A Question About Ultra Instinct "Omen"...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

A Question About Ultra Instinct "Omen"...

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:44 pm

What would the rare state of being known as Ultra Instinct "Omen" to some people and Ultra Instinct -Sign- to others have done upon being awoken for the very first time and then eventually wearing off to first a user who can manipulate energy like for an example, Bardock having gained the use of the Ultra Instinct "Omen" transformation when he was succumbing to First Form Frieza’s Supernova in The Father of Goku, and second to a user who cannot use spiritual energy whatsoever like for an example, Future Bulma gaining Ultra Instinct "Omen" when she was about to be killed by Goku Black, with both users each surviving their respective experience with this power?

Come to think of it, what would have been the events to follow if Future Bulma had been the one to have killed Goku Black upon transforming into the powerful Ultra Instinct "Omen" state?

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Re: A Question About Ultra Instinct "Omen"...

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:21 pm

If someone would possess a variant of UI who has not received any divine training, i'd bet (attention: headcanon alert!) it's the same way as Roshi did it in the manga.
It's a very advanced state of fighting, so one first needs Ki-usage and knowledge of martial arts. Without control of any spiritual energy, it would be impossible i guess.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:33 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:If someone would possess a variant of UI who has not received any divine training, i'd bet (attention: headcanon alert!) it's the same way as Roshi did it in the manga.
It's a very advanced state of fighting, so one first needs Ki-usage and knowledge of martial arts. Without control of any spiritual energy, it would be impossible i guess.
The manga is complete garbage. Treat the manga like what it is, a mere afterthought. Toyotaro is a terrible writer

The Toei Toriyama anime is the quintessential canon version, and in that UI has already been explained in great detail.

-It's also a power transformation.

-It's about the act of reacting on instinct without thought.

-it's achieved via breaking past your own limits and losing yourself in the act of fighting/entering into a flow state. It's a lot like real life actually. Many fighters describe the same feelings when they compete

An old man Roshi who hadn't competed in decades achieving any form of UI was one of the stupidest things I had ever seen, and just further reinforced how terrible the manga is

How Goku gets Omen in the manga is also complete thrash and doesn't make any sense

The Toei Toriyama anime is far far far far superior and is THE quintessential cannon to go by

Goku getting Omen and MIU in the real canon (the anime) was utterly amazing

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:20 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:If someone would possess a variant of UI who has not received any divine training, i'd bet (attention: headcanon alert!) it's the same way as Roshi did it in the manga.
The manga is complete garbage. Treat the manga like what it is, a mere afterthought. Toyotaro is a terrible writer

The Toei Toriyama anime is the quintessential canon version, and in that UI has already been explained in great detail.

-It's also a power transformation.

-It's about the act of reacting on instinct without thought.

-it's achieved via breaking past your own limits and losing yourself in the act of fighting/entering into a flow state. It's a lot like real life actually. Many fighters describe the same feelings when they compete

An old man Roshi who hadn't competed in decades achieving any form of UI was one of the stupidest things I had ever seen, and just further reinforced how terrible the manga is

How Goku gets Omen in the manga is also complete thrash and doesn't make any sense

The Toei Toriyama anime is far far far far superior and is THE quintessential cannon to go by

Goku getting Omen and MIU in the real canon (the anime) was utterly amazing

Based on what we know now about the anime, one would surely need advanced divine training first to even think about UI Omen.
It was merely innocent speculation / headcanon, because a 'Roshi-variant' has never been confirmed in the anime.
In a world of fantasy however it may not be impossible.