Toriyama fake out. Like Goku's attempts to win the tournament; he loses in the first, which is expected; he loses in the second, which is a shock; and he finally succeeds in the third, but notably, only after the tournament had become irrelevant. Vegeta's attempts to kill Freeza could be in a similar boat. He tried and failed on Namek and in ROF, only to succeed in this new movie, long after Freeza has become irrelevant (unless he pulls "four months" out of his ass again, Goku and Vegeta should be able to one-shot him considering the beating Kale/Toppo gave him; the threat in the movie is Broly).
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freezerbaby » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:06 am

I think freeza is dying in the movie, he is not seen in the last battle against Broly, I think as well Broly will kill him to showcase his huge power.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:02 am

Freezerbaby wrote:I think freeza is dying in the movie, he is not seen in the last battle against Broly, I think as well Broly will kill him to showcase his huge power.
That is a stupid idea he already did that with Goku and Vegeta.

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freezerbaby » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:14 pm

Toxin45 wrote:
Freezerbaby wrote:I think freeza is dying in the movie, he is not seen in the last battle against Broly, I think as well Broly will kill him to showcase his huge power.
What I make of the trailer is that he is jumped by Broly early on in the movie right after the " saiyans origin arc" he gets stomped by base Broly, turns golden, beats Broly down and gets cocky, Broly turns super saiyan and kills him, then proceeds to travel to Earth to take on Goku and Vegeta.

By the way, your not liking my idea is ok to me, but please be more respectfull, especially considering the movie has not been released yet.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:16 pm

Freezerbaby wrote:
Toxin45 wrote:
What I make of the trailer is that he is jumped by Broly early on in the movie right after the " saiyans origin arc" he gets stomped by base Broly, turns golden, beats Broly down and gets cocky, Broly turns super saiyan and kills him, then proceeds to travel to Earth to take on Goku and Vegeta.

By the way, your not liking my idea is ok to me, but please be more respectfull, especially considering the movie has not been released yet.
Nah they would not be a good idea but that scene seems to have been during the climax so it's too early to judge so don't make any conclusions. Also Goku is also figthning in the same place as frieza so you got it wrong.

Furiza

Post by Furiza » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:44 am

I can see Vegeta being still after Freeza but right in before he wants to smack him around Freeza will tell that Beerus was the one giving the OK after all.

Distracting him... Maybe Freeza maybe will tell Vegeta that he doesn't care to much about him as well and say his main goal are the gods

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:59 am

TheRed259 wrote: Do you think that they will eventually fight at some point in the future?

And if that happens, do you think that Freeza will beat Vegeta somehow (I know that Vegeta is stronger but I also have in mind that Toriyama doesn't like him that much and that Toei loves paying homages to previous fights like they did with Goku Vs Kale) or will Vegeta finish him off once and for all?

I think that both Frieza and Vegeta are no longer in a 'kill on sight' mode where the other one is concerned, but they also need little provocation to start punching each other's lights out.

Broly's movie will play a big role on how Vegeta (and Goku) will look at Frieza for the immediate future (unless Frieza perishes in the movie, which is something I really, really hope won't happen).

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:56 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
TheRed259 wrote: Do you think that they will eventually fight at some point in the future?

I think that both Frieza and Vegeta are no longer in a 'kill on sight' mode where the other one is concerned, but they also need little provocation to start punching each other's lights out.
Right. Let's not forget Vegeta mocks Freeza for his halo and then the latter threatens to kill the former. There's tons of tension there and they dont need much of an excuse to kill each other but they arent instantly going to be hostile/in attack mode.