Will Broly Join Vegeta and Goku on their potential trip to Planet Sadala?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Will Broly Join Vegeta and Goku on their potential trip to Planet Sadala?

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:54 pm

There is good evidence that Broly will survive the movie. But the question still remaining is what role will his character play in the future. Some think he’ll be a full blown Z-Fighter while others think he’ll just be a wildcard type of character that isn’t really apart of a good guy team but if there is a universe or multiverse threat, he’ll come and fight.

With the Sadala arc being the most expected arc of Super 2.0, my question is, if Broly does survive, will he join Vegeta and Goku on their journey to Sadala?

When thinking about fanservice, you’d think it would be stupid of Toei to pass up the chance of having Broly vs Kale. Exactly like with Frost and Freeza, many would love to both see interactions between and a fight between the two hulks of Dragon Ball. So that piece of fanservice would be a reason for Toei to bring Broly along for the ride.

Another point is in explaining Broly’s power. I’d hope that we would get an explanation for Broly’s power but the chances are slimming. With Planet Sadala being a more advanced saiyan race as its survived longer than U7 saiyans, there could be saiyan scientists who research S-Cells and all that and can give an explanation of Broly’s power.

Finally, he’d be one of the only 3 full blooded saiyans left. The Planet Sadala arc would basically be the spiritual sequel to the Broly movie. The Broly movie gives us U7 saiyan history and then the Sadala arc gives is U6 saiyan history.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Will Broly Join Vegeta and Goku on their potential trip to Planet Sadala?

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:57 pm

If he does survive, it's very likely. Especially seeing how they're building the movie up to be the story of the three of them, and the trio of Broly, Goku, and Vegeta parallels Kale, Caulifla, and Cabbe from U6. It's inevitable

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:01 pm

I doubt he'll survive so only Goku and Vegeta would go to U6

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:12 pm

Nokra wrote:I doubt he'll survive so only Goku and Vegeta would go to U6
I don’t know man. Between how they’ve kept Freeza alive and how much of a cash cow Broly is and the fact that design sheets came out that hint at Broly’s survival, i think theres a 70 percent chance he’ll survive
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:12 pm

I still have doubts the Planet Salad trip's happening at all. They teased it so long with no payoff.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:14 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
I don’t know man. Between how they’ve kept Freeza alive and how much of a cash cow Broly is and the fact that design sheets came out that hint at Broly’s survival, i think theres a 70 percent chance he’ll survive
Design sheets mean a character will survive now? :eh:
Last edited by Nokra on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:14 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:If he does survive, it's very likely. Especially seeing how they're building the movie up to be the story of the three of them, and the trio of Broly, Goku, and Vegeta parallels Kale, Caulifla, and Cabbe from U6. It's inevitable
Yeah. There were parallels before but now the parallels are even greater.

Caulifla - Goku

Cabba - Vegeta

Kale - Broly

Yeah, its a perfect fit. Now i’d be disappointed if Broly DOESN’T come on the trip, i’d be disappointed.

But now I'm wondering whether Broly would be able to take a mentor role for Kale. Or maybe they’ll be those 2 akward saiyans.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:20 pm

Nokra wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Design sheets mean a character will survive now? :D
Character sheets came out showing base form Broly in battle damage with his purple pants and missing his freeza armor top.

The fact that he is:

1. Missing his top Freeza armor (because when he goes Legendary, the armor breaks)

2. He is battle damaged (which shows that this is him after a fight)

3. He’s in the same purple tights that he was in when he fights Goku and Vegeta in the final battle (which shows that this is Broly after the final battle)

So in conclusion, the design sheets show an alive Broly from the aftermath of the final battle. Which is huge evidence that Broly survives the battle

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:22 pm

Its 80% likely that Broly survives, so he would definitely go to Planet Sadala with Goku & Vegeta.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:23 pm

Chuquita wrote:I still have doubts the Planet Salad trip's happening at all. They teased it so long with no payoff.
I'm thinking that with how far ahead Toei plans, my wishful thinking is telling me that maybe DBS Part 1 is just a series of arcs that introduce plot elements and DBSuper Part 2 will deliver on all the mentioned plot elements.

