Will Broly Join Vegeta and Goku on their potential trip to Planet Sadala?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: Will Broly Join Vegeta and Goku on their potential trip to Planet Sadala?

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:32 am

Grimlock wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:And when they have a whole room dedicated to creating DB arcs and ideas, they should at least know what the fans want and are asking for.
Are fans asking for mediocre retellings and endless tournaments without stories both making up most of the series? That'd be terrib... Oh wait...!

Anyway, as for the actual question here: I feel like Broly and Kale meeting each other should be a point for games to explore. I feel like the series doing it would be a waste of time, especially when it has more things to cover/deal/showcase.
Before trying to make a witty comment, at least do some research. The DBRoom was established in late 2016. Way after the retellings. And even then, I'm pretty sure (dont quote me) that the re-tellings were a Toriyama idea.

And the T.o.P idea was probably an arc idea created before the DBRoom since we know Toriyama plans arcs way before they air and the T.o.P idea was first introduced in the U6 arc so the T.o.P idea might have even been long planned before the DBRoom was established. And even if it wasn’t, it could just be that Toriyama wanted the arc and Toriyama’s word is very influential.

And no. Leaving Broly meeting Kale to the games would be just another mess up. The games dont ever expand upon character relationships and dialogue as much as the anime or manga could. All they do is explore the fighting. If they left Kale meeting Broly to the games, all we’d get is some kinda fight out of it. They shouldn’t leave their interesting plot point to the games just for them to mediocrely handle it by either not expanding upon it and just making a fight out of it, imo. Hell, SDBH has an anime and even their character interactions aren’t that good.

Its better to let the the anime and manga tackle the meeting of the 2 and just have the games adapt it or something. And plus. More people care about the show than the games. So it would be smarter to have the meeting happen in the anime.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:06 pm

Kale in her controlled "berserk" form combined with Caulifla's SSJ2 form, was overpowered by Goku's red God form.

Broly took Vegeta's fully unblocked punch in his red God form, and all it did was piss him off. Broly also raked Goku's face through an iceberg. All without golden (let alone green) hair. And this is against post-ToP Goku and Vegeta.

Broly is kind of terrifying in terms of raw power.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:Kale in her controlled "berserk" form combined with Caulifla's SSJ2 form, was overpowered by Goku's red God form.

Broly took Vegeta's fully unblocked punch in his red God form, and all it did was piss him off. Broly also raked Goku's face through an iceberg. All without golden (let alone green) hair. And this is against post-ToP Goku and Vegeta.

Broly is kind of terrifying in terms of raw power.
Yeah and you should add that while Broly was blocking SSG Vegeta's punch, he was in his base form.

When Goku & Vegeta were charging beam attacks at the very end of #3 trailer, that dude was only in his SSJ form. He went full power afterwards (probably).

This dude base power level seems to be almost as powerful as holding back Jiren from the TOP.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:58 pm

Maybe Bulma could fetch a new necklace to ensure he behaves decently in front of the king. :mrgreen:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:19 pm

It could set up all kinds of interesting character dynamics, and even lay down the foundation for further character development for Broly and potentially Kale. Why not?

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:22 pm

I want Broly to die tragically, from his own battle power. I don't like the idea of him becoming a recurring character because that diminishes the uniqueness of his overwhelming power. Last thing I want is for him to become the next Gohan.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:00 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:I want Broly to die tragically, from his own battle power. I don't like the idea of him becoming a recurring character because that diminishes the uniqueness of his overwhelming power. Last thing I want is for him to become the next Gohan.
The problem is ... you cannot really 'die' in Dragon Ball, even erasure can be made undone.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:08 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:I want Broly to die tragically, from his own battle power. I don't like the idea of him becoming a recurring character because that diminishes the uniqueness of his overwhelming power. Last thing I want is for him to become the next Gohan.
Problem is if he dies his power will be overshadowed anyway, keeping him alive is actually benefitial to his strength aspect. As for characterisation its better for him to meet with the other characters and give him his own "friends" or something along those lines.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:32 am

Well after the spoilers it's possible.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:32 am

Toxin45 wrote:Well after the spoilers it's possible.
Which makes me hyped
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:22 pm

Considering nearly all of the Saiyans Broly has ever known have quite a bit of muscle definition and what not, he'll probably be a bit surprised at how small Cabba, Kale, and Caulifla are when he first meets them. And on the flipside, Broly is big even for U7 Saiyans. I'm sure the U6 trio will be wondering what he's been eating to get so big.

Whether they would WANT to eat it is another question though.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:05 am

Jackalope89 wrote:Considering nearly all of the Saiyans Broly has ever known have quite a bit of muscle definition and what not, he'll probably be a bit surprised at how small Cabba, Kale, and Caulifla are when he first meets them. And on the flipside, Broly is big even for U7 Saiyans. I'm sure the U6 trio will be wondering what he's been eating to get so big.

Whether they would WANT to eat it is another question though.
A spider diet makes you apparently 10 feet tall