Piccolo's role in DBS Broly from SDBH 8th Anniversary Super Guide

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Piccolo's role in DBS Broly from SDBH 8th Anniversary Super Guide

Post by larzooma » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:28 pm

A few of the more popular youtube and twitter DBS commentators mentioned an upcoming feature in the SDBH 8th Anniversary Super Guide on Piccolo's role in the DBS Broly movie. The guide was released on 11/9, but no one followed up with a translation or summary. Does anyone have any information on the discussion?

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Re: Piccolo's role in DBS Broly from SDBH 8th Anniversary Super Guide

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:35 pm

larzooma wrote:A few of the more popular youtube and twitter DBS commentators mentioned an upcoming feature in the SDBH 8th Anniversary Super Guide on Piccolo's role in the DBS Broly movie. The guide was released on 11/9, but no one followed up with a translation or summary. Does anyone have any information on the discussion?
Only person who I saw saying that was Gogeta, if he’s the only one then you shouldn’t trust him. He’s been wrong A Lot before including saying tori would do an interview in vol 7

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:47 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
larzooma wrote:A few of the more popular youtube and twitter DBS commentators mentioned an upcoming feature in the SDBH 8th Anniversary Super Guide on Piccolo's role in the DBS Broly movie. The guide was released on 11/9, but no one followed up with a translation or summary. Does anyone have any information on the discussion?
Only person who I saw saying that was Gogeta, if he’s the only one then you shouldn’t trust him. He’s been wrong A Lot before including saying tori would do an interview in vol 7
I saw him and Callmearj mention it, but the latter said something after Goveta posted on Twitter. Thanks for the info.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:59 pm

I'm curious too. Hes been featured somewhat prominently in the promotional materials.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:56 am

Well according to Geekdom's last video

(MASSIVE POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:32 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Well according to Geekdom's last video

Well, it was either that or "gathers the dragon balls".I kinda like this better, since is something that no other characters can do, and makes for a fun interaction.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:29 pm

Majin Jator wrote:

Well, it was either that or "gathers the dragon balls".I kinda like this better, since is something that no other characters can do, and makes for a fun interaction.
Yeah it should make for fun character interactions and it allows Piccolo to be useful with his brain since obviously he isnt really useful on the battlefield anymore.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:31 am

Teaching the Fusion Dance? I imagine Goten and Trunks would have the necessary experience to relay how it's supposed to be done precisely. The orational skills of theirs may not be the best, but surely they can put into words how it's done. Moreover, an open demonstration would be better than just a solo performance from someone who has never used it before.

Guess this is one way to offer some kind of role to Piccolo. With no god ki, no presently important training or anything else to help boost his power up, "knowledge" is his hope for viability. As a Piccolo fan, I should appreciate it because it's something. Given the character's perceived attribute of being an "intellectual", however, I wish there was a more deep and firsthand way to apply what he knows. Fusion Dance is technically a bit of a recall of something that occurred previously in the Buu arc.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:17 am

PFM18 wrote:
Majin Jator wrote:

Yeah it should make for fun character interactions and it allows Piccolo to be useful with his brain since obviously he isnt really useful on the battlefield anymore.
Let’s see if they can top their interactions from the original..