- Planet Sadala

- Jiren and his evil-doer

- Universes 13 to 18

- Universes 1, 5, 8, and 12

- Zalama

- Beerus rematch

All these plot points have been introduced in Super 1.0 for Super 2.0 to expand upon each of these topics.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:30 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I still have doubts the Planet Salad trip's happening at all. They teased it so long with no payoff.
I'm thinking that with how far ahead Toei plans, my wishful thinking is telling me that maybe DBS Part 1 is just a series of arcs that introduce plot elements and DBSuper Part 2 will deliver on all the mentioned plot elements.

- Planet Sadala

- Universes 13 to 18

- Zalama

- Beerus rematch

All these plot points have been introduced in Super 1.0 for Super 2.0 to expand upon each of these topics.
That'd be very Marvel Cinematic Universe of them. I wish I had as much faith in Shueisha/Toei/Toriyama as you do, but I just don't right now. Maybe when I learn everything about the Brolli movie's plot? Maybe.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:35 pm

Chuquita wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

- Planet Sadala

- Universes 13 to 18

- Zalama

- Beerus rematch

That'd be very Marvel Cinematic Universe of them. I wish I had as much faith in Shueisha/Toei/Toriyama as you do, but I just don't right now. Maybe when I learn everything about the Brolli movie's plot? Maybe.
Its not faith as much as it its being smart. If they love fanservice, not delivering on these plot points would be some of the stupidest decisions they’ve made. And when they have a whole room dedicated to creating DB arcs and ideas, they should at least know what the fans want and are asking for. And its horrible story telling to NOT follow up on these plot points.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:19 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: I'm thinking that with how far ahead Toei plans, my wishful thinking is telling me that maybe DBS Part 1 is just a series of arcs that introduce plot elements and DBSuper Part 2 will deliver on all the mentioned plot elements.

- Planet Sadala

- Universes 13 to 18

- Zalama

- Beerus rematch

Its not faith as much as it its being smart. If they love fanservice, not delivering on these plot points would be some of the stupidest decisions they’ve made. And when they have a whole room dedicated to creating DB arcs and ideas, they should at least know what the fans want and are asking for. And its horrible story telling to NOT follow up on these plot points.

Well then I hope they're smart enough to not leave those plot threads hanging. I'd like them to have concrete proof because I'm at the point where I'd prefer having proof, but I've been waiting 2 years on that Uni 6 saiyan world thing. I won't dismiss it, but I will remain cautious.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:39 pm

From Toei's perspective? Most likely yes

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:38 am

He won’t, because they will kill him off.
He is too powerful to be kept around.

LimitbreakerKrillin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LimitbreakerKrillin » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:50 am

it would be kinda fun to basically see the old geezer version of universe 6 trio just hang around

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:27 pm

After watching the 3rd trailer, its obvious to me that Broly will survive the movie and go to Sadala with Goku & Vegeta.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:28 am

They are hyping him up for a reason. If he's popular wit people, the arc after the Broly arc is the moment to keep him around.
Broly- and Sadala-storylines are likely to follow each other in one nice flow.
Intresting to see what the interaction will be between the U6-Saiyans and Broly.
I don't think Broly should be always present, he's just fine like a recurring character (type Freeza).

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:37 am

Mercenary wrote:He won’t, because they will kill him off.
He is too powerful to be kept around.
Fan Money is more powerful than Broly.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:19 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:And when they have a whole room dedicated to creating DB arcs and ideas, they should at least know what the fans want and are asking for.
Are fans asking for mediocre retellings and endless tournaments without stories both making up most of the series? That'd be terrib... Oh wait...!

Anyway, as for the actual question here: I feel like Broly and Kale meeting each other should be a point for games to explore. I feel like the series doing it would be a waste of time, especially when it has more things to cover/deal/showcase.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~