Would Potential Unleashed Future Trunks still have awakened Super Saiyan Rage?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Would Potential Unleashed Future Trunks still have awakened Super Saiyan Rage?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:58 pm

In the Future Trunks Saga of the Dragon Ball Super Anime, if Future Trunks had broken the Future Z Sword a week or 2 before Future Babidi and the Future Majin Minions of the pint-sized Sorcerer had invaded Future Earth, and had gotten his Potential Unlocked by Future Elder Supreme Kai, would he still have gotten Super Saiyan Rage or would he have forcibly powered up his Mystic state from his perfectly understandable rage over Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black and Future Zamasu?

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Would Potential Unleashed Future Trunks still have awakened Super Saiyan Rage?

Post by Lionel » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:37 pm

I'm thinking comprehension of a new dimension of power is important in achieving entry to it. Since the time frame stipulated is before Trunks fought Dabura/Babidi and met Goku Black, my guess is that he would have achieved some high level Buu standard power comparable to Ultimate Gohan (maybe not quite as strong, depending on who you think has more potential or if they're equal).

If we're factoring in the Copy-Vegeta arc confrontation between the aforementioned replica in base versus SSJ3 Gotenks then it stands to reason that Trunks would have been helpless to oppose Black all the same.