How will Vegeta react?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Furiza

How will Vegeta react?

Post by Furiza » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:01 pm

If he will hear the story about Beerus ordering the destuction of Planet Vegeta.

I can see Vegeta cornering Freeza or wanting to finishing him off but right in time Freeza spills the story... Really curious for his reaction

Trek405

Re: How will Vegeta react?

Post by Trek405 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:13 pm

I doubt he'd care too much tbh. If this is going to become a thing what will come out if it?

Option 1: beerus beats vegeta and nothing is resolved and nothing changes.

Option 2: Vegeta beats beerus and avenges his race he barely cared about and....nothing changes?

If freeza does try this i'd want vegeta to not believe him or just not care.
Last edited by Trek405 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:51 pm

Its personal with Freeza unlike with Beerus. Vegeta stated before he didn't give a shit about his people, just himself plus as he's grown up I'm sure he realizes that he and the rest of his race were awful people that any good GoD would have wiped out. That said a scene where Vegeta fake threatens Beerus because of it and Beerus being freaked out could be pretty funny imo

To answer your question, I don't think he would care

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:05 pm

Vegeta won't give a shit. And he better not give a shit, too.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:11 pm

He doesn't care. Not in the slightest. But maybe Broly will care? We don't know his character yet so he may be one to care enough about his race to be mad at Beerus for it.

Furiza

Post by Furiza » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:06 pm

If he doesn't care and I know he said it I still ask myself the question...

Vegeta literally begs Goku to avenge the Saiyan race when he died against Freeza. And throughout Z, Super and even GT Vegeta is always preaching about saiyan pride.

And he DOES fill attachment to his former life. That's why he got along with Cabba so quickly (Piccolo pointed this out) and wanted to wish back the U6 saiyans in the ToP.

He even still calls him the prince of saiyans for reasons.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:47 pm

No offense, but why do people get this question ALL THE TIME? I feel like its clear that with Vegeta’s character now, he wouldn’t give a damn. Maybe at most he’ll be surprised and quickly snap at Beerus or something. Heck i could even see it being a gag moment. But Vegeta will get over it.

At most, he’d just use it as motivation for training to surpass Beerus.

Its the same as asking why Vegeta hasn’t brought back Planet Vegeta and the saiyans yet.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:01 pm

He shouldn't care. One of the best understated things about Vegeta in Resurrection F is that he didn't revel in his opportunity to beat up Freeza. He showed he'd gotten over it and had moved on, which was a proper, subtle show of his growth.

I think Super needs to conclude on a Beerus rematch at some point, and Vegeta finding out about that would be a nice bit of extra motivation for him to train hard enough to win, but it shouldn't be treated as a grand betrayal. That doesn't suit his characterisation, or his relationship with Beerus.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:21 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:No offense, but why do people get this question ALL THE TIME? I feel like its clear that with Vegeta’s character now, he wouldn’t give a damn. Maybe at most he’ll be surprised and quickly snap at Beerus or something. Heck i could even see it being a gag moment.
That's ridiculous, and unfortunately a reflection of the times when it comes to modern dragonball. It's a character moment that could actually mean something and move the character forward, finding out your entire race and homeworld were destroyed at the whims of an apathetic jerkoff. I get that Vegeta might have well come to terms of with the destruction of his saiyan homeworld, but that does not mean it holds no meaning for him whatsoever.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:12 pm

Furiza wrote:If he doesn't care and I know he said it I still ask myself the question...

Vegeta literally begs Goku to avenge the Saiyan race when he died against Freeza. And throughout Z, Super and even GT Vegeta is always preaching about saiyan pride.

And he DOES fill attachment to his former life. That's why he got along with Cabba so quickly (Piccolo pointed this out) and wanted to wish back the U6 saiyans in the ToP.

He even still calls him the prince of saiyans for reasons.
Exactly. Why do so many people in the western fandom have this misconception about Vegeta allegedly not caring about his race when in reality, literally everything he does in the franchise one way or another is because of his race? Its like people in this part of the fandom are either in denial of or just don't get the character.

If Vegeta didn't care about his own people at all, then none of this would ever had happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfu1o61p1mQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aovcg4CgaBI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRKykuK1Nk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMARE1AiL4k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw2JcCpzyMg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztWAO8epO14

Why is the normally anti-social Vegeta so quick to befriend Cabba and be so interested in Planet Sadala if he didn't care about the Saiyans? Vegeta, even post Buu arc, is a character that values his race and family more than any conventional moral standard. Even GT Vegeta was still all about his race. When Baby Gohan confronted Vegeta about how the Saiyans wiped out the Tuffles, Vegeta merely mocked Baby and showed no remorse for what his dad and people did to them. He basically just said "hahaha, you Tuffles suck" to Baby.

And in the RoF arc, Vegeta was shown to still hate Freeza for what he did, he just didn't rage out about it. Beerus even warned Whis not to let the secret out that he gave Freeza the okay on wiping out the Saiyans. Why would Beerus be so concerned about that if he wasn't worried about Vegeta and/or Goku turning on him for it?
Last edited by zarmack on Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:27 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:No offense, but why do people get this question ALL THE TIME? I feel like its clear that with Vegeta’s character now, he wouldn’t give a damn. Maybe at most he’ll be surprised and quickly snap at Beerus or something. Heck i could even see it being a gag moment.
That's ridiculous, and unfortunately a reflection of the times when it comes to modern dragonball. It's a character moment that could actually mean something and move the character forward, finding out your entire race and homeworld were destroyed at the whims of an apathetic jerkoff. I get that Vegeta might have well come to terms of with the destruction of his saiyan homeworld, but that does not mean it holds no meaning for him whatsoever.
Exactly