DBS Is Better Than DBZ

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

DBS Is Better Than DBZ

Post by Nokra » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:12 pm

It just is. Don't @me :mrgreen:

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: DBS Is Better Than DBZ

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:22 pm

Thank you for being part of the current downtrend in quality from anime, across the board. It is gotten to the point where a half assed production plauged with multiple pre-production issues, an incredibly rushed schedule (which clearly hurt the show), inconsistent writing due to lack of orginization and resources, recycled concepts to the point of outright beat by beat nostalgia grabs which don't come near the original, and horrific artwork/animation is all somehow praised because of the disgusting amount of fanservice and fanfiction it provided. People like you are also responsible for the travesty known as the Dragonball Heroes series.Why the hell should the corporate talking heads give a fuck about artistic integrity at this point when they've established that an existing fanbase will eat up anything with Dragonball slapped on it? IMO they got their first clue after they churned out all those mediocre Tenkaichi games year after year and were still getting record sales.

Disgusting. Toriyama should be ashamed.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:39 pm

Dude, you have to actually provide something that will provoke discussion in your opening post. You can't just say "Don't @ me" that's just being a crappy poster and community member.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:46 pm

I'm not a Super hater (though I think the Super manga is trash), but Super is definitely not better than Z/Kai by any overall standard. Not by storytelling, not by art design, not by character writing, not by fight scenes (though the Super Anime is close overall here), not by creativity and not by consistency.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:05 pm

Super rehashes characters from Z and does homages all the time. I’m just gonna leave it at that

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:09 pm

Nokra wrote:It just is. Don't @me :mrgreen:
Eh.....
The 2nd half of Super had better music and animation than Z :lol: .

BrolySSJL
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BrolySSJL » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:31 pm

What a bad joke.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:29 pm

Nokra wrote:It just is. Don't @me :mrgreen:
You are entitled to your opinion but I will not stand for the butchery of the English Language. What the FUCK is this supposed to mean? What are you trying to say!?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: