Does the Super Manga feel incomplete?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Re: Does the Super Manga feel incomplete?

Post by batistabus » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:44 pm

PFM18 wrote:
batistabus wrote:
PFM18 wrote:But the movie versions heavily contradict the DBS manga.
1. I don't agree. This is certainly not the case for DBS: Broly, which does not include SSBKK/SSBE.
2. Even if this was the case, I feel that the storytelling and presentation of the manga is more inline with the films/original manga/Toriyama's style. The story is more lean, quirky, fun, and thoughtful. That is what is most important to me.
This isn't a manga vs anime comparison. You said that "the movies are the definitive versions", but if you go by the BoG movie and not the BoG arc in the manga, it heavily contradicts things. I don't know what you're really supposed to do with the RoF story in the manga.
You asked me. I take the films and fill in the rest with the manga. The fact that they're different mediums doesn't bother me. That's all.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Does the Super Manga feel incomplete?

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:20 pm

gives the feeling that manga is a complement that depends on the author's decisions and toei but that is what it is .. more than anything advertising